• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Red Faction: Guerilla

Ah, I remember the first Red Faction on the PS2 and how that game provided much enjoyment alone or when a friend was over! Sadly the second one, which really should have been simply named something else, did not deliver or was even anywhere near the first game's plot, or if it was, I surely do not remember it.

The third game looks great and hopefully delivers. Apparently you are able to take out whole buildings, destroy the environment, use all different sorts of way to fight the enemy! I am looking forward to the true sequel to Red Faction!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5ecIpTEb4

Can look around for more videos if you want, but thought I would add the link to show people the potential this game has!

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Except for terrain deformation, I got all my 'destructive cravings' under control with Mercenaries2:World In Flames. Take out any sign/tree/building/person/friggin' anything!

The game was also pretty challenging towards the end, too. Not bad.

Red Faction 1 was cheesy but fun to play. Didnt get much of a chance to really mess with the environment except when they wanted you to move past this door.. this tower.. under this place.. and then back to standard FPS killfests. Ah well. Here's hoping the next succeeds. :) Anyone tried Fracture? (LucasArts) It's terrain-deformation fun in the meantime! ;)

Yeah. When it comes to games I am usually cautious until they are out in stores for a while and I have seen the reviews, and if there are any bugs or glitches.

As for Red Faction I did enjoy the first one a great deal! Sure it was cheesy, but it was a simple blow stuff up and shoot 'em down, with a pretty decent storyline, I think so at least.

With this new Red Faction coming out and given the technology and updated programs to be used, I can only hope they deliver with this game. Buildings being able to be blown up and terrain destruction galore! I am looking forward to it, but also cautious.

Mercenaries 2 I seen has a few annoying flaws in it from dumb AI, airdrops being dropped in inaccessible positions, and little things here and there. I am thinking about getting it when it is cheap, just a little skeptical about it with what I have seen and heard regarding it.