• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What game did you absolutely dislike and could not come to finish?

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I always see these 'what are games you really like' and whatnot. I am wondering what are games you played and just did not finish, returned, because it was so horrible for whatever reason(s)?

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Halo and Halo 2. Well I didn't return them because I still have them and I got them really cheap. However I have never finished either one and have no plans to because I think they're terrible. It's the exact reason I don't own Halo 3.

shayd

If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings including this one.
MLB 2K7, 2K8, and 2K9. I'm going crazy without a 360 baseball sim. And the 2K Sports people working on this series should be out of work. Unbelievable. I like MLB: The Show series, but I much prefer the controls of the 360 for baseball sims.

lachemo

My Girlfriend is a Blowup Doll!
MLB:the show series is awesome baseball Shayd,right?
Going back to topic I have to say all the 2k hockeys this gen and Mercenaries2. Mercenaries 1 was a sweet game last gen,2 got so hyped up about everything from the loading screen to the graphics, and that game sucked shit.

I'm a graphics whore I'll admit,ask Shayd how much I talk about killzone2,but when I saw Mercenaries2 after all the hype and delays with development, I brought the game to gamestop to trade it in and when the clerk said "can I help you?" I puked all over the counter. LOf'nL

cartman24

I'm going to cum when I get my Freeones T-shirt!
There are a lot...
Dead Rising: Health system is awful and saving is a pain in the ass.

Need for Speed Carbon: I made it to the last level, did the first two parts (pain in the ass), took a break, turned it back on, realized I had to do the first two parts again, put the game in the case, and never played it again.

Farcry Instincts Predator: some BS level with camouflaged snipers too far away to shoot pissed me off.

Forza 2: Really damn boring and not worth doing every race.

Ridge Racer 6: Got ridiculously hard and frustrating.

Rock Revolution: Idiotically bad

and those are just Xbox 360 games...

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Rock Revolution: Idiotically bad

yea but I choked through it for the achievements.

I couldn't bring myself to finish PURE. Good game, just way to fucking hard right from the beginning! If you don't have boost the whole time and the perfect line, forget about winning...

Manhunt 2 - stupid game. It actually gave me a hell of a headache before the end of the first level.

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

lachemo

yea but I choked through it for the achievements.

I couldn't bring myself to finish PURE. Good game, just way to fucking hard right from the beginning! If you don't have boost the whole time and the perfect line, forget about winning...

Manhunt 2 - stupid game. It actually gave me a hell of a headache before the end of the first level.

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Pure was a cool game but you are right about needing 10 tanks of burst to finish podium. lol Manhunt 1 was a great game for its time. I dont know about manhunt 2,I think that was just for the nintendo wii? Not to bash nintendo but if it was on Wii then it sucked.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
it was on 360 when I played it.

FUEL is another addition to these games. Don't get me wrong its a great game in its own right. Just feels like its missing something. I lost interest after not playing it for a day and couldn't get back into it.

While I'm on 4 letter games. I loved GRID and DiRT was pretty damn good to. All 3 made by codemasters.

~~whimsy~~

Manhunt 2 was nothing but hype! It came out for PS2 and the Wii. Right there goes to show the promise behind it! Remember when it was considered to go from a M rating to an AO rating because of the motions that would be apart of it in the Wii version of it? The having to circularly move your hand and yank back to choke motion.

When the game came out it flopped! I enjoyed the first one and it was great. No question about it.

D-rock

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion,

(Well that isn't totally true, I ended up cheating just so I could quickly get through it and see the ending.)

It's one of the most overrated games I have ever played. I was totally disappointed after all the good reviews I read about it. It's nothing but a incoherent mess with a lame story that seems blatantly tacked on just so they could say they had one. I think non-linearness is overrated in RPGs, and this is one of those situations where it shows what happens when you take non-linearness and an open world or sandbox in a RPG and let it run amok. The leveling up system sucked, the combat sucked, the way enemies were adjusted for your level sucked and didn't make any sense a lot of the time. Most of the world was filler that looked like repeats of the same thing so it's size wasn't impressive when you factor that in. Going in ruin after ruin that looked the same for no reason and fighting the same things wore on you after about the first couple of hours. There was too much grinding if you wanted things like properties. If you wanted to play a certain way or have a certain moral outlook half the missions you couldn't logically do. The conversation mini game sucked. If you wanted to raise some skills you had to do rediculous things like jump up and down all the time or sneaking around among other things for hours upon countless hours, except since enemies adjusted for you, you could abuse it and kill a lot of stuff at first level. After a while the same few templates they use for people got tiresome when everybody looked the same. Some of the voices were ok, but again when they are reused all the time with the exact same things they say, it got tiresome.

It's one of the very few games I can say I was very sorry for having bought it. I have no idea why people like it as much as they do.

~~whimsy~~

YEAH! Oblivion is a game I can't finish! Only because I know once I beat it I will not want to return to it again!

I have more fun decorating my houses in the game than anything else! I love putting books in the shelves, putting food on he table as if I am holding so extravagant dinner party, and decorating the bedrooms with different odds and ends! I love it!

However, quest wise, and gameplay wise, I am just not that into it.

I love decorating, hunting, and robbing. Beyond that, I just do not have the heart to continue on in the game. I am up to where I can go into Oblivion gates; done most of the side quests regarding fighter, mage, and thieves guild; dark brotherhood and the arena. I know once I beat this game I will never, most likely return to the game to play it again.

I love Morrowind. That game can always pull me back even after years of playing it! I can never grow dull of it. Oblivion is nothing but a pretty forest and watered down version of Morrowind to appease to the masses of "Casual gamers" that picked up a Xbox 360 during launch. Let's see half of the Oblivion players play a game like Morrowind and stick with it as long as they probably did with Oblivion. They wouldn't. Simple as that.

Ravenholm

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
True Crime one and two. These games are just shit. Really, if you could describe the two True Crime games in one word it would be S.H.I.T. These games are broken on so many levels it just isn't funny. Some people complain about Saints Row being gltichy, but it is ten times the game both TC games will ever be, glitches and all attached. I never got more than a quarter of the way through either True Crime game. Bad controls and REALLY BAD car handling. They said they revamped it for TC2 and yet it is still as bad as ever. Heavy and non responsive handling. Think of a bus, but your actually in a car.

I have tried to get into Morrowind twice on xbox and once on the PC [with add ons]. And each time the same damn things stop me from enjoying the game. The poor combat and well that's about it, the poor combat. And with a game that has combat being a regular feature, well, that just isn't my ideal thing. You do not hit the target everytime you swing your weapon, it's like a roll of the dice to see if you hit or miss. FUCK THAT SHIT. I want to hit everytime I swing a mace or an axe or sword or fire an arrow. And if I miss it is my fault not the game dictating to me when I shall hit or miss. Oblivion sorts everything that's wrong with morrowind, and then some.

lachemo

it was on 360 when I played it.

FUEL is another addition to these games. Don't get me wrong its a great game in its own right. Just feels like its missing something. I lost interest after not playing it for a day and couldn't get back into it.

While I'm on 4 letter games. I loved GRID and DiRT was pretty damn good to. All 3 made by codemasters.

Right you are dude, Grid is an awesome racing game as is Dirt. Codemasters make consistently good racers. Dirt2 will be no exception. Every summer when there is alittle game release blues you can always count on codemasters to release a great summer racing game. And then mid- August comes ole' madden. good times.

zell

If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings including this one.
Prince Of Persia:Sands Of Time
way too much back and forth,back and forth game play for me.I had enough of that in the old Metroid for NES back in the day.

Prince Of Persia:The Two Throwns
The game was fucking awesome,until you had to fight that fucking giant without a bottom jaw in the arena.The game was so fucking glitched that even after looking online for hints to beat him,I still couldn't get past it.Fuckin' piece of shit!

Area 51
Terrible FPS with a pretty cool concept.

Devil May Cry 3
Fucking impossible

Star Ocean 3:Til The End Of Time
Hands down the worst battle system I've ever played in a RPG

cristianomt

My internet is way faster than yours
The first "Asterix" game for Sega Master System... maybe i was too young to play it, but i found it too hard to play, specialy the floating carpet stages... i couldnt finish it.

~~whimsy~~

The funny thing about Area 51, if you are talking about the 360 game that came out a year or so ago, the developer(s) actually said they knew the game was a piece of shit and couldn't believe it got out to the stores. Talk about brutal honesty regarding one's work!

I couldn't come to finish Tony Hawk's Underground -- That was so crappy! The whole gangster mission shit in the beginning of the game where he will "stab you" in a cheap gimmick of a Mexican dialect. I turned it off after ten minutes of playing it.

There are some other games too but cannot remember the names or any of that sort. Guess that goes to show you something!