• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What's Going on at FreeOnes August Update

We've been pretty busy this summer! The other week we launched the FreeOnes Gold membership which gives all the perks of the previous memberships plus 500 credits instead of Silver's 250 and the choice of VOD to own instead of just a 48 hour rental.

We also added Premium links to FreeOnes. In babe sections, after their social media links, you'll see links to different clip sites, amazon, etc. Anyone who's logged in to the site can access these links. If you're logged out, you'll have to log in and if you don't have a membership yet you'll have to get one! Please feel free to suggest babe's ManyVids, Clips4Sale, Wishlists, etc and so on!

We fixed the thumbs up/down rating on links. Please go and indicate if you like them or not! ;-D

I now have a nice little WYSIWYG editor for the extra text in a babe's admin. So you'll start seeing facts with bullet points and links!

A BIG one, we had a huge spam attack that put something like 300k spam suggestions in the babe suggestion queue. We finally got rid of that and your babe bio suggestions are starting to be processed again. FINALLY. In the near future when we start improving the bio page, you'll not only be able to earn credits for your suggestions but will be able to suggest aliases, official site links and social media links. Oh, and we'll fix the metric vs. freedom unit issue.

Now looking to the future!

Now we're going to look forward to the future! Right now, this minute, we're working on making a place for the myFreeOnes photo galleries to live in our admin. Once we get the functionality in place, we'll sync the content from the old storage and database to the new.

Once the content is in the new system, we'll be able to allow you to start purchasing it with credits immediately. This also will activate our final Premium Plan - Platinum. Platinum members will be able to access ALL premium content as long as their subscriptions are active! But you guys don't really care about that You want to know about what you bought in the past.

So the creation of the premium content in the admin and import of content is on the books for this week and next week. In weeks 38 & 39 we're going to work on getting your transaction histories connected with your accounts and reconnected with your old purchased content.

Adding new perks to the different Premium Memberships

Also, now that we have all of the big stuff done for memberships, we're going to be able to start adding new perks. So stay tuned! There's some goodies coming up!

Adding things you can spend your credits on

Right now you can use your credits to download the FreeOnes photos sets and videos if you're not a Premium Member (all premium members can download for free). The next thing you'll be able to spend your credits on is the FreeOnes Premium Content if you're not a Platinum member.

After that I have being able to purchase a bronze membership with credits and potentially VODs.

Then we'll be looking at setting up the content store again where models and producers can upload their content for purchase. This will probably be a mix of purchasing with credits and/or real money depending on the content creator.

Focusing on OCSMs

The past few years we haven't done much with OCSMs. We know that this was a special feature of FreeOnes and we're getting ready to start getting the OCSM and ACO partnerships going again. This is what we've been talking about so far (no hard plans yet):

- allow models to take over their babe sections and ACOs to take over their channels
- allow models to update their avatar
- allow models to submit photos/videos/links to their sections
- allow users to donate credits to ANY babe section. Then the models can sign up to get verified and cash out those credits!
- add conversation mode to comments on the website so it's easier for models to talk to users
- allow models to join the Premium Member section here on the board

There's lots more but we've got to start working on the infrastructure! We'll probably be able to start getting to some of it at the end of this year, but the bulk will be introduced in Q1 and Q2 of next year!

Whew, that's a lot! Cheers!

Automate

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
Welcome to having OCSMs deny in their babe profiles now that they have fake tits or asses when they actually do. Welcome to profiles being locked and blocked from editing completely when a OCSM leaves the site permanently for any reason. Whatever was entered on the profile last then stays there, accurate or not (the latter being the problem). If not, additional workload for anyone actually wanting to update info on a profile that's gone stale. Welcome to the old "send mail to webmaster" prompts in those cases, then having your edits denied after a couple of days / weeks / months of waiting for some delirious and excessively obscure, inconsistent reasons. Welcome to having even more hurdles to jump through when adding links to a profile in general.

Welcome to some cases of OCSMs deleting all info and possibly all links on their profiles for any reason. Maybe the reason would be that "there's too much free stuff here, get rid of it so that they'll pay more for my paid content". Welcome to the only links on babe profiles being twatter, onlyfucks, nazigram, shitfacebook and whatever else antisocial networking shit exists, no free galleries anymore. Is this change to appease for those camsite and onlyfucks models who don't have anything else to begin with, since they keep all control of their content to themselves anyway and have very little in terms of free galleries? If so, what exactly would be the point?

Hmmm. What else can I find that will backfire as a result of this? These are the kinds of things you might have to have some oversight on following this change. I doubt your willingness to do that. That's exactly why you give control away to the models themselves.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
Welcome to having OCSMs deny in their babe profiles now that they have fake tits or asses when they actually do. Welcome to profiles being locked and blocked from editing completely when a OCSM leaves the site permanently for any reason. Whatever was entered on the profile last then stays there, accurate or not (the latter being the problem). If not, additional workload for anyone actually wanting to update info on a profile that's gone stale. Welcome to the old "send mail to webmaster" prompts in those cases, then having your edits denied after a couple of days / weeks / months of waiting for some delirious and excessively obscure, inconsistent reasons. Welcome to having even more hurdles to jump through when adding links to a profile in general.

Welcome to some cases of OCSMs deleting all info and possibly all links on their profiles for any reason. Maybe the reason would be that "there's too much free stuff here, get rid of it so that they'll pay more for my paid content". Welcome to the only links on babe profiles being twatter, onlyfucks, nazigram, shitfacebook and whatever else antisocial networking shit exists, no free galleries anymore. Is this change to appease for those camsite and onlyfucks models who don't have anything else to begin with, since they keep all control of their content to themselves anyway and have very little in terms of free galleries? If so, what exactly would be the point?

Hmmm. What else can I find that will backfire as a result of this? These are the kinds of things you might have to have some oversight on following this change. I doubt your willingness to do that. That's exactly why you give control away to the models themselves.
Tell us how you really feel!

Right now this is in the discussion and brain storming phase. I just wrote up some technical tickets yesterday with base requirements to allow an OCSM to "claim" her account and get verified.

What a model has control over will be limited so there won't be any great wiping of information or deletion of all the content. They'll be able to add or update their avatar, manage social media links, add and edit their bio information, write their bios if there isn't already a custom bio in place and add links. Once that's implemented we'll allow them to upload their own photo/video/gif content for purchase or promo. They will only be able to edit and delete the links and content THEY actually upload or submit, nobody else's.

As far as the bio info, every change has to be approved by someone behind the scenes. The same will happen with any changes the models make.

There will be incentives to get them to post on the forum, in the comments on their profile and in their content as well as make news posts.

I don't think it will be as terrible as you think it is.

Automate

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
Far too often my pessimism has proven to be realism in many other contexts. You can be sure I will be the one to tell you extremely loudly "I fucking told you so, right in the beginning" if those concerns turn out to be true (and if I can be bothered). This is a preemptive strike.

For example, your main site design is still outright completely hostile and broken by design as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't help how much you ask me "what do we need to improve it then", because this great big retarded chase in rimming the mobile mongreloids is at the root of the problem. I do not want zooming or resizing the window to fucking vomit page elements all over the place, inconsistently make a video smaller or larger as I zoom in as text elements get smaller and the sidebar jumps around from the collapsed to the un-collapsed state, but that's not going to change. Then there's the Boötes void's worth of empty space and margins and padding every-fucking-where so that you would do everything to avoid angering the touchscreen users, while you enforce a diarrhea bath of a layout to those with actual monitors.

It's the fucking "responsive design" as in enforcing everything on the screen to fit the width of the browser window. That's not going to change and neither will my hostility towards this fad. It's once again something I'm going to have to try to fix myself with a user script or a user style, if that's even possible. If there's javascript based code or something else that enforces that, I'm probably shit out of luck and jolly well fucked. If it's done in CSS as it should be, then I'm going to have to hunt down every single last CSS element dealing with that, put in selectors for them and destroy the non-uniform zoom that way. I expect this to be an extremely tedious task. I'm not a CSS expert. I have neither infinite time nor infinite patience to do this.

Also, I saw aggravating video artifacts glitches in pretty much all videos that have come from the Scoreland channel. Don't know if that happens to anybody else, haven't tested enough to see if it's browser-related or what. Everything else works in terms of videos, so I have strong doubts those are just broken.

I really should put "In before anything, including any meta of this statement. Heard, read and saw it a billion times before already" in my signature, huh. :brick:

"Nobody else has had these problems with the new site."
"We've seen a consistent increase in traffic, so everything is good."
"Analytics says most users are from mobile devices."
"This guy. This fucking guy. I just thoroughly hate him."

How great would it be if I could get explosive orgasms from aggravation and pessimism. You would never hear from me again. I would just be stuck in an infinite state of irritated jizz-bliss.