• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

young_guns

Assfinder General
Rondo's defense is crappy?? It's probably his best asset.

I wouldn't go so far as to he's the best point guard though......I still lean toward Chris Paul.

rondo gets steals but he isnt a shut down D player...boston's just a great defensive team all around...rondo rebounds and gets steals, but if u asked him to go shut down the other guard he's guarding, meh...dont think it's gunna happen...plus he doesnt have a jump shot to save his life...i like cp3, deron, nash, parker are the top PG in the league right now

STDiva

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
rondo gets steals but he isnt a shut down D player...boston's just a great defensive team all around...rondo rebounds and gets steals, but if u asked him to go shut down the other guard he's guarding, meh...dont think it's gunna happen...plus he doesnt have a jump shot to save his life...i like cp3, deron, nash, parker are the top PG in the league right now

Nash and Parker? C'mon man. Nash is like Brett Favre. Sure he has tons of assists/touchdowns, but he also has a shitload of turnovers/interceptions. He just slings it around and half the time it is a highlight pass, half the time it is a turnover eliminating his no defense team from the playoffs. Again. Plus Nash is a fucking huge liability on the defensive end. I give him props for his jumpshot/foul line skills though. As for Parker, Parker is a product of Duncan's and Popovich's greatness, 'nuff said.

titsrock

None of us agree on what makes a great all-around guard. That's for sure. :rofl:

Rondo is a system defender. He does benefit from the team defense that Boston plays. Nash might be a good defender, but the Suns, as a group, don't play defense. They play uptempo, run and gun.

Best defender? How about Raja Bell?

STDiva

None of us agree on what makes a great all-around guard. That's for sure. :rofl:

Rondo is a system defender. He does benefit from the team defense that Boston plays. Nash might be a good defender, but the Suns, as a group, don't play defense. They play uptempo, run and gun.

Best defender? How about Raja Bell?

Shane Battier is the best defender in the league IMO. He doesn't have the stats to prove it, but he is always considered among the top by coaches and players. He has a book full of notes top stop guys like Kobe, and Durant. He studies film more than any other player and his basketball I.Q is off the charts. He's just a great defender that get's no recognition.

Lebron could probably win every award in the league if he wanted. He's athletic enough to be the leagues dominant defender, but he's too lazy and sags off his man to get a flashy block or steal, or to start a fast break.

Kobe/Artest/Barnes are incredible perimiter defenders. Smart, physical and experienced. Kobe is just a competitor and will be put on guys like Westbrook and Rondo to shut them down. Artest is big, quick and physical enough to shut guys like Lebron and Pierce down (or at least hold them under 35%) and Barnes is a combination of both, but gambles too much to be a consistent defensive force.

As for Nash, you can play run and gun offense and still be a good man to man defender. Nash is just to slow and small to be an effective defender. He's like Derek Fisher, except more gifted offensively. Too small to guard guys like Williams and Billups, but too slow to guard guys like Paul and Westbrook.

The best defenders at their positions IMO are

C - Dwight Howard
PF - Josh Smith
SF - Ron Artest
SG - Shane Battier
PG - Rajon Rondo

Battier/Artest/Smith could probably juggle positions and still be effective.

YumiYumi_1988

My wife doesn't know I'm a perv!
Expanding on titsrock's point on Steve Nash, he is starting to turn the ball over. Having watched him for a long time here, he used to seemingly never make bad mental decisions. But over the last 2-3 years he every so often makes wtf decisions. And something no one mentions about him is that he's terrible at managing end of quarter and end of game situations. He always seems to shoot the ball just 0.2 seconds past the horn and tries to squeeze one last pass in with less than a second left.

Judging the best defender is hard to do cuz defending consists of so many aspects. For example, Josh Smith is great at big plays (steals, blocks) but isn't as consistent defending on ball, off ball, or in the post as Ron Artest.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Lakers looked pretty good tonight and Phoenix wasn't too bad either. With more games I can see Phoenix and athletic players like Childress and Warrik gelling well with Nash.

Sadly my NYK lost to the celtics but put up a fight. Which I'm glad to see. I've got the Knicks in the eighth seed this year.

Yeah i also got the Knicks in the 8th seed. btw if Gallinari wasn't in a shooting slump we could of won against boston & portland.

Wilson Chandler six man of the year?

rwill25

Nice tits, mind if I feel them?
Through the first five games it's starting to become clear what roles Wade and James are going to play.

It seems when the "big 3" are all on the court at the same time, Wade is the primary scorer. James is doing a great job distributing, and also playing great defense. Bosh.... well... :facepalm: James Jones is a great 3 point shooter, and the heat bench as a whole is very decent.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat go 20-1 to start this season.

titsrock

^
20-1 :yesyes: How does 72 - 12 sound to you, bro? Hey, there's plenty of room to ride on my coattails ;)

Rasho

I know my sig is too big, but...
Oh please........the only credible win the Heat have thus far is against the Magic. Nothing to gloat about beating the 76ers, Nets and Wolves, teams that will once again be bottom feeders this season.

Lets see how they do against the Hornets on Friday, then Utah and Boston again next week. Going into that second rematch, the Celtics will be well rested for a veteran team as they will have 2 days off prior. Then you look at another rematch on the 24th against the Magic in Orlando, which means no home cooking for the Heat like they did the first game. I doubt the Magic will shoot 30% again.

I'm sure 72-12 is just a typo, because there are only 82 games. But I get your point. I hope you realize just how hard 70+ win is. No matter how good you are, there are going to be nights when teams just don't play well. Then you have games where a weak team gets a fluke win against you. I remember when my Toronto Raptors in 1996 (3rd worst worst that year) handed Jordan's Bulls 1 of their 10 losses that season when they won 72 games. With that said, that Jordan team was just a dream season for one of the great dynasty runs in basketball.

I'm predicting more along the lines of 65 wins or so the first year together. 70+ MAYBE second or third year as they develop better chemistry and do something about their front court.

titsrock

^
Dude...they've already got the defense. Now, all we're waiting to see is will they score 130+ every game and set all sorts of offensive records... ;)

Let the beatdowns on the entire league BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thefinger

YumiYumi_1988

Every single team has one or two bad stretches where they go lose 6 out of 10 or something along those lines. For the Heat to go 70-12, they'd have to avoid that, or that's half their losses already. And why does it matter how many games they win? 60 probably clinches the 1-seed. The Cavaliers coulda won more games the last couple of years, as well as the Lakers last season, but once you are comfortable with where you are you step off the gas pedal. Hey, I hope the Heat aim for 70. That way they extend themselves every night (let's be honest, every single team has nights where they half ass it) and lose gas out of their tanks for the playoffs.

young_guns

Assfinder General
Nash and Parker? C'mon man. Nash is like Brett Favre. Sure he has tons of assists/touchdowns, but he also has a shitload of turnovers/interceptions. He just slings it around and half the time it is a highlight pass, half the time it is a turnover eliminating his no defense team from the playoffs. Again. Plus Nash is a fucking huge liability on the defensive end. I give him props for his jumpshot/foul line skills though. As for Parker, Parker is a product of Duncan's and Popovich's greatness, 'nuff said.

rondo over nash? 2 time mvp? you dont even need to guard rondo on the jump shot...rondo is in a defensive system...nash cant defend cuz the suns are horrid at D...rondo is passing to guys that can FINISH! ray allen, PP, KG...those guys can finish the ball...who do the suns have now, that amare left? and parker is a better all around player than rondo, 3 rings isnt a fluke

YumiYumi_1988

Pistons now 0-5. Bleh.

Cuz of the 2nd best team in Florida, everyone has seemed to forget that the Lakers are undefeated, 5-0.

Any chance the Hawks can hang with the Floridians? Everyone forgets they were the 3 seed last season (ahead of Boston) and are also 5-0. They are basically the same team as last year. The Southeast is easily the best division in the East, and IMO the best in the whole league. Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, and John Wall. Pretty good.

Rasho

I know my sig is too big, but...
lol @ Atlanta calling themselves the best in the NBA right now, at least Josh Smith was the one who said it. You can't have an easier schedule than what the Hawks have had to start a season, Memphis, Philly, Washington, Cleveland, Detroit........None of these teams are making the playoffs, with 4 of them being absolute bottom feeders. Memphis has a nice young team, but they're not ready yet.

The same 8 western teams from last season, with the exception of Phoenix, looks to be locks for the playoffs again this season. I think with a healthy Chris Paul again, New Orleans is going to replace Phoenix in the playoffs. Steve Nash has no one to run the pick and roll with anymore. And I'd like to thank Phoenix once again for taking Hedo Turkeyglu off our hands, because he is hot garbage, as hot as those pizza commercials he made in his time here in Toronto.

STDiva

rondo over nash? 2 time mvp? you dont even need to guard rondo on the jump shot...rondo is in a defensive system...nash cant defend cuz the suns are horrid at D...rondo is passing to guys that can FINISH! ray allen, PP, KG...those guys can finish the ball...who do the suns have now, that amare left? and parker is a better all around player than rondo, 3 rings isnt a fluke

Parker is a better all around player than Rondo??? :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

That's hilarious. Parker isn't even a top 5 PG in the league anymore. Shaq has rings too. Is he better than Howard because he has rings? Nope. He use to be better. Not anymore. Same goes for Parker. We're talking about today. Not 5 years ago when Nash was winning undeserved MVP's and Parker was on a dynasty.

The only two PG's that should be considered better than Rondo are Paul and Williams. I would just prefer Rondo.

Let's look at the lines last night.

Rajon Rondo - 17 points. 15 assists. 8 rebounds. 3 steals. 7-11 shooting.
Tony Parker - 11 points. 6 assists. 5 rebounds. 1 steal. 4-11 shooting.
Steve Nash - 19 points. 7 assists. 6 rebounds. 8-22 shooting.
Chris Paul - 25 points. 8 assists. 7 rebounds. 4 steals. 7-12 shooting.
Deron Williams - 22 points. 14 assists. 8 rebounds. 2 steals. 7-14 shooting.

It's pretty clear who the top 3 PG's in the league are. Get this Nash/Parker B.S outta here.

YumiYumi_1988

What a game between the Suns and the Grizzlies. That one had to hurt for the Grizz.....had an 18 point at one point, and led by 4 with 3 seconds left and somehow lost......

Rezen

God damn it, Baconsalt!
Quick Thoughts on Friday Nights games:

The Perfect Hornets beat the Heat!! NO is on fire right now.

Bulls hung tough against the Celts. They are gonna be scary when Boozer comes back.

The Golden State Warriors are looking good too, surprising the Jazz and Steph Curry is back and looking good. Warriors with D Lee, Ellis (Who's currently the league leader in PPG) and Steph Curry have a young and talented three.

JR Smith had a ridiculous dunk last night in the Nuggets game.

Nets hung in for a while with the Magic but Dwight Howard was too much for the young Brook Lopez. Still very optimistic for the Nets future.

My team the NYK, run and gunned past the Wizards and are looking like a low seed playoff team in the east and I couldn't be happier. We are one guy away from contending in the East.

Hawks and Lakers still perfect too but they beat the lowly Wolves and Raptors respectively.

Another team I like came back and beat the Grizz in a good game.

Love me some NBA.

young_guns

Assfinder General
Parker is a better all around player than Rondo??? :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

That's hilarious. Parker isn't even a top 5 PG in the league anymore. Shaq has rings too. Is he better than Howard because he has rings? Nope. He use to be better. Not anymore. Same goes for Parker. We're talking about today. Not 5 years ago when Nash was winning undeserved MVP's and Parker was on a dynasty.

The only two PG's that should be considered better than Rondo are Paul and Williams. I would just prefer Rondo.

Let's look at the lines last night.

Rajon Rondo - 17 points. 15 assists. 8 rebounds. 3 steals. 7-11 shooting.
Tony Parker - 11 points. 6 assists. 5 rebounds. 1 steal. 4-11 shooting.
Steve Nash - 19 points. 7 assists. 6 rebounds. 8-22 shooting.
Chris Paul - 25 points. 8 assists. 7 rebounds. 4 steals. 7-12 shooting.
Deron Williams - 22 points. 14 assists. 8 rebounds. 2 steals. 7-14 shooting.

It's pretty clear who the top 3 PG's in the league are. Get this Nash/Parker B.S outta here.

rondo is a passer not a scorer...i'd still take an old steve nash and so called overrated tony parker over rondo...rondo has 3 future hall of famers on his team...altho i dont think PP will be a hall of famer...dont get me wrong rondo is putting up huge numbers...but i am being bias...i'd still take nash and parker over rondo