• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

id software(DOOM & QUAKE)newest ip RAGE. 360 version needs 3 discs........

lachemo

My Girlfriend is a Blowup Doll!
id software's newest game RAGE,due out next year for 360 PS3 PC and Mac, uses a brand new engine that does some insane shit. Due to the tech, the game is gonna have to be on 3 discs for the xbox360 because the console uses dvd9 instead of a high capacity disc.Graphic and performance hits with the 360 version have also been reported in previews of the live demo to make matters worse. Thoughts?

shayd

If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings including this one.
id software's newest game RAGE,due out next year for 360 PS3 PC and Mac, uses a brand new engine that does some insane shit. Due to the tech, the game is gonna have to be on 3 discs for the xbox360 because the console uses dvd9 instead of a high capacity disc.Graphic and performance hits with the 360 version have also been reported in previews of the live demo to make matters worse. Thoughts?

It ought to be interesting, that's for sure. I don't know of any non-Japanese game that's been on multiple discs, and even those weren't too great, but I wouldn't be surprised if in the end id trimmed the game back.

shooterking69

Practices kissing in the mirror.

yeah also the ps3 doesn't have the RAM to play the game.

i wonder how are they gonna fix that.

tittenman

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.

That is outrageous This is one of the reasons I bought a PS3 you havent got any of this sort of nonsense.

megaewok

Girls fuck me in my dreams!
3 discs would be annoying

"Oh crap! I forgot that one thing on the other disk, but which one?"

STDiva

PS3 is really starting to flex it's muscles. It's doing to the 360 what the original XBOX did to the PS2.

shayd

PS3 is really starting to flex it's muscles. It's doing to the 360 what the original XBOX did to the PS2.

It's really starting to show the potential Sony has hyped for years now. The question is whether it's too late to mean anything, because both companies are due to come out with a new iteration to each line soon.

redpaint

Closed Account
Just wait until they start using 400*GB Blu-ray discs then your going to see what the ps3 can do.

shayd

Just wait until they start using 400*GB Blu-ray discs then your going to see what the ps3 can do.

The size of the game discs is really not all that telling. The efficiency and power of the processor and video components are much more crucial and telling.

redpaint

Closed Account
The size of the game discs is really not all that telling. The efficiency and power of the processor and video components are much more crucial and telling.

I know but think of what they could do with that much space.

lachemo

.............and how the devs utilize it. Anyone can burn some type of code onto a dvd,few can make that code something special and timely in the world of games.

tittenman

It's really starting to show the potential Sony has hyped for years now. The question is whether it's too late to mean anything, because both companies are due to come out with a new iteration to each line soon.

Oh this is Sony we are talking about there is plenty of life left in the PS3 if they have anything to say about it. The PS2 is still selling reasonably well and I believe the PS1 is also selling a not insignificant number of units still. I think there is easily another 4 years till a new console becomes a reality.

Ravenholm

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
John Carmack stated that the 360 version WILL be trimmed down in areas so as it will be possible to bring it to the console. Which areas, I don't know. It shouldn't be too much damage done to the gameplay though. But IF the game is appealing to me, the PS3 version will be bought. Ignorant Xbox fanboys laugh at PS3 owners for having to install games before play, a lot of the time. Maybe so. But that just adds to the over all quality of the gameplay at your finger tips. Better loading times than the Xbox versions, less pop up graphics, ect. Oblivion and GTA IV are proof of this. Oblivion loads about five seconds or so quicker than the XBox version. And GTA IV doesn't have the pop up on PS3 that the XB version has.

A 400gb San Andreas remake. That would be better than getting my cock sucked by Jessica Alba. HELL YEAH. Well maybe not exactly better than having Jessica wrap those lips around my love stick, but you get the meaning lol.

lachemo

Devs fuckin' hate Microsoft for releasing a sku of 360's that dont have a preinstalled hardrive. That was stupid. If you want to be an all-around platform but still cater to the hardcore gamers 90% of the time than you gotta have a hardrive in every console. You wanna be Wii than go do that.

Devs have to do special shit to the 360 version of games due to the fact that some people dont have hardrives in their xbox. You cant make a game and label it "hardrive systems only". Or did Microsoft want to do that before they looked at it closely? Wouldnt surprise me......... Microsoft is not a hardware company Shayd...........................LOL

shayd

Oh this is Sony we are talking about there is plenty of life left in the PS3 if they have anything to say about it. The PS2 is still selling reasonably well and I believe the PS1 is also selling a not insignificant number of units still. I think there is easily another 4 years till a new console becomes a reality.

I've talked about his before, so if I'm being repetitive bear with me. The success of the PS2, especially since the launch of the PS3 has been more directly correlated to the restrictive price of the PS3 itself. If the PS3 had been affordable since launch, those numbers would most likely be insignificant. The PS3 will probably still be actively developed for in the coming years, but Sony has sort of set the precedent of a console having a 4-6 year lifespan.

Devs fuckin' hate Microsoft for releasing a sku of 360's that dont have a preinstalled hardrive. That was stupid. If you want to be an all-around platform but still cater to the hardcore gamers 90% of the time than you gotta have a hardrive in every console. You wanna be Wii than go do that.

Devs have to do special shit to the 360 version of games due to the fact that some people dont have hardrives in their xbox. You cant make a game and label it "hardrive systems only". Or did Microsoft want to do that before they looked at it closely? Wouldnt surprise me......... Microsoft is not a hardware company Shayd...........................LOL

:1orglaugh Got me! :D

But more seriously, I think that this was Microsoft's plan from the beginning, as the whole separate HD issue had never been explored before, and there was no reason to, unless you're Microsoft and are looking to make as much money as possible. It's sort of the same thing that they did with Wi-Fi functionality, that is, they sold, and still sell a $100 add on to give you the functionality that is built into the other current gen systems, (although personally I side-stepped it and built my own from an old router).

rockmandash

I shoot my load further than you can pee!
getting this game which is a clone of wasteland 2042 ?

I don't think so.... i will buy something different....

A 400gb San Andreas remake. That would be better than getting my cock sucked by Jessica Alba. HELL YEAH. Well maybe not exactly better than having Jessica wrap those lips around my love stick, but you get the meaning lol.

i agree on san andreas 400 Giga remake

Ravenholm

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
getting this game which is a clone of wasteland 2042 ?

I don't think so.... i will buy something different....

i agree on san andreas 400 Giga remake

Yes indeed. Imagine Mount Chillad in todays graphics. Taking a bike for a spin up the mountain, only this time it could be made BIGGER than before. It took a couple of minutes to reach the top in the PS2 version.

redpaint

Closed Account
Yes indeed. Imagine Mount Chillad in todays graphics. Taking a bike for a spin up the mountain, only this time it could be made BIGGER than before. It took a couple of minutes to reach the top in the PS2 version.

I remember walking from one end of the map to the other took me ages.