• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

GOP to corporations : Don't move the jobs back to America, keep moving them away from US citizens

GOP Sens. Filibuster ‘Insourcing’ Tax Credit Bill

A bill to provide a tax credit for U.S. companies “insourcing” jobs while simultaneously ending a credit that purportedly rewarded outsourcing failed to advance in the U.S. Senate Wednesday, after Republicans filibustered the bill when their proposed amendments were not considered.
Senators voted 54-42 in favor of cloture on S. 2569, the Bring Jobs Home Act, falling short of the 60 votes required to end debate, with the measure failing to win support from even a single Republican senator.

Prior to the vote, several Democratic senators had urged their colleagues to support the bill, with Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., describing it as a “no-brainer” that would help stem the flow of U.S. jobs being moved overseas, and Sen. Dick Durbin, R-Ill., saying it would also bring jobs — in particular “good-paying manufacturing jobs” — back to the U.S.

“I don’t know what the debate’s about,” Durbin said. “I don’t know what Republican could go to a town meeting in any state in the union and argue this is not a good idea.”

The Bring Jobs Home Act was designed to provide new incentives for businesses to bring overseas-based jobs to the U.S., or insourcing, while closing a tax loophole that rewards companies for outsourcing jobs away from the U.S., according to Stabenow and co-sponsor Sen. John Walsh, D-Mont.

It would have provided a tax credit for 20 percent of the costs companies incur for shutting down an overseas business unit and relocating to, or opening an equivalent business unit in the U.S., barring severance fees for overseas workers, as long as the number of full-time or full-time equivalent U.S.-based workers at that company increased during the year for which they claim the credit.

Conversely, the bill would also have blocked any tax deduction for costs related to the relocation of business units outside of the U.S., ending a “loophole” allowing companies to claim the moving costs when sending jobs overseas as a tax-deductible business expense, Stabenow said when introducing the bill.

Senators had overwhelmingly agreed in a 93-7 vote on July 23 to begin consideration of the bill, even after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., had slammed it the day before as “campaign rhetoric” ahead of the November midterm elections and indicated that it would not win Republican support to go forward.

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, however, indicated that although he did not believe in the utility of the Bring Jobs Home bill itself, he nonetheless believed the issue of how lawmakers could support “economic patriotism” and keep jobs in the U.S. — particularly through comprehensive corporate tax reform — was worth discussion.

Reflecting this view, Republicans suggested several amendments to the bill, including a measure proposed by Sen. John McCain to lower the effective corporate tax rate for the return of overseas earnings to the U.S. from 35 to 8.75 percent — 5.25 percent if the relevant company expands their U.S. payrolls — and penalize those who eliminate full-time U.S.-based jobs by imposing an additional tax burden.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., rejected Republicans’ call for an open amendment process earlier this week, saying that without a finite amount of proposed GOP amendments, he would not put any Republican proposal on the Senate floor for a vote, prompting Wednesday's filibuster.

Wrangling over outsourcing, inversion — where U.S. companies acquire a foreign company in order to move their headquarters overseas and take advantage of lower tax rates — and corporate tax reform has become more pronounced as midterm elections approach, with both Democratic and Republican lawmakers each accusing the other party of abdicating their responsibilities to create jobs and bring in more income to federal coffers.

They don't want the jobs to come back to America, they want to please corporate CEOs, so tthat they would fund the party and it's candidate. And they certainly not want such a bill to be passed under a democrat president just a few monthes before mid-tem elections, people could think democrats want US unemployed citizens to find a job. Not even one of them gave his support to the bill

These guys are putting their party, their seats at the US congress before the well-being of US citizens.

Republicans care only for their pocket books and keeping it as full as they can they do not give a shit about abortion, religious rights, or gun control these are just the tools they employ to get the blind to vote for them.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
The stupid certainly runs deep in Washington, D.C.

Republicans suggested several amendments to the bill, including a measure proposed by Sen. John McCain to lower the effective corporate tax rate for the return of overseas earnings to the U.S. from 35 to 8.75 percent — 5.25 percent if the relevant company expands their U.S. payrolls.

If you make the corporate tax rate lower for overseas earnings than it is for domestic earnings, you're simply providing an additional incentive for corporations to expand overseas earnings (though not necessarily foreign employment). Apple, GE, Google and others have established small operations in certain foreign countries, like Ireland, for this very purpose. Not that many people work there, but that doesn't matter. Those are simply shells so that they have a place to flow the money through. With this stupid metric that McCain suggested, I would simply expand U.S. employment to the minimum level that would get the 5.25% tax rate and keep the bulk of the profits overseas, so that when they were brought back, the company would pay almost nothing in taxes. When McCain was running for President in 2008, he admitted that he was weak on economic topics. With this stupid idea, he's proving that. Damn, John... I used to like you too. :facepalm:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
^^^^^^^^

Failed troll attempt. .

Walgreens was founded in Illinois and like companies in NY State and California they don't follow the REDNECK AGENDA for voters support by the Koch Bros on having Americans fallowing for $8 dollar a hour jobs that the Kochsucker followers want in which you pay them dirt cheap when their dirt cheap wages doesn't helpALL of the Americans middle class support for all instead of rich stockholders. .

Go suck the Koch Bros dicks more PUNK ASS WILLIE as you are here as a TEA Party plant sucking the Koch Bros dick stupid ass TROLL :).

Get a life PUNK BITCH TEA BAGGER Supporter for nothing!

With ACE Boobtoucher and BOBJUSTIDIOTBOB TEA BAGGERS SUPPORTERS!

And that is why we are in Iraq!

They had all of the people on the planes that caused 911!

STUPID AMERICANS!

Punks like you should join the military and deal with them!

My bad.

Willie decided to talk the Tea Party BS, but did not realize that Walgreens cares more about America and the American workers with their decision to keep their HQ here despite the higher taxes.

Meaning the American Middle Class is more important from a stupid rich stockholder.

Fairpoint

Banned
The thing is while the corporate tax rate is over 40% hardly ANY company pays anywhere near that percentage, particularly the companies who are doing the most bitching and whining about it.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Yes they do pay their taxes. They pass them on to the consumer at the point of sale. Fuck, you don't understand simple economics.

Ace Boobtoucher

You seem not to understand free enterprise. Businesses don’t owe this country anything, the idea that businesses need to be patriotic and willingly lose money based on some sense of sentimentality is laughable.

The US taxes corporations exorbitantly and incentivise businesses to leave. So in fact, Obama and Warren DO support big businesses leaving the “homeland”(stupid term btw). They support it with their policies in dozens of different ways.

I am in favor of getting businesses to stay willingly by creating an environment which is appealing financially. Like Texas is doing to steal Californian companies.

It is the constant distinction between liberalism and conservatism, force versus choice. I am conservative, hence I desire minimal government interference and more freedom, lower taxes. Warren and Obama favor coercion, force, punishment on individuals and businesses in order to get a desired response.

If we weren’t taxing businesses at 39%, the most of any major nation, they wouldn’t be leaving.

You seem not to understand free enterprise. Businesses don’t owe this country anything, the idea that businesses need to be patriotic and willingly lose money based on some sense of sentimentality is laughable.

The US taxes corporations exorbitantly and incentivise businesses to leave. So in fact, Obama and Warren DO support big businesses leaving the “homeland”(stupid term btw). They support it with their policies in dozens of different ways.

I am in favor of getting businesses to stay willingly by creating an environment which is appealing financially. Like Texas is doing to steal Californian companies.

It is the constant distinction between liberalism and conservatism, force versus choice. I am conservative, hence I desire minimal government interference and more freedom, lower taxes. Warren and Obama favor coercion, force, punishment on individuals and businesses in order to get a desired response.

If we weren’t taxing businesses at 39%, the most of any major nation, they wouldn’t be leaving.
Your a fool and you prove it time and time again.

Ace Boobtoucher

Your a fool and you prove it time and time again.

*You're.

And if that's the best rebuttal you can come up with I don't even have to elaborate how stupid your slavish devotion to failed policy really is.

Suck my balls.

*You're.

And if that's the best rebuttal you can come up with I don't even have to elaborate how stupid your slavish devotion to failed policy really is.

Suck my balls.

Failed policy??? Open your eyes. If you walk like a sheep and you talk like a sheep you are more than likely a sheep........
It was not a rebuttal it was a statement to the obvious.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
You shouldn't be paying 39% of your income in taxes either.