• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

BREXIT ~ British Exit Referendum on the 23rd of June

Luxman

#TRE45ON
A lot has happened since last Friday morning. Chaos in Britain since the vote. Conservatives and Labour rocked by conflict within. Markets witnessing billions been wiped off share values. The other European Union governments wanting Britain to just lodge the Article 50 and start exit talks immediately. I say it is time to hit the Pause button. This is the first time a member state has voted by referendum to leave the EU.
The will of the people is supreme.
Besides nothing can now be done until a new prime minister steps into Downing Street as David Cameron departs. So why the rush to send the Article 50 letter? I notice the EU have been talking to Turkey something about budget contributions to the bloc?
Looks like Brussels is anxious to advance accession talks

Luxman

#TRE45ON
And yet. In the Aftermath of the British Referendum result and what has happened since , the people's choice been supreme . Critics of the European Union saying that there is a democratic deficit at the heart of the EU because the EU bureaucrats always miss a heartbeat when a president or prime minister of a member state says "Sorry lads I can not give approval to this measure without asking the people in my country first" , it is fair to say there are no conflicts in Europe on the scale of what took place before the Common Market was founded.
I say that because today the First of July 2016 marks the 100th Anniversary of one of History's most vicious battles, The Somme . The death and ruin of a generation . Men who is some cases never saw a battlefield in their lives were suddenly flung onto the field of destruction.
We can argue about the rights and wrongs of the EU of which there are many , but what those young men would have given to have a version of the EU back in 1916. At least we can agree and disagree, but those brave souls can not

Economics aside, I'm for democracy.

Looking at social media I've learned quite a bit. There are many more constitutional scholars and Economic experts than I would have imagined. There are some economic models and decision processes within the EU that I have not seen fully explained, but I'm in the minority it would seem.

I wasn't so quick to condemn the UK for their vote to exit. I suspect it will not be a quick exit since there are obligations they still have. Also, not being a UK constitutional SME, I'm not sure what the appeal process is.

I haven't jumped on the Xenophobe bandwagon. I first thought of it as democracy in action.

Brexit: Theresa May says talks won't start in 2016

Theresa May has said the UK will not begin official negotiations on leaving the EU this year as she held talks with Germany's Angela Merkel.

Speaking in Berlin, the UK PM said securing a "sensible and orderly departure" from the EU would take time. But she insisted the UK would not "walk away" from Europe and wanted to retain the "closest economic links".

Mrs Merkel said the two sides desired to get the "best result for Britain" but urged more clarity on timing.

Earlier, a military guard of honour greeted Mrs May, who succeeded David Cameron a week ago.

At a joint press conference, Mrs May said the UK was in no rush to trigger the two year process of leaving the EU - telling reporters that although "this would not please everyone" it was right to hold off until the UK's "objectives were clear".

'Special friend'

The process of preparing the UK for Brexit would require "serious and detailed work" but, irrespective of this, she said the UK was determined to maintain strong trading, economic and security links with Germany, which she described as "a vital partner and special friend". "Of course, the nature of our relationship is going to change as the UK leaves the EU, but we both want to maintain the closest possible economic relationship between our countries and I believe that is what German and British businesses want too," she said. "So it's good that we start from such a strong foundation and a position where both our countries believe in liberal markets and free trade and these should be the principles that guide us in the discussions ahead."
Asked how they had got on at their first meeting, in which Mrs May said they were two women and leaders who want to "get on with the job and deliver the best possible results for the people of the UK and Germany".

Mrs Merkel said she did not expect there to be any formal negotiations at this stage and it was "understandable" the UK needed a period of time to prepare. But she said there was a need for a "certain timeline" with regard to Britain's exit and hoped the UK would begin to "define its principles" with regard to the process of activating Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, the official, legal mechanism for leaving. "We have to listen to what Britain wants and find what the right answer is," she said. "Britain does not want an impasse, Germany does not want an impasse and the EU does not want an impasse".

'Balance of power'

The German chancellor said the two countries had "similar convictions and values" and she was determined to proceed in the "spirit of unity and friendship" that characterised Anglo-German relations. But she said it was clear that Germany would hold the "balance of power" in the negotiations to come and although Mrs Merkel did want to make the UK's departure work, the UK's "leverage had really faded" following the decision to leave.
The two leaders will have a working dinner on Wednesday before Mrs May has talks with France's Francois Hollande on Thursday.

Ahead of the visit - Mrs May's first overseas trip as prime minister - Downing Street announced the UK was to relinquish its upcoming six-month presidency of the Council of the EU.

EU presidency

The UK had been scheduled to take up the presidency of the Council of the EU - which rotates on a six-monthly basis between the 28 EU countries, giving each the opportunity to shape the agenda - in the second half of 2017. But Mrs May has decided that Britain should skip its turn in the light of the Brexit vote in June's referendum. Mrs May told European Council President Donald Tusk - in her first conversation with him as PM - it was "the right thing to do given we will be very busy with negotiations to leave the EU", a Downing Street spokesman said.

While the German and French leaders have said the UK's vote to leave must be respected, both are facing re-election next year and under domestic political pressure to drive a hard bargain. They have suggested no special exceptions can be made for Britain in terms of continued access to the EU's single market if, as Mrs May has insisted, the UK seeks controls on freedom of movement rules.
Mrs Merkel was a strong ally in David Cameron's unsuccessful bid to renegotiate the UK's membership as part of his goal of remaining in a "reformed Europe", although French support for the former PM's effort to secure a special status for the UK in the EU was more lukewarm.

The first time that Mrs May will face all 27 other EU leaders at the same time will be at October's European Council meeting.

The BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg said it was hard to believe that it was the first time that the two women had properly met as they seemed immediately at ease in each other's company and determined to build a personal relationship based on mutual trust.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36841066

I'm starting to think that Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson (the two main leaders of the "Leave" campaign, who have both refused to take office as PM) would do a better jon. But the truth is the establishment par of the Tories (aka the Conservatives) don't want to leave and are now forced to still do it so they try to buy the most time possible and to stay as close to the EU as possible, so that leaving the EU would mean almost nothing, would change almost nothing.

This is a clear display of disrespect for the people who voted "Leave".

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Fistfights now? These people are even fighting each other, literally.

UKIP at 'breaking point' after Strasbourg assembly brawl

The UK Independence Party (UKIP), which played a key role in securing Britain's vote to leave the European Union, was at "breaking point" on Friday with the main contender to be its new leader in hospital after a scuffle with a colleague.

Steven Woolfe suffered seizures and needed brain scans after he collapsed following a "physical" confrontation at a heated meeting of UKIP's European Parliament members (MEPs) in Strasbourg to discuss the party's future.

"People have worked too long and too hard to get UKIP to where it is today, but it is clear that we ourselves, are at breaking point," said businessman Arron Banks, the populist party's most prominent donor.

The anti-EU UKIP, which is no stranger to infighting, has become a political force in Britain in recent years, riding on a surge of euroscepticism and concerns about immigration.

It has 22 MEPs, two more than either Prime Minister Theresa May's ruling Conservatives or the main Labour opposition, and took almost four million votes in the 2015 national election.

However, since it achieved its main goal helping force June's referendum and securing Brexit, its hopes of becoming the main opposition by winning over Labour supporters from its northern English heartlands where support for leaving the EU was strong have been severely dented by internal divisions.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ukip-idUKKCN1271AJ

Looking on it soon after the fact, it is amazing how fast some the buyer's remorse has set in for this issue. It makes me wonder for the people pushing for the Brexit if they ever had any actual plans for what would happen after they won.

Looking on it soon after the fact, it is amazing how fast some the buyer's remorse has set in for this issue. It makes me wonder for the people pushing for the Brexit if they ever had any actual plans for what would happen after they won.

The imminent cultural and physical annihilation by mooslums didn't allow much time for that.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Five years later... maybe the UK should rejoin the EU.

Why The United Kingdom Is In A Big Mess (Jan 5, 2022)

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
This will dwarf covid, and it's far more deadly, w Stephen Fry. - US corporations buy the NHS - Dec 19, 2021

Luxman

#TRE45ON
FAaSMOsVQAALf40.jpg