• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Long Distance Moving? Advice?

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i've been looking at moving about 1600-1700 miles away. now that im getting serious about it, what's the best/most affordable way to do this?

my plan is to reduce our stuff, but we got a lot of it. so lots to take with us. seems to be a pretty flat drive if that matters. im sick of the heat. ready for a new adventure.

anyone make a big move like this? tell me everything and, if you got nothing, include tits in this thread. preferably asian. kthxbainao.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
No advice, so here are some asian tits.

manboobs.jpg

Or did you mean this kind of tit?

Black-throated_Tit.jpg

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Anders: ruining everything since Join Date: Aug 2011

A uhaul for that distance will probably run you $7-800, that includes gas. Their roadside assistance would be something too consider just incase something happened to you two on the road. If anything goes wrong with the uhaul, they'll come to you and fix it or replace the truck. They'll even unpack and repack the new truck for you.

A friend of mine moved from Windsor to Edmonton, which is roughly 2000 miles and he bought a moving truck here and sold it when he got there. If you're a good enough salesman you can probably make money doing this.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Sell everything.

Move.

Worked well for me.

P.S. I wouldn't sell the chickens. Just kill them and have chicken soup for weeks leading up to the move.

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
I think i know something about moving long distances. Take the strictly necessary or/and whatever you can take with you room-wise. Pack and box all you leave behind scientifically, name boxes and attach a packing-list to each of them. Force your family and friends or whomever trustworthy you leave behind to store your boxes in their cellar, garage, whatever. Have them shipped via snail mail to your new destination any time you can afford to do so. In the meantime, give them a call or drop them a line from time to time to let them know how much You Miss them ;)
This has worked for me when i have moved from Canada to UK, from UK to Canada (yep lol), from Canada to Italy and from Italy to Spain in the last 7 years.

Now: where are you moving? How comes i didn't know before the board? What have Asian boobies more than mine?
Kiss M and my ass too!

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
squally where you moving? Will it require cap'n hats for the haul?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
1. If you live in town, have a yard sale with everything you don't want to take. The more that you get rid of now, the easier your move will be. Sell old furniture, clothes, electronics, and appliances. Anything really. You'd be surprised what people will buy if you price it reasonably.
2. Get one of these. Pack up all your shit. Drive it to wherever you're going.
3. Unpack all your shit into your wonderful new home. Drive the truck to any local Penske rental.
4. Disco.

(click to enlarge)

Philbert

Banned
UHaul is the cheapest...a truck costs (smallest size, 15' I think) around $780 with the insurance added in of about $280. Gas cost me $450 Houston to Denver.
Every other option was lots more cash, and NEVER ship with a freight company for less than $2500 - $4000. Reputable shippers cost a lot.
Any of the $800 shippers ...well...they are highway pirates who will hold your stuff until they collect a bit of money more from you due to "Unexpected" costs or a contractor who requires more , etc. Nightmare stuff...
I checked.
I think it's 1900 miles Houston to Denver, similar enough.

Cheaper may be dual axle trailers, if you can mount hitches to your vehicles. They hold a lot, and are covered. 2 would move yourself, I think.

squallumz

thanks, everyone. keep it coming.

uhaul quote is like 1100 with a tow for the car. penske might be cheaper.. 900ish for just the truck.

gas mileage is 10-12 per gallon if you're lucky. 1700 miles... uhg... $595 in gas alone? wtf. ouch.

and sab! i told you sorta, but its not in stone. trying to come up with when exactly. probably will have to spend summer here at least. which is why we want out. summer sucks balls here.

anyway, looking at much north. snow snow snow. lots of cap'n hats. and ear muffs. and pale women. (fap).

i was looking at pods too. anyone deal with pods?

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Sell everything.

Move.

Worked well for me.
Having also done a move across the Atlantic, I have to +1 Petra's advice. Of course, moving with a U-Haul affords you much less 'extreme' options, but...

For what it's worth (I've lived in three different countries since 2009, all of them separated by bodies of water, meaning I moved by plane - but I'm also a single man, so no family to move with me) - I've found both in my own stuff and the stuff of virtually every person whose home I've been able to visit a lot of unnecessary stuff, a good portion of which didn't even provide any enjoyment aesthetically or otherwise. We're collective creatures by nature but it helps a lot if you can ignore that.

For my move to Europe, my motto was: if I can't carry it without wheels (*including* roller luggage, which I hate with a burning passion), I'm not taking it.

I don't recommend my strategy.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Having also done a move across the Atlantic, I have to +1 Petra's advice. Of course, moving with a U-Haul affords you much less 'extreme' options, but...

For what it's worth (I've lived in three different countries since 2009, all of them separated by bodies of water, meaning I moved by plane - but I'm also a single man, so no family to move with me) - I've found both in my own stuff and the stuff of virtually every person whose home I've been able to visit a lot of unnecessary stuff, a good portion of which didn't even provide any enjoyment aesthetically or otherwise. We're collective creatures by nature but it helps a lot if you can ignore that.

For my move to Europe, my motto was: if I can't carry it without wheels (*including* roller luggage, which I hate with a burning passion), I'm not taking it.

I don't recommend my strategy.

Yea, I only had me, myself and I to move when I did this both times.

First time was from WA state to a job in PA where I was living out on a wagon train. We were allowed 2 bags.

After the wagon train, I ended up down in Florida and I did accumulate stuff in the 5 years I was there. Bedroom stuff, some kitchen stuff, a car, and books. So come time to move to the Netherlands, I put most stuff in my suitcase, boxed up and shipped some DVDs and clothes and sold the rest off.

Now I have too much stuff once again. I blame the cats.

Philbert

Banned
thanks, everyone. keep it coming.

uhaul quote is like 1100 with a tow for the car. penske might be cheaper.. 900ish for just the truck.

gas mileage is 10-12 per gallon if you're lucky. 1700 miles... uhg... $595 in gas alone? wtf. ouch.

and sab! i told you sorta, but its not in stone. trying to come up with when exactly. probably will have to spend summer here at least. which is why we want out. summer sucks balls here.

anyway, looking at much north. snow snow snow. lots of cap'n hats. and ear muffs. and pale women. (fap).

i was looking at pods too. anyone deal with pods?
I got a quote...higher than many alternatives...minimum $2000+.
I got 1900 miles at a touch over $400 for gas...$430 or 450, don't remember; with mountains too.
UHaul was around $1100, total, cheapest and safest for my stuff.
Penske was higher in price, UHaul is the cheapest.

03i_giant_catapult_big.jpg

Eventually you and all your stuff will get where your going. Or if you want to move larger distances with each attempt...

catapult_trebuchet.jpg

Good luck. Tip: try to use the wind to your advantage.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ In my dreams, I lead a whole caravan of trebuchets up to my local Comcast office and demand fair, consistent pricing or else.

Even when they cave in, we still raze the building to the ground.

squallumz

im currently pulling inventory. i amassing a goodwill/donation/yard sale pile.

i think selling and sitting on some cash to buy when we get there is a great strategy.

the next issue is.. what neighborhood? that's tricky as shit without ever having visited the place.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
You left this thread unresolved, brah. Did you get there okay and do you have to wear a Cap'n hat everywhere you go?

squallumz

You left this thread unresolved, brah. Did you get there okay and do you have to wear a Cap'n hat everywhere you go?

i sure fucking hope theres cap'n hats there. still researching the area. might be next year, still trying to sort this all out but yeah, its a plan.