• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Canada isn't looking too hot these days...

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Well, maybe the problem right now is that Canada is Too Hot...
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-air-quality-canadian-wildfires-06-07-23/index.html

In all seriousness, it's crazy that literally every province in Canada is experiencing major wildfires out of control, and most (if not all) urban centers are under air quality advisories. And if it's bad enough that the smoke waffing into the US is enough to trigger warnings, just imagine how bad it is up there.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
3d5c7gelpnf7gtkh.jpg

Mr. Daystar

But don't forget, we did have that Freedom Convoy that even MAGA'ers couldn't match.
So what caused all this? Please don't tell me it was a douche bag flicking a lit cigarette out of a car window.

Concrete Cock

I Ate Your Baby
Lux's amazing technicolor dreamboat full of memes got so out of control it became a fire hazard. His fault entirely. 100%.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Thanks! (not really) .... *cough, cough* ... for poisoning our weather with those fires in Nova Scotia. Air quality has improved since last Thursday.

Last edited:

tvstrip

Thanks! (not really) .... *cough, cough* ... for poisoning our weather with those fires in Nova Scotia. Air quality has improved since last Thursday.
It helps that's there's been a lot of rain since yesterday.

Look at it this way, if we know that forest fire smoke can make it down there, that means you can also get a free contact high from all of our pot smoke too.

Mr. Daystar

tvstrip

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-15-die-truck-hits-230133872.html

This is pretty awful, somebody might just be in a mess of trouble. I hope there is some follow up story. Strip, if you should come across anything local wise, I would appreciate if you can post it.

It's the top story in the country, so you can bet I'll have something.
It's only been 5 years since the 2018 bus crash which happened in the province right beside it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humboldt_Broncos_bus_crash

You have trucking experience, right? I'm sure you have some views to share on that.

Mr. Daystar

It's the top story in the country, so you can bet I'll have something.
It's only been 5 years since the 2018 bus crash which happened in the province right beside it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humboldt_Broncos_bus_crash

You have trucking experience, right? I'm sure you have some views to share on that.
As far as the new story, not yet, they didn't release any details. As far as the story you posted, about the hockey team, I was surprised to see how much time the driver got. I don't think it was harsh, he killed a lot of innocent young people, and was obviously at fault. As far as the current one, if your country is hurting as bad as mine, for good drivers, I would say inexperienced, and or fatigue. I'm sure he will be drug tested, so we have to wait and see, Any way you look at it, I'm sure he and the bus drive both are sick over this. No one wants to kill....unless they're sociopath.

tvstrip

Semi involved in southwestern Manitoba collision with bus had right of way, RCMP say
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/shared-health-update-carberry-mass-casualty-event-1.6879117

intersection-where-carberry-manitoba-fatal-crash-occurred.jpg

So unlike the hockey crash, they seem to be hinting that the bus was at fault. Or at least, the truck had the right of way. They also have dashcam footage, so there should be no question as to what happened.

Both drivers have survived, so it will be interesting to see if there will be criminal charges (likely against the bus driver).

As for the hockey crash, I've softened my stance on the truck driver. He was totally at fault, but it seemed like his employer shares the blame for sending him out there with little training. And I could imagine the mental anguish he must have gone through - and the absolute shitstorm he would face if deported to India.

Mr. Daystar

I look at that picture, and it just brings up more questions. For instance, taking into consideration where the burn marks are, if the buss was coming down that ramp and in the area behind the white car shown, did he just keep going left, and cut off the semi? He had no reason to move farther over, he has a whole lane. Plus a whole other bunch of questions regarding what's NOT in that picture. I'm not even sure where the wreck started and ended. I'm going to have to reread that article a couple more times.

tvstrip

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bus-crash-seniors-manitoba-carberry-1.6879773
This might make more sense:

carberry-manitoba-crash-graphic-visualization.jpg

Seems pretty cut & dry. There were stop signs (1 you can even see knocked down in the photo), and Hwy1 is literally the largest highway in the country and obviously has the right of way. If a bus got T-boned like that, I can't possibly see how the truck would have been at fault.

That link also has pics of the crash site - including the burnt out husk of the bus. Not posting in the thread as it's a little disturbing.

DrakeM

UFOs are real, the Air Force doesn't exist
Worst wildfire season in Canadian history and it's still June. Can't tell me global warming isn't real.

tvstrip

It's sort of a good thing that it's hitting that Montreal/Toronto/NY vertical the hardest. It makes the majority of the population take notice & interest, and no longer possible to brush off as a "rural area" issue.

tvstrip

tvstrip

"I would have made like Trudeau and split"
You know you've made it big when shade is thrown at you in a wrestling promo