• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Movies Movie you were excited to watch, but it was a bit......

Threads that should be tagged Movies

Bluejaye

I still don't know what I am doing
What movie or movies were you looking forward to seeing, but when you finally did, you found them to be a bit of a let down?

I'll start with the Equalizer 3. I was looking forward to another instalment like part 1 and 2, but I and my brother found the third instalment to be a bit meh. He's still McCall and he still kills the bad guys. But the story just wasn't as good.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
That's an easy one for me:

It had big shoes to fill, was over-hyped, and missed the mark in so many ways.
It was supposed to be cutting edge tech, but I found the constant changing in framerates very distracting. And I felt that even Transformers did the 3D better.
The story was boring (or should I say "BROing") and made little sense, with tons of plotholes. Especially the last battle when the entire army of good guys just disappears.
And the whole Anti-Japanese theme was needless politics.

I rarely watch movies in theaters, but I did go for this one. And it made me realize how it's not worth it.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
What movie or movies were you looking forward to seeing, but when you finally did, you found them to be a bit of a let down?

I'll start with the Equalizer 3. I was looking forward to another instalment like part 1 and 2, but I and my brother found the third instalment to be a bit meh. He's still McCall and he still kills the bad guys. But the story just wasn't as good.
I thought it was the best of the three, personally.

I went to see Poor Things yesterday but found it really dragged after about an hour and a half. Still very funny at times and Emma Stone is awesome but I was pretty tired with it after a while.