• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Documentaries

iv6789

Closed Account
If you're into space/the creation of earth, "The Universe" series is great.
Cubs fan? "This Old Cub."
Baseball fan at all? Ken Burns' series "Baseball"
Pretty much any Ken Burns movie.

I have a long list of photographer docs to recommend if that's something you'd be into.

Frame313

Got here by spamming
I could recommend a number, but I'm not sure what sort of mood you are in, so I'm not sure if these'll be helpful.
"Atomic Cafe" - about Cold War paranoia
"Beyond the Mat" - professional wrestling
"Brother's Keeper" - about a man on trial for killing his brother
"Comic Book Confidential" - the history of comic books
"Crumb" - Robert Crumb bio
"Dogtown & Z-Boys" - Stacy Peralta's doc on the influential skateboard pack he rode with
"Fog of War" - Dir: Erroll Morris - documentary on Robert Macnamara
"Gimme Shelter" - Maysles Bros documentary of the Stones 1969 American tour, ending at Altamont
"Hearts of Darkness : A Film-makers Apocalypse" - behind the scenes filming "Apocalypse Now"
"Heavy Petting" - amusing look at 50s&60s sex through the eyes of those who were growing up at that time
"Sick" - bio of performance artist Bob Flanagan
"Trekkies 1 or 2" - documentaries about 'Star Trek' fans

Frame313

Got here by spamming
I could recommend a number, but I'm not sure what sort of mood you are in, so I'm not sure if these'll be helpful.
"Atomic Cafe" - about Cold War paranoia
"Beyond the Mat" - professional wrestling
"Brother's Keeper" - about a man on trial for killing his brother
"Comic Book Confidential" - the history of comic books
"Crumb" - Robert Crumb bio
"Dogtown & Z-Boys" - Stacy Peralta's doc on the influential skateboard pack he rode with
"Fog of War" - Dir: Erroll Morris - documentary on Robert Macnamara
"Gimme Shelter" - Maysles Bros documentary of the Stones 1969 American tour, ending at Altamont
"Hearts of Darkness : A Film-makers Apocalypse" - behind the scenes filming "Apocalypse Now"
"Heavy Petting" - amusing look at 50s&60s sex through the eyes of those who were growing up at that time
"Sick" - bio of performance artist Bob Flanagan
"Trekkies 1 or 2" - documentaries about 'Star Trek' fans

iv6789

Closed Account
The History channel has lost it for me. Nothing but Ganglands, Ice Road Truckers and shit about the KKK. I used to love it, but I don't find it extremely informative anymore. The only thing I like is "The Universe" on there.

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
PBS has decent ones in their American History; I once watched a great documentary on President Andrew Jackson on A&E Cable in the Classroom.

History Channel. National Geographic. Travel Channel. MTV's The Real World, that shows a lot of medical case documentaries lol

But yeah, there a lot out there :D

Dean Wormer

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
PBS has decent ones in their American History; I once watched a great documentary on President Andrew Jackson on A&E Cable in the Classroom.

History Channel. National Geographic. Travel Channel. MTV's The Real World, that shows a lot of medical case documentaries lol

But yeah, there a lot out there :D

You equate MTV's "The Real World" with a documentary? :confused:

~~whimsy~~

It was a joke Dean. I put Real World, that shows a lot of medical case documentaries. Meaning it could be used as a documentary for many psychological cases.

Spleen

Banned?
Sharkwater

Probably the most important documentary I've seen in the last few years. A guy sets out on a journey just to find out more about sharks, but it turns into something much more when you realise just how important sharks are to our planet, and how no one seems to notice.

Of course it's not all that simple. Throw in some pirate attacks and a flesh eating disease and you got a winner.

STDiva

Sharkwater

Probably the most important documentary I've seen in the last few years. A guy sets out on a journey just to find out more about sharks, but it turns into something much more when you realise just how important sharks are to our planet, and how no one seems to notice.

Of course it's not all that simple. Throw in some pirate attacks and a flesh eating disease and you got a winner.

Ya. This is a great documentary. Brought a tear to my eye. People truly are shit.

Thanks for the suggestions ya'll. I'm going to start watching "The Universe" tonight. Rep for everyone. :crowdgrin:partysml: