• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NCAA March Madness 2022

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
By popular demand …

Anyone else think of Elton John’s great song while musing this year’s Cinderella?

Dude...I would give you a Like, or a Thumbs Up, or an Atta Boy, or whatever the hell they do around here, except that I can't 'cuz I don't have that option yet...probably because I'm new. That or I'm already pissing off the Mods. I dunno.🏀🏀

AFA your post goes, I can't figure them out...the Peacocks. The won the MAAC tourney, that's how they got to the dance. But their leading scorers average less than 17 a game apiece. They lost to the Gaels twice. They only have two seniors on the team...although one of them is Ndefo. Give it up for Holloway. I guess it's the stuff he picked up at Seton Hall that got him this far. Along with a lotta natural talent.

gmase

And the Peacocks continue to dance! I hope they continue to channel their inner George Mason.

No. I didn't expect it over the Boilermakers. Painter tried to win it in The Paint :rolleyes: with size but the 'Cocks kept up with the speed point-for-point. Instead of under the basket, Holloway used the whole key and inside the line to move his team in and out with quickness. And you gotta hand it to Banks for toughing it out...but it was a team effort on the boards because no one player for Saint Pete had a shitload of rebounds. I think what sealed the game with the most cement, was keeping Williams contained as much as they could and making the rest of Purdue burn it up. Next up: Uh-oh. The Tarheels. Davis is in his second year at NC and he's got those guys playing their hearts out right at the RIGHT time. I would be doubly-shocked if Saint Pete pulls it off again. The 'Heels haven't played well in big games this season...until now. And BOY have they played. Both teams have the emotion and momentum. Carolina has the battle experience. If I could afford to be a betting man, I'd go Carolina by eleven.

No. I didn't expect it over the Boilermakers. Painter tried to win it in The Paint :rolleyes: with size but the 'Cocks kept up with the speed point-for-point. Instead of under the basket, Holloway used the whole key and inside the line to move his team in and out with quickness. And you gotta hand it to Banks for toughing it out...but it was a team effort on the boards because no one player for Saint Pete had a shitload of rebounds. I think what sealed the game with the most cement, was keeping Williams contained as much as they could and making the rest of Purdue burn it up. Next up: Uh-oh. The Tarheels. Davis is in his second year at NC and he's got those guys playing their hearts out right at the RIGHT time. I would be doubly-shocked if Saint Pete pulls it off again. The 'Heels haven't played well in big games this season...until now. And BOY have they played. Both teams have the emotion and momentum. Carolina has the battle experience. If I could afford to be a betting man, I'd go Carolina by eleven.

This is Hubert Davis' first year as UNC's Head Coach. He was an assistant on Roy Williams' staff for many years.

gmase

And Villanova punched the first ticket to New Orleans. I really dislike St Peter's stands in the way of a Duke-UNC national semi-final.

This is Hubert Davis' first year as UNC's Head Coach. He was an assistant on Roy Williams' staff for many years.
Yeah. This is technically his first complete season as head coach. He was moved up last April. I was thinking in terms of the date he was elevated to coach and as this being post-season, but you're right about it being his first season in its entirety. He was promoted just after the 2021 Tournament following Williams' retirement, so he in effect took control of the team before the start of the new season. It's circumstantial and semantics, but you're right. Davis was also the coach of the UNC junior varsity team prior to his promotion.

Last edited:
And Villanova punched the first ticket to New Orleans. I really dislike St Peter's stands in the way of a Duke-UNC national semi-final.

Samuels had a great game for the 'Cats. He's in his senior year so he's trying to step it up a notch. As far as St. Pete goes, my money is on UNC against the Peacocks, so I would guess you're gonna get your matchup.

Okay...the Final Four is set!

DUKE v UNC & Kansas v Villanova
That's a lotta blue!! I wish these boards had better colors. Where's the deep blue for Kansas? Ah, well...it's a free forum I suppose...
It'll be a blast to watch both of these games, no matter who or what you're a fan of. Watch Duke's frontcourt and for UNC the way Davis works the bench. For the Jayhawks, keep an eye on guard Ochai Agbaji. He's fun to watch. Villanova has a knick in their starting five, since Moore went down with an Achilles. Caleb Daniels will step up, but Coach Wright will likely spell with capable Chris Arcidiacono. No stunning surprises here, with three high seeds and an eight. But exciting stuff anyway. Good luck to all four teams! 🏀🏀