• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I have a serious issue, and I can't stop myself.....

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I thought about investing some money in a table saw, but then I watched some youtube videos and changed my mind.
I have a few power tools, but not shop, type tools, and I'll be the first to admit, other then a drill, or an angle grinder....if it has a saw blade, it freaks me out a little.

Thing is, I did ok in wood shop, and LOVED watching the New Yankee Workshop. I wish I had the money to buy shop tools, and try to make furniture, I would probably do alright, I would just need a bunch of scrap wood to learn the ins and outs of the tools, and big money, to buy the good wood I would want to make things out of. I love Oak, Cherry, Mahogany. I would love to make guitars, even more.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I have a small table saw I almost never use. I once had a radial arm saw. Always was scared of it. Finally sold it some years ago. If you didn't secure the wood just tight trident missile time.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I've got a circular saw and a drill but I was thinking about getting into building wood shop kinda projects so I watched some youtube videos and realized about halfway through a build on something or other fuck this shit. This Steve Ramsey guy even tries to break it down to it's simplest but necessary gets and I watched him go through a few projects, still deluding myself that I would have the patience and the willingness to go into my wallet to stick with it, but after about a week and dozen videos I was just like nah, I don't have the patience or the willingness to throw $1k on a hobby I won't stick to.

tunsty

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her!
Is it a 'serious issue?'
I mean, people buy stuff they don't need all the time..

If it were the case that your running up credit and in debt, then yeah, it's a problem.
If you get some satisfaction or enjoyment from having all this stuff, so what?
A woman can have 50 pairs of shoes, but only she might only wear a handful regularly... you see where I'm going here?

Enjoy your tools... one day you'll decide you don't need them and sell them on ebay