• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Pro Wrestling Matches/Videos

Mr_Stiffy

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Anyone would think you were a Sabu fan, Dino.

For me, there were two things that made ECW stand out as more than just a place for guys like The Steiners, Scorpio, Steve Austin etc to get some work in between stints with "the Big Two." Firstly was the overlapping and intricate stories of Raven VS Tommy Dreamer and Raven VS The Sandman with the various Buelah/Peaches & Tyler storylines, that seemed to suck in a never-ending procession of other characters - Stevie & the Meanie, Brian Lee, Terry Funk, Cactus, the Eliminators, Kimona... everyone seemed to be involved at some point or another. And of course, the story had the right ending - Tommy pinning Raven, 1-2-3.

The other was the introduction to the wider audiences of different types of talent and matches they might not have been aware of before. Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero and Rey Misterio Jr vs Psicosis were the types of matches that Western fans will only have seen via tape traders at the time, and to a lesser extent later on, even collisions like Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn, Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka and Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Super Crazy were pushing the envelope and inspiring the "Big Two" to incorporate the best elements into their own television.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
The match that Tully Blanchard pulverized Eric Embry on Southwest Championship Wrestling.

In terms of violence, this territory is underrated, Blanchard vs. Bruiser Bob Sweetan feud almost got them tossed of the USA Network.

Concrete Cock

I Ate Your Baby
Anyone would think you were a Sabu fan, Dino.

For me, there were two things that made ECW stand out as more than just a place for guys like The Steiners, Scorpio, Steve Austin etc to get some work in between stints with "the Big Two." Firstly was the overlapping and intricate stories of Raven VS Tommy Dreamer and Raven VS The Sandman with the various Buelah/Peaches & Tyler storylines, that seemed to suck in a never-ending procession of other characters - Stevie & the Meanie, Brian Lee, Terry Funk, Cactus, the Eliminators, Kimona... everyone seemed to be involved at some point or another. And of course, the story had the right ending - Tommy pinning Raven, 1-2-3.

The other was the introduction to the wider audiences of different types of talent and matches they might not have been aware of before. Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero and Rey Misterio Jr vs Psicosis were the types of matches that Western fans will only have seen via tape traders at the time, and to a lesser extent later on, even collisions like Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn, Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka and Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Super Crazy were pushing the envelope and inspiring the "Big Two" to incorporate the best elements into their own television.

I got a great set of ECW Hardcore TV(1993-2000) off a guy from England. I've been watching the 1994 year which features a lot of Sabu, Sandman, Terry Funk, Taz, Shane Douglas, Public Enemy, and Tommy Dreamer. Almost halfway through(May) when it was still Eastern Championship Wrestling watching it develop into Extreme Championship Wrestling.

I also agree that the in-between performances are fun to watch especially seeing how things progressed for guys like Steve Austin and Mick Foley. My favorite matches were those Mike Awesome/ Masato Tanaka brutal clashes. The stole the show at ECW(WWE) One Night Only too.

Mr_Stiffy

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Almost halfway through(May) when it was still Eastern Championship Wrestling watching it develop into Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Just waiting patiently for the NWA World Heavyweight title tournament to roll round then, which I believe Osamu Nishimura is randomly in. Not too long after that you have the formation of the best incarnation of The Triple Threat... Double Tables and the Sabu controversy... then you're already looking forward to the stuff around November to Remember '95 and one of my favourite shows, House Party '96. Fun times.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Kevin Sullivan vs. Dusty Rhodes in the old CWF promotion is wrestling gold.
Dusty Rhodes vs. Jim Cornette...promo gold!
NOBODY worked the stick like these 2 guys.
These dopes nowadays should watch this video on repeat and learn something!!!

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
The greatest dark match of all time and the end to one of the bloodiest feuds ever, AND where Vince McMahon admitted to getting his Hell in a Cell idea from....The Last Battle of Atlanta, Buzz Sawyer vs. Tommy Rich.
There is no actual footage of the match that has surfaced....
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWkqsPHf0xSX6drLm_Mu27Q

Concrete Cock

I Ate Your Baby
Kevin Sullivan vs. Dusty Rhodes in the old CWF promotion is wrestling gold.
Dusty Rhodes vs. Jim Cornette...promo gold!
NOBODY worked the stick like these 2 guys.
These dopes nowadays should watch this video on repeat and learn something!!!

Kevin Sullivan is my favorite heel ever. I was a kid in California during the 1980s and always looked forward to heading over to the magazine stand grabbing at Pro Wrestling Illustrated or Wrestling Eye trying to get an update on what Sullivan was up to in Florida.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Tommy Rich and Jerry Lawler were involved in some of the bloodiest feuds ever....Lawler used to be quite the ass kicker and Rich used to be quite the bleeder.
Rumor was Tommy would drink a 12 pack before a match to thin the blood so he would bleed like a pig.

Eddie Gilbert vs Jeff Jarrett was a bloody one too in the old USWA.
Notice Mark Callous BKA The Undertaker in this vid as # 5 contender.