• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do you use all the benefits that come with Amazon Prime?

yoyodude

Recommendation: www.myFreeOnes.com
Not me. I only use it for the fast delivery. I watch a movie or two but I never listen to music and I didn't even know they had books that you can read for free.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Me, personally? None.
I have a few friends with it and it seems to be a.. how would I put it..
A liability?
The people that have it dont even watch prime or order things all that often, but I know they get asked just-about-constantly if someone can use prime to have something sent to the same apartment building. Amazon benefits and free shipping/handling is a bother, if you gotta deal with friends and family using your account on-the-daily.

So I'm not sure if that means FedEx/UPS is just so damned expensive or slow or both, but my grandpa human has prime and while it pays for itself in.. shall I say, 'side' benefits or ordering for other people.. I think he might miss out on sleep and patience, due to sharing his benefits amongst others.

More of an on-topic reply: Is prime any good? I know netflix is a few months away from total bankruptcy and Hulu is now a disney property.. that really only leaves amazon, eh.

Sexpert007

Forgot my own Birthday!
Then there is also HBO GO, the best of them I think, if you prefer movies over TV shows.

What did you mean that Netflix is close to bankrupcy?

Sexpert007

Forgot my own Birthday!
So I just googled it, the company has a huge and rising debt. Didn’t know that. Interesting.

yoyodude

So I just googled it, the company has a huge and rising debt. Didn’t know that. Interesting.

How would they even have debt when Netflix is one of, if not, the most popular streaming service. I didn't know that either. It would be a shame if they went bankrupt. Netflix isn't for everyone but I enjoy the movies and shows that they have. I sure hope they pull through.

Sexpert007

Forgot my own Birthday!
I’m thinking of joining Netflix as well. They have the Scream horror series. I totally want to see this.

Freq3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
How would they even have debt when Netflix is one of, if not, the most popular streaming service. I didn't know that either. It would be a shame if they went bankrupt. Netflix isn't for everyone but I enjoy the movies and shows that they have. I sure hope they pull through.

It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon buys/takes over Netflix if they're on the brink of busting...they did that with LoveFILM a few years ago.

I use their movie and tv portal and shipping too, but should really use their music streaming as I'm into music a lot...I haven't really taken the leap into streaming music properly yet apart from You Tube. I still love my CDs too much! :cool:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
No, I pretty much only keep the Prime membership for the free shipping. I encourage (close/paying) acquaintances to let me order things for them on my account because I get points on the [NOBABE]Amazon Prime[/NOBABE] credit card that lead to free crap every year. I very seldom find many shows or movies on Amazon Prime that fit my taste - too much follow-the-leader, pop culture, formulaic crap, IMO. I listen to the music channels every now and again, but certainly not enough to justify having a Prime membership. I've never used the e-book service. I'm considering dropping it when I come up for renewal next year.

As for Netflix going bankrupt anytime soon, that's not true. Maybe someone got Netflix mixed up with Tesla? :dunno: Tesla has made small profits along the way, but typically loses money - and now they're running out of money to operate the business. Netflix makes money ($845 million in 2018), but does have a negative free cashflow problem (spending all the money that it makes and then some). But unless you're an investor, that shouldn't concern subscribers. And the projections are that it should turn cashflow positive by late 2021. Apple probably could have bought, or taken a major stake in Netflix years ago. But with Netflix's valuation now at $150 billion +/- (not including at least a 25% premium to make a respectable offer that shareholders would seriously consider), Apple never does big acquisitions - even though they have about enough "in the bank" to cover that amount. Disney has already been on a buying spree lately and their valuation is just $237 billion - so they'd have to take on major (I'd say) crippling debt to buy something at a valuation almost the same as their own. Plus, I don't think Hastings has any interest in selling.

What do you all think of Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods? I've never shopped at that grocery store (over priced, IMO). But do any Prime members here shop there?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon buys/takes over Netflix if they're on the brink of busting

Let's hope not. How big we want companies to be? We'll be serving our lords Google and Amazon as mindless slaves more literally at this rate.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Just the deliveries

Same here.

But I also have used the advantage to see and order some products earlier than other customers. Good, when they are the last tv of that type from that amazon dealer, which means another great percentage off the price

yoyodude

I was surprised to see Whole Foods there. I found that out about a month ago while I was browsing. Didn't really surprise me since Amazon is one of the biggest companies right now and they are continuing to expand. Yes they are definitely overpriced but that's because their products are organic. Maybe I will try it out one of these days but for now I will stick to my go-to stores Food 4 Less and Ralphs. Can't beat those decent prices!