• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Natal from Microsoft

blurmaker

Closed Account
is a disaster.. you play with all your body, but the controlls react too slow!

maybe Sony will think of something better next year.

Is Microsoft hurting so bad that they have to copy what Wii does?

Sorry,but the point of video games is to be a total lazy ass.I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week.I don't want to come home and have to work out again to play my video games.

I don't think that more 360's will sell because of Natal.

Actually Microsoft is being more original than what Sony plans on doing. Microsoft is doing theirs completely controller free, while Sony is using "wands". In addition to purchasing the wands, you also have to purchase the PS3 eyetoy to use the product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaQsXdKbUw8

So if anyone is being more unoriginal than the other, it's Sony. BTW, I love all three systems so I'm not trying to dis sony in any way, but their motion control is more of a rip off on nintendo than microsoft.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?

Sorry,but the point of video games is to be a total lazy ass.I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week.I don't want to come home and have to work out again to play my video games.

I'm just plain lazy. Fuck the gym. I get enough of a workout at work. When I get home I don't want to do shit!

is a disaster.. you play with all your body, but the controlls react too slow!

maybe Sony will think of something better next year.

Eh, don't get too caught up yet, they're still early in the development cycle.

Microsoft isn't really hurting. They're making a nice lofty profit off of the 360 so far, and while they haven't touched the Wii in terms of sales, the gap is closing, and fast.

While I can see why it looks like it's a blatant copy of the Wii, Natal may actually be more of a trial of we may see in PCs in the coming years. Computer interface designers have been searching since touch screen technology was invented to find a way to make it cheaper and easier. To me, the technology behind Natal is a sort of a prototype in that regard, interact with a computer without needing to touch it.

In and of itself, it may not be a huge seller of 360 units, I've been hearing rumors for about a month now about a new smaller 360 akin to the slim PS3 with Natal built in. Considering the reaction that Wii got, I could definitely see that selling to casual gamers and families.

Eh, don't get too caught up yet, they're still early in the development cycle.

Microsoft isn't really hurting. They're making a nice lofty profit off of the 360 so far, and while they haven't touched the Wii in terms of sales, the gap is closing, and fast.

While I can see why it looks like it's a blatant copy of the Wii, Natal may actually be more of a trial of we may see in PCs in the coming years. Computer interface designers have been searching since touch screen technology was invented to find a way to make it cheaper and easier. To me, the technology behind Natal is a sort of a prototype in that regard, interact with a computer without needing to touch it.

In and of itself, it may not be a huge seller of 360 units, I've been hearing rumors for about a month now about a new smaller 360 akin to the slim PS3 with Natal built in. Considering the reaction that Wii got, I could definitely see that selling to casual gamers and families.

Actually Shayd the gap isnt even close to closing,especially since these consoles are far into their life cycle. Right now its......
www.vgchartz.com

Wii 62.59 mill
360 35.80 mill
ps3 30.10 mill
Check out the breakdown on the right of the site for Worldwide. For December Wii sold almost 1 million more consoles than 360 and ps3 sold about 300,000 more than xbox.

Wii has sold almost double compared to 360 and over double compared to ps3.Xbox360 is far from closing that gap and probably never will. Wii sold way too much already and neither ps3 or xbox360 will catch up. However,the way the ps3 is selling and the insane slate of games on it for 2010,I see ps3 filling in that small 5 mill/1yr head start lead 360 has and being the one that tries to beat the Wii not 360.

Actually Microsoft is being more original than what Sony plans on doing. Microsoft is doing theirs completely controller free, while Sony is using "wands". In addition to purchasing the wands, you also have to purchase the PS3 eyetoy to use the product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaQsXdKbUw8

So if anyone is being more unoriginal than the other, it's Sony. BTW, I love all three systems so I'm not trying to dis sony in any way, but their motion control is more of a rip off on nintendo than microsoft.

Maybe they are being a little "different",but dare I say that they are being more original.It's still a stupid move on both Sony and Microsoft if you ask me,because it's too little too late to be getting into the whole "we can have motion control too!" game.

They just need to stick with what they do best and leave the gimmicks up to Nintendo.This time next year,unless there is something new from Nintendo,it will be under everyone's tv collecting dust,going unplayed,while all of the best games are on PS3 and 360.

Actually Shayd the gap isnt even close to closing,especially since these consoles are far into their life cycle. Right now its......
www.vgchartz.com

Wii 62.59 mill
360 35.80 mill
ps3 30.10 mill
Check out the breakdown on the right of the site for Worldwide. For December Wii sold almost 1 million more consoles than 360 and ps3 sold about 300,000 more than xbox.

Wii has sold almost double compared to 360 and over double compared to ps3.Xbox360 is far from closing that gap and probably never will. Wii sold way too much already and neither ps3 or xbox360 will catch up. However,the way the ps3 is selling and the insane slate of games on it for 2010,I see ps3 filling in that small 5 mill/1yr head start lead 360 has and being the one that tries to beat the Wii not 360.

I don't think 360 and PS3 will catch up only because most of the people who own a Wii,wouldn't even think about getting a gaming console in the first place.

There are very very few casual gamers that own either PS3 or 360.Probably more own a PS3 simply because of the Bluray player,which was their main selling point for selling to the casual gamer.Even if you look at the commercial now,they are advertising it as a "does everything" machine.Obviously that's to sell more to the average consumer,whether they be true gamers,casual games,or non gamers.

Microsoft's main battle is trying to convince the average non-gaming consumer to spend $250-$300 on their product,that quite frankly has a very exclusive appeal.With the demise of the HD/DVD format,I think that Microsoft took quite a hit on who they could advertise their product to,while Sony still has the avenue to drive down.

Ultimately,it's all about the games,so even if the Wii consoles sell like crazy now,they don't have the games to keep their product viable in the long term.The lazy asses who think that they are actually getting a "great workout" by doing Wii Fit,or Golf,or any of the other gimmicky games like that,will get bored eventually.

All Sony and Microsoft have to do is give one more price drop and they will see their consoles sell like crazy.A $200 PS3 will be almost impossible to keep on the shelves,and they should do that when some of their "heavy hitters" are released.

Maybe they are being a little "different",but dare I say that they are being more original.It's still a stupid move on both Sony and Microsoft if you ask me,because it's too little too late to be getting into the whole "we can have motion control too!" game.

They just need to stick with what they do best and leave the gimmicks up to Nintendo.This time next year,unless there is something new from Nintendo,it will be under everyone's tv collecting dust,going unplayed,while all of the best games are on PS3 and 360.

I don't think 360 and PS3 will catch up only because most of the people who own a Wii,wouldn't even think about getting a gaming console in the first place.

There are very very few casual gamers that own either PS3 or 360.Probably more own a PS3 simply because of the Bluray player,which was their main selling point for selling to the casual gamer.Even if you look at the commercial now,they are advertising it as a "does everything" machine.Obviously that's to sell more to the average consumer,whether they be true gamers,casual games,or non gamers.

Microsoft's main battle is trying to convince the average non-gaming consumer to spend $250-$300 on their product,that quite frankly has a very exclusive appeal.With the demise of the HD/DVD format,I think that Microsoft took quite a hit on who they could advertise their product to,while Sony still has the avenue to drive down.

Ultimately,it's all about the games,so even if the Wii consoles sell like crazy now,they don't have the games to keep their product viable in the long term.The lazy asses who think that they are actually getting a "great workout" by doing Wii Fit,or Golf,or any of the other gimmicky games like that,will get bored eventually.

All Sony and Microsoft have to do is give one more price drop and they will see their consoles sell like crazy.A $200 PS3 will be almost impossible to keep on the shelves,and they should do that when some of their "heavy hitters" are released.

I'm not a parent but if I were,I would never make a deal with my daughter/son that they could have a videogame as their source of excersise if they were over weight. Games are games and excersise is excersise and being overweight is extremely unhealthy. I speak from experience of being almost 300 lbs for 10 years due to health shit. I felt sick as a dog at that weight.

Im an average 200lbs now at 6 foot2 the last 2 yrs,have conquered my health woes and will never be that heavy again. When you can go out and play 3 hrs of roller hockey you tend to feel alittle bit better than if you are bottled up in your room feeling very hot from the high blood sugar,pressure etc. na' mean? Would never want my child to feel that.

In order to discipline a kid you gotta make them go out and do "real" excersise. Cause sooner or later if the only excersise they are getting is on the Wii they will start saying "what if I do jumping jacks for the first half hour while I'm playing Gears of War?"

Wii fit shouldnt exsist because of this. They are advertising videogames as being a form of excersise. As far as a another price cut......if Sony dropped another 50 off of ps3 right when GodofWar3 and Battlefield Bad co 2 hits, it would be lights out for 360.

www.vgchartz.com

Wii 62.59 mill
360 35.80 mill
ps3 30.10 mill

VZChartz is a site I have a hard time relying on simply because their data is often arbitrary, and honestly half the time it seems the editors are just making it up and I've yet to see them use a credible source. That site was one of the first back when HD-DVD/Blu-Ray were battling it out to "break" the news that Blu-Ray was to be ceased, so I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt at the very least.

According to NPD, those numbers are quite generous, as based on their tax filings, Wii was at 56 million, while the 360 was at 31 million, and the PS3 was at 27 million per October 31. This time of year always boosts sales of consoles, so I could reasonably see about 60 million for the Wii, 35 for the 360 and 30 or 31 for the PS3. That being said, Nintendo announced last month that following their price drop, the Wii sales were up 85% from the middle of October to the end of November, which leads me to believe that those numbers are still a bit lofty as the total units they've confirmed to be shipped was well below 75% of average. Nintendo claims it's because of the drop in price, I happen to believe it has more to do with supply catching up with demand, because Wiis are now readily available, and it's the holiday season.

Here's the scary part though. A year ago, the totals looked like: Wii 45 million, 360 21 million, and the PS3 17 million. The market trend here is pretty clear, and that is both the 360 and PS3 are rapidly catching up. At this point it looks like a tossup between 360 and PS3 for second, but early reports I've read have PS3 selling a ton of holiday units, which usually (for any console) don't sustain past the holiday season. We'll know for sure in another month when the NPD releases their holiday report.

Also, to date, this so-called "big game" theory has turned out to be mostly bunk, as huge titles have really only produced solid increases for about a month in sales, and with both the 360 and PS3 having exclusive titles, it's pretty much a wash right now in terms of people buying for games. The biggest sellers are cross-console anyway, which again speaks to something else driving sales.

That's a fair point, and I can't really say I disagree with it. If Microsoft does churn out a great product in Natal, I'd be happy with that, but for the most part, everyone knows where the real money lies, and that's in the games, and online play.

Wii will probably always remain atop the sales charts, but I wouldn't be surprised if sales run dry in the coming months, market saturation is starting to take place, and it's the first full year Nintendo has had to deal with that phenomenon, so we'll see.

For the 360, that could reasonably happen, but Sony is finding out the hard way that they can't sell the PS3 for $300 and maintain a profit, so it's nearly impossible for them right now to sell it for cheaper. If I were Sony I'd be looking into cheaper technology in the consoles, not smaller sizes, but again ultimately time will tell.

blurmaker

Closed Account
well i dont care much anyways about wether its PS, Wii or xbox. i have a laptop, a small computer and play on it and satisfied, it handles most of games in terms of data graphic etc :]

but what i see is that the Sony is trying to make anything just to sell.. they dont care about consumers. one day they make a "psp", the next day they make onother psp called "psp light or slim", then they make onother psp called "psp2000" then "psp3000" then "psp4000" then that stupid "psp go" then god knows whats next. like WHAT ???

the same whith the playstation consolles, PS2, PS2 Slim", PS3, PS3 Slim, and dont forget the special ones like the limited edetions etc.. like what will people do with thier old consolles, just throw them away? no shit..

and i totally agree with shayd, Sony hase to do cheaper consolles and technology like the Wii cause thats what made the Wii sell so well.. but the Wii consol has its own problems too like the small amount and variety of games etc..

not gonna talk too much about the xbox, and the 360 cause i didnt try it so much, but what i can see is that the difference in the graphics between the xbox and xbox360 is very little.. almost no difference. if you have an HD tv or whatever its called.

and hey, remember SEGA Dream Cast? that was a hell of a consol.. i loved it and the graphics was cool.. and you know what? you could play movies on this thing and surf the internet as well as listening to music.. i miss you Dream Cast ^_^