• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081

>BERLIN — The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay, U.S. officials tell NBC News, a bid aimed in part at denouncing Iran over its human rights record.

>U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

>“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event.

>Although the decriminalization strategy is still being hashed out, officials say it’s likely to include working with global organizations like the United Nations, the European Union and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, as well as other countries whose laws already allow for gay rights. Other U.S. embassies and diplomatic posts throughout Europe, including the U.S. Mission to the E.U., are involved, as is the State Department’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... interesting ?

sean miguel

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Not to mention several countries in north Africa and of course the whole swath stretching east.

But for those on the left (and I'm focusing on them here) who would be for this, how do you square that with multiculturalism/cultural relativism? Who are you to say to Iran or any other country what their cultural norms should be?

Johan

push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean
Good luck with that. That's not the kind of stuff you can forcibly obtained or by imposing sanctions on these countries. If China would set-up a blockade on US products as long as the country doesn't legalize pedophilia (on a federal level), do you think the US would do it ? Off course not because both homosexuality and pedophilia are moral issues and you can't force poeple to change their morals, you have to convince them.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Looks like a publicity stunt plus I'm sure there's money to be made in this somehow.
Couple thoughts. It says the US Embassy is flying in activists to push laws.
So they are lobbyists.
I know Obama flew lobbyists on Air Force 1 to DC to push for more gun laws in 2013 after the tragedy in Newtown which claimed the life of 20 children.
Wheeler.png

And it was very successful and profitable.

But from what I understand (which means I'm not 100% certain) the government is not supposed to pay for lobbyists.
I sure don't think that "tax money" should be spent on it. They want to lobby, do it on their own dime.
Also as my esteemed colleague sean michael said, who is the US GOV to tell other countries what to do?
Hmm? Maybe they aren't always the goodest?

sean miguel

Not to mention several countries in north Africa and of course the whole swath stretching east.

But for those on the left (and I'm focusing on them here) who would be for this, how do you square that with multiculturalism/cultural relativism? Who are you to say to Iran or any other country what their cultural norms should be?

*crickets*

what takes priority? what ranks where on the PC hierarchy? islamophobia or homophobia?

*shorts circuit*

stupid fucking libs.