• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Search Result Problems

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
So I know that the current search on the board is less than stellar. We have purchased the "advanced search" plugin that goes with the board and it's currently on our test board.

What I need from you guys, to help me test it and see if this will solve a lot o the reported issues and overall unhappiness, is WHAT are you searching for (on the board search) and not finding.

PLEASE tell me HOW you are searching. I.E...

- are you using the overall search in the drop down? checking the "search titles only" too?
- going to advanced search?
- searching within a thread?

If you don't tell me HOW you're searching along with what you're searching, don't be surprised if it doesn't end up ever working how you want it to because I'm not a mind reader (shocker) and I can only give it my best guess.

Cheers!

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
Hi Petra
I'm using the search general button. When I use the advanced search there is not a great difference.
The problem which still goes on is the one related con the three letters words, that are not included in the search.
I was looking for a "FTV" babe and the three letters word was not included.
I normally check the box for "search title only" but in the results many times are included threads that does not include the selected words in the title.
Maybe if we can use wild characters like ? or * as we use in the Windows File Explorer could be useful.

Petra

Staff member
Hi Petra
I'm using the search general button. When I use the advanced search there is not a great difference.
The problem which still goes on is the one related con the three letters words, that are not included in the search.
I was looking for a "FTV" babe and the three letters word was not included.
I normally check the box for "search title only" but in the results many times are included threads that does not include the selected words in the title.
Maybe if we can use wild characters like ? or * as we use in the Windows File Explorer could be useful.

I haven't found anything that's native to the software that allows wild card searches, but I did get it to allow you to search for FTV in titles and I was getting quite a bit of results. So I think that will make you a bit happier.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Here's one I can't get around.
I start at the forums top page. In search I enter:
"wrestling"
"search titles only"
Ideally I want to narrow it just to "This thread", but it doesn't seem to matter.

The thread I want to find is: "Wrestling Babes"
https://board.freeones.com/threads/wrestling-babes.48279/

It doesn't seem to matter whether the last post in the thread is recent or days old, the thread doesn't seem to come up in the results. The other "Fans of wrestling" thread does come up though...

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I find I can usually find what I"m looking for, but it takes jumping through a lot more hoops than the old board. For example on the old board if I wanted to search for a model I usually had to only type in her name, and a lot more often than not her biggest and most notable thread would usually be the top choice or close to it.

With this board who the hell knows where that same thread will end up on a search. To get around that I have to go to the advanced settings. Then I have to search only threads. Then I have to search only thread titles. Then I have to list it by number of post. After all that I might get a result that more or less resembles what the old board would give me or at least let me find her biggest thread a easier.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
All I know is, I typed in, "Petra's big ol' tittys"....and out of a clear blue mid western sky, the thunder rolled....

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
How can I search within a thread?
And is it possible to search for an exact phrase?

I mostly use external search engines to search the forum.

Drop down Everywhere to This Thread. Other options are in there as well.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.22.37 PM.png

Petra

Staff member
Here's one I can't get around.
I start at the forums top page. In search I enter:
"wrestling"
"search titles only"
Ideally I want to narrow it just to "This thread", but it doesn't seem to matter.

The thread I want to find is: "Wrestling Babes"
https://board.freeones.com/threads/wrestling-babes.48279/

It doesn't seem to matter whether the last post in the thread is recent or days old, the thread doesn't seem to come up in the results. The other "Fans of wrestling" thread does come up though...

I've yet to discover what relevance this search is using because the result is weird. Even with the advanced search plugin. There's another plugin that we're going to buy and install that should give better relevance AND search dropdowns.

I find I can usually find what I"m looking for, but it takes jumping through a lot more hoops than the old board. For example on the old board if I wanted to search for a model I usually had to only type in her name, and a lot more often than not her biggest and most notable thread would usually be the top choice or close to it.

With this board who the hell knows where that same thread will end up on a search. To get around that I have to go to the advanced settings. Then I have to search only threads. Then I have to search only thread titles. Then I have to list it by number of post. After all that I might get a result that more or less resembles what the old board would give me or at least let me find her biggest thread a easier.

The advanced search plugin seems to have helped the relevance a little. Can you give me an example thread and what you use to search it so I can check on the test board and see how much it's going to help?

As I said above, we're going to be adding a 2nd plugin. Not only will it give you a drop down, but it should help with relevance a little more. But I'd like to collect some actual things you guys are looking for (and the expected outcome) to test for when we buy and install it on our test board.

All I know is, I typed in, "Petra's big ol' tittys"....and out of a clear blue mid western sky, the thunder rolled....

:p

dstarrsfan

Yes, these words change as I post more!
I dont understand new search. Old one was way better. I cant figure out how to search by height. I am used to using feet and inches but the new height search box doesnt accept them. Do I have to use CM or what?

Petra

Staff member
I dont understand new search. Old one was way better. I cant figure out how to search by height. I am used to using feet and inches but the new height search box doesnt accept them. Do I have to use CM or what?

this is about the search for the forum, not the main site.

But... we'll be adding a converter between freedom units and the rest of the world units soon. Unfortunately it wasn't built out in the admin properly for the girls so we can't put it on the frontend yet.