• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

36 Votes

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_Karkanis
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1920701?ref_=nmls_hd
http://ethnicelebs.com/athena-karkanis
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Artist/Athena-Karkanis-219038331567975/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_(TV_series)

Life and career

Karkanis was born in Alberta[1] and raised in Toronto.[2] She is of Greek and Egyptian descent,[2][3] and attended McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. She was planning on attending law school, but abandoned that path to pursue her passion for acting.[2] In 2005, she made her screen debut in the episode of 1-800-Missing and later had a number of guest-starring, recurring and regular roles on Canadian television shows. She also had regular voice roles in Skyland, MetaJets, Wild Kratts, and Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.

Karkanis co-starred in several horror films, including Saw IV (2007), Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008), Saw VI (2009), Survival of the Dead (2009), and The Barrens (2012). She also appeared in direct-to-video action films The Art of War II: Betrayal (2008), and Sacrifice (2011). On television, she was a regular cast member in the first season of Canadian teen drama The Best Years in 2007, in The Border from 2008 to 2010, and in the short-lived comedy series Almost Heroes in 2011. She also had a recurring role in Lost Girl from 2011 to 2012.

Karkanis starred in the AMC drama series Low Winter Sun in 2013. In 2014, she was cast as a series regular in the Lifetime post-apocalyptic drama series, The Lottery.[4] In 2015, she began playing the role of Octavia Muss on The Expanse. In 2018, Karkanis started playing Grace Stone on the NBC TV series Manifest.

Athena Karkanis
Born 1981 (age 36–37)
Alberta, Canada
Occupation Actress, voice actress
Years active 1996–present

Born: 1981 (age 37 years), Alberta
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 1.7 m
Education: McGill University
Movies: Saw IV, George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead, Saw VI, MORE

Birth Name: Athena Irene Karkanis

Place of Birth: Alberta, Canada

Date of Birth: c. 1982

Ethnicity: Greek, Egyptian

Athena Karkanis is a Canadian actress. Athena was raised in Toronto, Ontario.

Athena’s surname is of Greek origin. She has also said that she has Egyptian ancestry.

Athena Karkanis, who plays Dani Khalil on AMC’s Low Winter Sun, talks about the quality she shares with her character and her love for Detroit.

Q: Dani is a tough lady. Is that something you look for in roles?

A: Not necessarily, no. It’s an interesting part because of how she plays into the whole fabric of the story. In terms of it being Detroit and her being Arab-American — it’s just an interesting time, given the post-9/11 climate. She’s a very non-stereotypical character, which I found was refreshing. It was nice that it’s sort of like, “Oh look, they’re not just terrorists, they’re actually Americans like you and me.” Well, I’m Canadian, so not really me, but…

Q: In Episode 2, there’s a great scene when Dani speaks in Arabic to the corner store owner. Was that difficult to prepare for?

A: The little trick under my belt is that I speak a bunch of languages, and Arabic is one of them. I also speak French, Italian, Spanish, German –- only so so -– and, of course, English. Everyone in my family is quite multilingual. We traveled a bit growing up. I went to French schools. I actually spent some time in Egypt and learned it there, most recently in December 2011, about a year after the revolution. I rented a flat in Cairo and spent about a month there. The thing about Arabic is that from country to country, the dialect and the accent are very different. I don’t know how many viewers will pick up on it, but the accent and dialect that I was doing was Egyptian, because that’s what I thought my character was. And that happens to be the kind of Arabic that I speak. I’m a bit of a Heinz 57. But I’m partially Egyptian.

Q: You’ve played characters from many different cultural backgrounds. Is that something you enjoy?

A: Yeah, that’s pretty much been the bulk of my career. There was a joke among my friends, every time I got a job, they’d be like, “Oh what accent are you talking in this time?” Because I never played just a normal American girl. I really like to use my language skills.

Q: Dani is referred to as a Chaldean. How much did you learn about this part of Detroit culture?

A: A Chaldean must be Iraqi and must be Catholic, and my character is neither. In one of the episodes they were referring to my character as Chaldean and I was like, “Wait a minute, I thought she was Egyptian!” In the Pilot, there’s a scene where they kind of make a reference to her being a Muslim, too. So I went to one of the writers and he was like, “No, no, it’s just a thing. Everyone is Chaldean, even if you’re not Chaldean.” In Detroit, because there are so many Arabs across the board, they’re all called Chaldeans. There’s a huge Middle Eastern population in Dearborn. And in Hamtramck, which is kind of interesting because it’s traditionally a Polish neighborhood where there are old Polish churches, and then you’ll hear the Muslim call to prayer ringing out. I did go and check out those areas — mostly for the food!

VIDEO: Inside Episode 103, “No Rounds”

Q: Did you enjoy filming in Detroit?

A: I really loved Detroit. Not to sugarcoat it, because it’s definitely worse for wear, but it’s such an interesting place. You can look in one direction in Detroit and see these hipster coffee shops and restaurants popping up everywhere, and all this cool urban farming happening. But then you look at it from another direction, and the streetlights don’t work and there’s many abandoned buildings and the corruption runs so deep, and now there’s the Chapter IX bankruptcy filing. I used to shop at Eastern Market, and some of the stalls there will say “Grown in Detroit,” in some of the abandoned lots. And I would run along Belle Isle a lot. There was a whole thing about how the beavers were extinct in Detroit for a really long time, and suddenly the beavers are back. I saw a bunch of them.

Q: Dani seems like an intrepid detective. Do you have any skills like that or do you tend to take things at face value?

A: Yeah, actually I am like that. One of the driving qualities of Dani is that she has a strong sense of justice. And I share that quality with her. When something is unfair, I really feel it. So I can definitely relate to her there. She is a bit like a pitbull, she won’t let go. I’m a bit like that too.

Attachments

• MTO-009438-Athena-Karkanis-1-400x514.jpg
    MTO-009438-Athena-Karkanis-1-400x514.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 563
  • 40976477_318375378718020_4113410426495669581_n.jpg
    40976477_318375378718020_4113410426495669581_n.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Drg-ArCVYAE64ut.jpg
    Drg-ArCVYAE64ut.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 397

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://www.instagram.com/athenakarkanis/?hl=en
https://www.amc.com/shows/low-winter-sun/talk/2013/08/qa-athena-karkanis-dani-khalil
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls000371590/

Athena Karkanis Biography
Updated On Sep 17, 2018 Published On Sep 16, 2018

Athena Karkanis

Timeline of Athena Karkanis
1981 Born in Alberta, Canada
2005 Debut in 1-800-Missing
2007 Appeared in Saw IV
2007 Worked as a regular cast for The Best Years
2018 Net worth is Unknown
2018 Cast as main character in TV series Manifest
Facts of Athena Karkanis Date of Birth: 1981
Birth Nation: Canada
Height: 5 feet 5 inch
Name Athena Karkanis
View more Facts of Athena Karkanis
You Might Also Like
Ree Drummond Tearfully Says Goodbye
Ree Drummond Tearfully Says Goodbye
MD: Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch)
MD: Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch)
Judge Judy Confirms The Latest Rumors Are True
Judge Judy Confirms The Latest Rumors Are True
Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
?

Athena Karkanis is a Canadian actress and a voice-over actress, who is renown for portraying the role of Agent Perez in the thriller movie Saw IV and Saw VI.

Athena Karkanis was born in the city of Alberta, Canada in the year 1982. Further, the details about her date of birth is unavailable, but her nationality is Canadian while, her ethnicity is mixed comprising of Egyptian-Greek descent.

Athena graduated from McGill University situated in Montreal and has a bachelor's degree in political science. Although she had plans of pursuing a career in law and judiciary, she abandoned it for following an acting career. She has also attended Square Theatre School of New York.

She started her early career as a voice-over artist, lending her voice to several characters in the Canadian animated series Stickin' Around. She then made her screen debut in the year 2005, when she appeared for an episode of 1-800-Missing alongside actor Dean McDermott.

Athena Karkanis has lent her voice in many television shows like Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, MetaJets, Wild Kratts, and Skyland.

She has also acted in several television shows and even worked as a regular cast for the first season of The Best Years, a Canadian teen drama. Her others work in television sitcoms including The Border, Almost Heroes, Lost Girl, Low Winter Sun, The Lottery, and The Expanse featuring Steven Strait.

Apart from television shows, she has also acted in minor and major roles in films and movies. Some of her most notable works can be found in films namely Survival of the Dead, The Art of War II: Betrayal, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Sacrifice starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and many more. by far her most noteworthy role has been for the horror movie series Saw, appearing in Saw IV and Saw VI.

While as of 2018, she is appearing as leading character Grace Stone in TV series Manifest alongside actors Luna Blaise, Melissa Roxburgh, Josh Dallas, and many others.

Athena Karkanis is currently unmarried but she is said to be in a relationship with a Canadian journalist. Despite being a Hollywood actress, she has still been successful enough to lead a low life, away from the eyes of the camera.

She has a height of 5 feet and 5 inches, weighing about almost 57 kgs. Apart from that, her body measurements are quite unknown.

Athena Karkanis' net worth is still unknown, but it has been assumed that she has received more than $90k from the films and animated series that she has worked for. The regular cast for the TV series the expanse have earned more than $300k, which might also mean that she received the same amount.
Athena Karkanis
Athena Karkanis facts on timeline
Born in Alberta, Canada

Athena Karkanis was born in the year 1981 in Alberta, Canada. The name of her parents are still unknown.

Debut in 1-800-Missing

Athena Karkanis, made her acting debut in the year 2005 when she appeared for an episode of the 1-800-Missing.

Appeared in Saw IV

Athena Karkanis appeared for the horror movie Saw IV in the year 2007 as Agent Perez. She later reprised the role in Saw VI in 2009.

Worked as a regular cast for The Best Years

In 2007 she got an opportunity to work as a regular cast for the Canadian drama series The Best Years and remained there for almost a year.

Net worth is Unknown

Athena's exact net worth is still unknown, but it has been assumed that she has received more than $90k from the films and animated series that she has worked for. The regular cast for the tv series the expanse have earned more than $300k, which might also mean that she received the same.

Cast as main character in TV series Manifest

As of 2018, Athena Karkanis is portraying the role of lead character Grace Stone in TV series Manifest.

Attachments

• MV5BNDUyMTMyOTQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgyNjk1MQ@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNDUyMTMyOTQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgyNjk1MQ@@._V1_.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 325
  • athena-karkanis.jpg
    athena-karkanis.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 298
  • kinopoisk.ru-Athena-Karkanis-686663.jpg
    kinopoisk.ru-Athena-Karkanis-686663.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 275

DuanCulo

Staff member

Attachments

• MV5BMTc2Nzc0MzcwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgzNTk3Mg@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMTc2Nzc0MzcwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgzNTk3Mg@@._V1_.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 289
  • MV5BMjI3MDUxNDEwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc5MjM1Nw@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMjI3MDUxNDEwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc5MjM1Nw@@._V1_.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 328
  • MV5BMTM5Nzg0MDEyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIxNzY5OQ@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMTM5Nzg0MDEyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIxNzY5OQ@@._V1_.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 378

DuanCulo

Staff member

Attachments

• Athena-Karkanis-300x400.jpg
    Athena-Karkanis-300x400.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Athena+Karkanis+Low+Winter+Sun+Premieres+Hollywood+gin9SFK9_GGl.jpg
    Athena+Karkanis+Low+Winter+Sun+Premieres+Hollywood+gin9SFK9_GGl.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Athena-Karkanis-Bio-Net-worth-Career-Body-measurement-boyfriend-Affair-Married.jpg
    Athena-Karkanis-Bio-Net-worth-Career-Body-measurement-boyfriend-Affair-Married.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 302

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member

Attachments

• FB2F6AE7-54CA-4CCE-A592-B6FAB4FFCF1D.jpg
    FB2F6AE7-54CA-4CCE-A592-B6FAB4FFCF1D.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 2695704359_93edc044e8_z.jpg
    2695704359_93edc044e8_z.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 248