• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

17 Votes

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Murphy
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2251884/
https://www.instagram.com/annefrances/?hl=en
https://www.aznude.com/view/celeb/a/anniemurphy.html
https://www.thewikifeed.com/annie-murphy/
https://schitts-creek.fandom.com/wiki/Annie_Murphy
https://www.nudography.com/Celebrities/annie_murphy.aspx

Anne Frances Murphy (born December 19, 1986) is a Canadian actress. She is best known for her starring role as Alexis Rose in the CBC sitcom Schitt's Creek (2015–2020). For her performance in the series, she garnered critical acclaim and won a Primetime Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, while also receiving nominations for four Canadian Screen Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Critics' Choice Television Awards, and one Golden Globe Award.

Annie Murphy
Annie Murphy (cropped).jpg
Murphy in February 2017
BornAnne Frances Murphy
December 19, 1986 (age 34)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Occupation
  • Actress
Years active2007–present
Spouse(s)Menno Versteeg

(m. 2011)

Early life[edit]​

Anne Frances Murphy[1] was born an only child in Ottawa, Ontario,[2][3] on December 19, 1986.[4] Both her parents were teachers.[3]

She attended high school at Elmwood School in Ottawa, where she performed in stage productions.[5] Murphy enrolled at Queen's University for one year before pursuing a degree in theatre performance at Concordia University.[3] She then trained at the Canadian Film Centre Actors' Conservatory.[5]

She moved to Los Angeles at age 22 to pursue a career in acting.[6]

Attachments

• annie_murphy_474405[1].jpg
    annie_murphy_474405[1].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 199
  • annie_murphy_ab3a6e[1].jpg
    annie_murphy_ab3a6e[1].jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 227

DuanCulo

Staff member

https://www.freeones.com/annie-murphy/

Career[edit]​

Murphy in February 2015
Murphy made her acting debut in the crime-thriller television film Lethal Obsession (2007). She continued to perform small and extra roles in various other Canadian films, such as Story of Jen (2008),[7] Lick (2010),[8] and A Windigo Tale (2010).[9] She also appeared in several Canadian television series, including Good God (2012) and Rookie Blue (2012).[10] She has said that, during this time, she was a "struggling actress" who "was begging to go in for comedies" but her resume had only drama.[9] She also appeared in numerous American television series, including The Beautiful Life: TBL (2009), Blue Mountain State (2010), Against the Wall (2011), and Beauty & the Beast (2012).[10][11]

As a struggling actress, Murphy was considering quitting acting as a career path,[12] recalling in 2020, "My house had just burnt down, I had like, $3 in my bank account, I hadn't worked in close to two years. And I had just blown my very first screen test — like blown it, blown it, blown it. ... I found myself crying in the Pacific Ocean, a very snotty cry, and the universe was like, 'Don't do this anymore. This is not for you!' But then, two days later, I got the audition for Schitt's Creek."[13] In 2013, she auditioned for and won the role of Alexis Rose on the CBC sitcom Schitt's Creek.[6] She played the character for the series' entire run of six seasons, from January 2015 until April 2020.[14][15][16][17]

After six years in Montreal, Murphy moved to Toronto, where she co-created and starred in The Plateaus, a 2015 web series about four insufferable musicians.[3][18] Her performance in the show earned her a nomination at the 2016 Canadian Screen Awards for Best Performance in a Program or Series Produced for Digital Media.[19] At the same ceremony, Murphy was nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy Series for her performance in Schitt's Creek.[19] She earned the same nomination for this performance in 2018,[20] 2019,[21] and 2020.[22] Additionally, this performance earned Murphy nominations for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the 2019 Critics' Choice Television Awards,[23] Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series at the 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards,[24] and Best Actress in a Breakthrough Role at the 2019 Gracie Awards, the latter of which she won.[25] In September 2020, she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her performance in the final season of Schitt's Creek.[26]

In February 2020, she was cast as the lead in AMC's television dark comedy series Kevin Can F**k Himself.[27] Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production of the show was delayed by several months, but resumed in September 2020.[28][29]

In 2020, Murphy appeared in a holiday advertising campaign for Hudson's Bay department stores opposite her Schitt's Creek co-star Catherine O'Hara.[30] She also appeared in a series of ads for meal-kit company HelloFresh, including in a soap-opera style web series titled Hungry Hearts.[31] In January 2021, she appeared in a commercial for Nintendo Switch, appearing in one scene opposite her real-life mother.

DuanCulo

Staff member

Activism and advocacy[edit]​

Murphy is an ambassador for the global relief agency Care Canada. In 2019, she visited Jordan to learn about Care's efforts to empower women and girls in the region.[32] In January 2021, Murphy donated proceeds from the auction of her first red carpet dress to Encampment Support Network, a not-for-profit that helps Toronto's unhoused persons.[33]

Personal life[edit]​

Murphy married singer and musician Menno Versteeg, lead singer of the bands Hollerado and Anyway Gang, in August 2011.[34][35][36] In 2013, a fire occurred at their home; the two were uninjured but lost most of their belongings.[2]

Murphy has a tattoo of James Stewart's silhouette on her wrist, citing his "heartbreaking, sweet, and funny" performance in Harvey (1950) as one of her influences.[37]

Annie Murphy

Biography​

Showing all 8 items
Jump to: Overview (3) | Mini Bio (1) | Family (2) | Trivia (1) | Personal Quotes (1)

Overview (3)​

BornDecember 19, 1986 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Birth NameAnne Frances Murphy
Height5' 7" (1.7 m)

Mini Bio (1)​

Annie Murphy's past projects have included Rookie Blue, Flashpoint, Good God, The Story of Jen, Beauty and the Beast, and Blue Mountain State and has also worked in theatre in Montreal and Toronto.

Murphy is currently starring in Schitt's Creek for CBC/ITV. She stars alongside Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy, Catherine O'Hara, and Chris Elliott as Alexis Rose, the daughter of Levy and O'Hara. Murphy was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award for Best Actress in a Comedy for her work on the show.

Murphy wrote, produced, and acted in The Plateaus, a CBC web series, which also features Elisha Cuthbert, Jay Baruchel, Sam Roberts, and Kevin MacDonald. She is a graduate of both the Canadian Film Centre Actors' Conservatory and the Theatre Performance Program at Concordia University. She resides in Toronto, Ontario and was born in Ottawa.
- IMDb Mini Biography By: Gabrielle Free

Family (2)​

SpouseMenno Versteeg (20 August 2011 - present)
ParentsDeb

Trivia (1)​

After her house burned down and she had a mere $3 left in her bank account, Annie Murphy considered quitting acting altogether. Fortunately, she got the audition for "Schitt's Creek" and landed the role of Alexis.

Personal Quotes (1)​

Oh my god! The 6 years that I spent working on this show have been the best 6 years of my entire life, and I'm so, so, proud of the cast, and the crew, and the writers, and I can't believe that Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are my friends. I'm so proud to be a part of a show that's about love, kindness, inclusively, and acceptance because those are 4 things that we need more than ever right now. And hi to my family and friends and I love you so, so, much and this is really, really wild. Thank you so, so, much! -Emmy Awards Acceptance speech

Won 1 Primetime Emmy. Another 5 wins & 15 nominations. See more awards »

Photos​

Annie Murphy and Eric Petersen in Kevin Can F**k Himself (2021) Annie Murphy in Kevin Can F**k Himself (2021) Brian Howe, Annie Murphy, Eric Petersen, Mary Hollis Inboden, and Alex Bonifer in Kevin Can F**k Himself (2021)
78 photos | 21 videos »