• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do You Still Watch Saturday Night Live In 2019?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I used to be a loyal viewer of SNL. Haven't watched regularly for years now. Every once in awhile I'll give it a try and hope for the best. There might be a funny sketch or two during the first 30 minutes but sitting for the whole 90 minutes is like watching paint dry with a gaggle of angry hemorrhoids. I pretty much gave up when even the show Dave Chappelle hosted was dog shit. The Walking Dead sketch that had many old Chappelle Show characters on it was the only funny thing I could remember. SNL seems to be more social commentary pandering for applause than any sort of comedy making you respond with laughter.

Remember the great cast members from the 1990s? Who have they got now to compare to Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Norm MacDonald, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, David Spade, and all the others? Even the abysmal cast of 1980 had Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo.

BTW, SNL was always chocked full of liberals. This is not a political debate. It's more about what is the definition of comedy in the present day.

Louis CK's monologue was good though. I'd like his take on what passes for comedy now.
VLwyQE.gif