• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryna_Sabalenka

Aryna Siarhiejeŭna Sabalenka (Belarusian: Арына Сяргееўна Сабаленка; Russian: Арина Сергеевна Соболенко, Arina Sergeyevna Sobolenko, born 5 May 1998) is a Belarusian professional tennis player. She has been ranked as high as world No. 2 in singles and world No. 1 in doubles by the Women's Tennis Association (WTA). Sabalenka has won two Grand Slam doubles titles, the 2019 US Open and the 2021 Australian Open, alongside Elise Mertens. She has won sixteen WTA titles in total, ten in singles and six in doubles.

Early life and background​

Sabalenka was born on 5 May 1998 in Minsk, the capital of Belarus. Her father Sergey (d. 2019) was a hockey player. Aryna started playing tennis by chance. She said, "One day, my dad was just driving me somewhere in the car, and on the way he saw tennis courts. So he took me to the courts. I really liked it and enjoyed it and that's how it was. That's how it started." She began training at the National Tennis Academy in Minsk when it opened in 2014.[2][3][4]

In 2015, the Belarusian Tennis Federation persuaded Sabalenka and her team to focus on playing low-level professional events instead of junior tournaments, even though she was still eligible to compete at the junior level at the time.[5]

Personal life​

Sabalenka has a tiger tattoo on her left arm. This tattoo has earned her the nickname "The Tiger", which she has used to refer to herself.[106][107][108] Sabalenka has studied at the Belarusian State University in a sports-related program.[3] Her tennis idols growing up were Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.[101]

Aryna Sabalenka
Sabalenka WM18 (3) (30063199288).jpg
Sabalenka at the 2018 Wimbledon Championships
Native nameАрына Сабаленка
Country (sports)
23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png
Belarus
ResidenceMinsk, Belarus
Born5 May 1998 (age 23)[1]
Minsk, Belarus
Height1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)
Turned pro2015