• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Celebrity and Adult Performer Death Thread

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
It is confirmed. Kim Simmonds from Savoy Brown did pass away. December 13, 2022.

Chris Youlden singing ....

He joins "Lonesome" Dave Peverett, Martin Stone, Ray Chappell, Paul Raymond, Rivers Jobe and Bob Brunning up there. + + + All rest in peace.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Wow, that's a band I haven't heard mentioned in a long time. I wasn't a huge fan, but they had some good tunes, and a buddy of mine was really into them. That's a long list of people there, is that the whole band?

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Wow, that's a band I haven't heard mentioned in a long time. I wasn't a huge fan, but they had some good tunes, and a buddy of mine was really into them. That's a long list of people there, is that the whole band?
Kim Simmonds, the leader, was always the lead guitarist. Dave Peverett replaced Martin Stone. They were the rhythm guitarists. Peverett did play trumpet and some piano too. Ray Chappell, Rivers Jobe and Bob Brunning were all bass guitarists during different times. Paul Raymond was a keyboardist (piano and organ). Leo Manning, Hughie Flint, Bill Bruford, and Roger Earl, all still alive, were the drummers in the band at different times. Bob Hall was the pianist for most of the time. He was before Raymond. Tony "Tone" Stevens was the bass player after Brunning. Brice Portius, Chris Youlden, and Peverett were the lead vocalists. Youlden also played piano. Dave Walker (lead vocals), Andy Silvester (bass) and Dave Bidwell (drums) all ex-Chicken Shack, were later members of the Savoy Brown Blues Band.

In pictures of the band, Chris was dressed in a black coat, a top hat and smoked cigars. Look at the cover of A Step Further, "Waiting In the Bamboo Grove" (instrumental)

Dave Peverett, Roger Earl and Tony Stevens later were joined by Rod Price (rest in peace) and were the founding members of Foghat. Known for Fool For the City, "Slow Ride" and "I Just Want to Make Love to You"

That's drummer Roger Earl sitting on that soapbox by the open NYC manhole doing some fishing. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Thanks for all of that John. So did Foghat come from Savoy Brown? I've never been a Foghat fan for some reason, even though you always hear them a lot on the radio on Fri. and Sat., or party time. They have that sort of "WHOO HOO, LETS PARTY" vibe.

Most people would have told me to "google it noob".

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/toby-keith-dead-62-following-105120455.html

Toby Keith passed on after battling stomach cancer for a couple of years. I'm not a fan of country music, but he was a big enough name for me to know who he was. I hope he's at peace now, I just had a very long time friend die of stomach cancer 3 weeks ago, he also was 62. The thing that bothers me the most is, you know they can cure cancer, but there isn't any money in that. Of course I suppose if we knew half of what they really could do, the country would implode.

Rest in peace Mr. Keith.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

https://www.myarklamiss.com/enterta...-of-popular-stage-duo-steve-eydie-dies-at-88/

Steve Lawrence has passed away at the age of 88. If you're old, and ever watch Carol Burnett as a child, you saw him numerous times. He was married to his singing partner, Eydie Gorme. He didn't really sing my kind of music, but he had a good voice, and was pretty funny. He joins his wife who died in 2013.

Rest In Peace Mr. Lawrence.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
r-i-p-akira-toriyama-v0-b577rxhvd1nc1.jpeg

Toriyama Akira, the creator of Dragon Ball, among other anime and video games passed away March 1. His influence on anime and Japanese pop culture can't be understated - a true genius and trailblazer.

Mr. Daystar

I think he was from the Cleveland area.

Mr. Daystar

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
1. Peter Frampton on Frampton Comes Alive

2. Neil Young used his invention on his album 1983's Trans.

3. Joe Walsh on "Rocky Mountain Way"

4. Steven Tyler and Aerosmith "Sweet Emotion" - at the beginning ...

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

It said in the article that he was a big part of how live sound at rock shows was done. I wonder if he's the guy that invented putting up a wall of fake Marshall amp cabinets, so the diehards think their favorite metal guitarist is using 20 amps, when in reality he's only using a couple, and usually one at a time on top of it.