• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Music that really moved you lately

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
First time I notice this guy was in a video where he performed live with Joss Stone.

Then I saw this first clip, at Bill Maher, the last show before the election in 2009. The complete show is good, but the song at the end of it, 'If You're Out There'. Just listened to it again as I got the URL... it brings me to tears, every time. I feel it might teach us a little lesson, about what really matters, and that we should not be so sarcastic and maybe step up and try and do something to change thinge we don't like, rather than hitting at each other.

I found a great interview with him, too. It shines a light on him, you might enjoy this, too

So, what song moved YOU, lately?

Sun Ra's Heliocentric Worlds was fucking epic.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I was standing near the curb at the grocery store today when a Buick pulled up, stereo thumping. It was either strangle him with speaker while or move. So I moved.

Facetious

Moderated
I think that you'll like this very much, Supadupa. I don't think that I've ever seen a better pairing of music and imagery in my entire life!
The "smoke face" @ 2:15, "the audience" @ 3:19 and the tearing violinist @ 6:19 are my favorites. :glugglug:

Band Info FWIW

Seemed a bit unusual for Marilyn Manson and a break away from him just trying to be controversial

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I've had this girl on my mind as of late, and know that she doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about her, so I haven't talked to her in a while, which kind of hurts sometimes. For whatever reason, this song seems to help me feel better, despite it having nothing to do with girls, feelings, etc. Weird, eh?

The same kind of goes for this song. I imagine that I sound pretty depressing right now.

This, I'm not sure why, but it feels poignant to me for some reason.

jod0565

Member, you member...
Loreena McKennitt - Under A Prygian Sky.
Very soothing and relaxing to me. All songs from her are cool in my opinion.
Nice thread, Supa.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
As a huge Oasis fan, I've known about this cover for a while now but it always gets to me:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Thank you guys, there quite some very emotional songs there in your posts :)

As many of you know my father who was my best friend in the entire world passed last year and i have had troubles dealing with it.
I heard a song by burno mars called talking to moon everytime i hear that song i think of him and i get emotional