• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

13 Votes

DuanCulo

Staff member
Saweetie was born Diamonté Harper on July 2, 1993, to a Filipino-Chinese mother and an African-American father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saweetie
https://www.icybysaweetie.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2FCUwThC0RAzaQoI0TtpLA
https://twitter.com/Saweetie?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp| twgr^author

Born Diamonté Harper

July 2, 1993 (age 26)[1]
Santa Clara, California, U.S.
Residence Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Alma mater

University of Southern California

Occupation

Rapper singer

Musical career
Genres Hip hop
Years active 2017–present
Labels

Icy Warner Bros. Artistry

Associated acts

Quavo Kid Ink Big K.R.I.T. Kehlani Rich the Kid Lil Wayne Zaytoven G-Eazy

Diamonté Harper (born July 2, 1993), known professionally as Saweetie, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. After the release of her debut single, "Icy Grl", she was signed to Warner Bros. Records in partnership with Artistry Worldwide. She released her debut extended play, High Maintenance, on March 16, 2018.
Contents

1 Early life and education
2 Career
3 Personal life
4 Discography
4.1 Extended plays
4.2 Singles
4.3 Guest appearances
4.4 Music videos
5 References
6 External links

Early life and education

Saweetie was born Diamonté Harper[2] on July 2, 1993, to a Filipino-Chinese mother and an African-American father.[3][4][5] She grew up largely in Hayward, California and spent much of her life in the San Francisco Bay Area but finished high school in Elk Grove, California attending Monterey Trail High School[6][7][8][9] She began writing music at age 14. After high school, she went on to attend San Diego State University before transferring to the University of Southern California where she studied communications and business. After graduating, she began to focus on her rap career.[10][11][8]
Career

Saweetie began posting short raps on her Instagram account in 2016. One video featured her rapping over the beat from Khia's classic "My Neck, My Back (Lick It)", which would eventually turn into "Icy Grl".[6][8] She first released the song on her SoundCloud in the summer of 2017 and later released a music video for it in October of the same year.[12][8] The visual, which went viral on the Internet, would go on to accrue sixty-four million views on YouTube as of December 2018.[10][8]

To follow that up, Saweetie released in that same month a freestyle rap called "High Maintenance" accompanied by a short clip of herself rapping a verse to the song, all while chilling in her kitchen. It would go viral on Instagram and Twitter as well.[12][8] In October 2017, she released a video for her song, "Focus", which samples DRAM's "Gilligan".[13]

In January 2018, she was named Tidal's Artist of the Week[2] and one of Pigeons & Planes' Best New Artists of the Month.[14] During Super Bowl LII in February 2018, she was featured in an ad for Rihanna's cosmetic company, Fenty Beauty.[15] That month, she signed to Warner Bros. Records in partnership with Artistry Worldwide and her own label, Icy Records.[10][16][17]

I do a lot of covers but this is the first time I'm actually doing original content. I leave the studio and I come home wanting to listen to really myself.
— Saweetie for XXL in October 2017.[8]

Saweetie released her major label debut, High Maintenance, on March 16, 2018. It is composed of nine tracks and was produced by CashMoneyAP, Nyrell, and Saweetie's cousin, Zaytoven.[18][19][20] The single, "Icy Girl" was certified Gold in June 2018, for sales of 500,000 in the US.[21] "Icy Grl" quickly became well-known and thus Saweetie gained a lot of fame. Saweetie released her second major label EP, “Icy”, on March 29, 2019.
Personal life

Saweetie was reportedly dating actor Keith Powers around 2014 shortly before things ended between the two and moving onto Justin Combs. Saweetie was reported dating rapper colleague Quavo since mid-2018.[22]
Discography
Extended plays
List of extended plays, with selected details and chart positions Title Details Peak chart positions
US
R&B/HH
Sales
[23] US
Heat
[24]
High Maintenance

Released: March 16, 2018 (US)
Label: Icy, Artistry/Warner Bros.[10][16]
Formats: Digital download, streaming

32 20
Icy

Released: March 29, 2019[25]
Label: Icy, Artistry/Warner Bros.
Formats: Digital download, streaming

50 —
Singles
List of singles showing year released, chart positions and album name Title Year Peaks Certifications Album
US
Bub.
[26] US
Rhy.
[27]
"Icy Grl" 2017 6 16

RIAA: Gold[28]

High Maintenance
"Up Now"
(with London on da Track featuring G-Eazy and Rich the Kid) 2018 — 16 Non-album singles
"Pissed" — —
"My Type" 2019 4 24 Icy
Guest appearances
List of guest appearances as featured artist, with the respective artists and albums Title Year Other artist(s) Album
"Expensive"[29] 2017 Zaytoven Zaytown Sorority, Vol. 2
"IDGAF" (Remix)[30] 2018 Dua Lipa IDGAF (Remixes II)
"2002" (Remix)[31] Anne-Marie, Ms. Banks 2002 (Remix EP)
"I'm That Bitch"[32] David Guetta 7
"Give It to Em" Quavo Quavo Huncho
"Stupid Things" Four of Diamonds Non-album single
"Patience" RIRI NEO
"You Come First" Zak Abel Non-album singles
"Body" Glowie
"Yuso" 2019 Kid Ink, Lil Wayne Missed Calls
"Can't Do It" Loren Gray Non-album single
"I Can't Stop Me" Sabrina Carpenter Singular: Act II
"Too Much Shaft" Quavo Shaft
Music videos
List of music videos, with selected details Title Year Director(s)
"Icy Grl" 2017 Bana Bongolan & Soben Phy[33]
"Focus" Adam Small & Aramis Duran[34]
"Anti" 2018 Bana Bongolan & Soben Phy[35]
"B.A.N."
(Vertical Video) Stephen Garnett[36][37]
"Icy Grl (Bae Mix)"
(featuring Kehlani)
"B.A.N." Sasha Samsonova[38]
"Good Good" Bana Bongolan & Soben Phy[39]
"Up Now" (with London on da Track featuring G-Eazy and Rich the Kid) Mike Ho[40]
"Stupid Things" (Four of Diamonds featuring Saweetie) Unknown
"Pissed"
(Lyric video) Unknown
"Pissed" Christian Sutton
"You Come First" (Zak Abel featuring Saweetie) 2019 Roxana Baldovin
"Yuso" (Kid Ink featuring Lil Wayne and Saweetie) Mike Ho
"Emotional" (featuring Quavo) Christian Sesma
"My Type" (Claws Remix) Unknown[41]

Attachments

• saweetie-my-type-1280x720.jpg
    saweetie-my-type-1280x720.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 210