• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Charlie Watts has passed

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Last edited:
RIP Charlie Watts. Great drummer. I saw The Stones play at The Rose Bowl once and they were incredible live on that huge stage.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
In the late 70s, did we ever think a Rolling Stone would make it 80?

Mr. Daystar

Who would have thought, that heroin was a preservative?

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The stories:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/charlie-watts-rolling-stones-ringo-starr-11629850410

https://wror.com/2021/08/24/paul-mccartney-ringo-starr-pay-tribute-to-charlie-watts/

His playing:

It speaks for itself. People say that he was great. But to me, in my opinion, he was all that plus being such an outstanding drummer and percussionist because Bill Wyman was such a terrible bass player. You could never hear Bill's bass playing on any of the recordings. -- I'd put on the headphones and say, "Is he plugged in? I can't hear him." -- Bill was horrible. Certainly not in the same class as his contemporaries such as John Entwistle, Jack Bruce, or Paul McCartney for that matter. Mr. Watts ** had to be keen and at the top of his game because he had to overcome Bill's inadequacies.

** I give up trying to type his first name without it linking to a babe.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

I saw an article on Yahoo today about Charlie. He had addictions too..........to finely made tailored suits. I never realized until I started looking at some pictures, but damn if he isn't dapper in every one. It said he upwards of 200 tailor made suits, and the shoes, shirts, and ties to go with it all. Check it out, the man was always the best dressed of the group.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I saw an article on Yahoo today about Charlie. He had addictions too..........to finely made tailored suits. I never realized until I started looking at some pictures, but damn if he isn't dapper in every one. It said he upwards of 200 tailor made suits, and the shoes, shirts, and ties to go with it all. Check it out, the man was always the best dressed of the group.
Looks good with his interview with Matt Lauer ....