• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Texas shooting leaves 26 dead. Mental health, not guns, is the issue, Trump says

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

:facepalm:

The Alt-Right is not the Klan. I am not a member of either.

The shooter is mentally ill.

The Family Guy is wrong.

Haitham Ibn Thbait, of Hizb Ut-Tahrir, told American Muslims earlier this year that Islam was not here to integrate, but rather to dominate.

This is the fault of the Air Force. They didn't do their job because they conveniently forgot.

Air Force didn't report Texas shooter's domestic-violence conviction to federal database

The U.S. Air Force didn’t report Texas church shooter [NOBABE]Devin Kelley’s [/NOBABE] domestic violence conviction to the FBI -- even though it was required by the Pentagon -- leaving the door open for Kelley to buy weapons, officials said on Monday.

Article

Texas gunman: a militant atheist who beat wife and child

The former Air Force airman who shot dead 26 people in a Texas church had been jailed by the military for beating his wife and child, and had ranted against God and the church on his social media pages.
Devin Patrick Kelley, a white 26-year-old who was dressed head-to-toe in black combat gear when he carried out the deadliest shooting in Texas history, appears to have killed himself after the attack. His church-going victims were aged between 18 months and 77 years.

Article

Bloodshot Scott

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Mental illness
Grant Duwe, director of research and evaluation at the Minnesota Department of Corrections, compiled his own numbers for mass public shootings, finding 160 cases between 1915-2013.
Of those, 97 involved shooters who had either been diagnosed with a serious mental illness, or showed signs of one.
"The 61% is actually a minimum estimate," said Duwe, who is also author of the book "Mass Murder in the United States: A History."
"The further back we go in time, we just don't have information as to whether or not they had a mental illness, though in all likelihood, based on all the evidence we have, they most likely did," he said.
Duwe found the most common illness associated with mass public shootings was paranoid schizophrenia, a type of schizophrenia in which the person has delusions of being plotted against or persecuted.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-shootings/index.html

sean miguel

No, it's not. At least not among the libtards I know, and I know an awful lot of libtards. A whole bunch of those libtards even own firearms, including myself.

then what legislation that isn't already enacted would prevent these mass shootings from happening, again, barring a total firearm ban and seizure?

after all, SOMETHING needs to be done.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
^^^^
Well, a couple of ideas I've read about that might help would be 1) expanding the denial of handguns to those who've been convicted of violent misdemeanors - and 2) instituting a national permit to purchase policy.

I would never want to see a total ban or seizure.

On the other hand, it's a bit chilling to me that all I've got to do to buy a shotgun and ammo is go to a gun store and show proof of age.

Mayhem

Banned
then what legislation that isn't already enacted would prevent these mass shootings from happening, again, barring a total firearm ban and seizure?

after all, SOMETHING needs to be done.

This is the one thing we agree on. So you wanna ease the fuck up or do you want to be your usual annoying, whiny-bitch self?

sean miguel

^^^^
Well, a couple of ideas I've read about that might help would be 1) expanding the denial of handguns to those who've been convicted of violent misdemeanors - and 2) instituting a national permit to purchase policy.

How would that have prevented the worst mass shooting in American history?

Jack Davenport

^^^^

I would never want to see a total ban or seizure.

On the other hand, it's a bit chilling to me that all I've got to do to buy a shotgun and ammo is go to a gun store and show proof of age.

lol @ @ “violent misdemeanor”
Someone that smashes a window is prohibited from owning a firearm.

The Air Force should have reported to the FBI and they didn’t. That’s national.

You are easing toward federal control of gun ownership.

I see what you did there. No thanks, I’ll leave it up to the states and municipalities.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
lol @ @ “violent misdemeanor”
Someone that smashes a window is prohibited from owning a firearm.

No, my brother and I are both talking about misdemeanors like assault, battery, stalking.
Domestic abuse involving the use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon. Those sort of events.

It shouldn't take a lot of effort to delineate those from lesser offenses like someone breaking a window.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
But still can buy a gun, legally, at a gun show
:brick:

There is no gun show loophole, Pepe. That's a false narrative perpetrated by an unscrupulous media to pander to idiots. I've purchased handguns at a few shows and they run a background check every fucking time. If someone falsifies the information or is a prohibited possessor and they submit it during the attempted purchase, the dealer is REQUIRED BY LAW to contact the authorities.

This dickhead lied on the forms about his mental health issues and that he served time for domestic abuse. The Dept of the Air Force failed to enter his information into the NCIC and he slipped through the cracks.

You don't know shit about American bureaucracy, existing gun laws or enforcement.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
No, my brother and I are both talking about misdemeanors like assault, battery, stalking.
Domestic abuse involving the use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon. Those sort of events.

It shouldn't take a lot of effort to delineate those from lesser offenses like someone breaking a window.

None of those listed would be considered violent crimes in Californistan now.