• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

usman19

Yes, I bribed and cheated to get this far
Greed

Been a fan of Steve Coogan since his Alan Partridge days. A satirical comedy which theme highlights the exploitation of sweatshop workers which is prevalent in the fashion industry

His House

A horror film like any other about a haunted house, but it's not like those haunted mansion kind of houses. This is about a refugee couple who had to reside in a fairly poor home which then happens to get a sprit. Despite the film being about the sprit in the house, it also highlights the struggle refugees have to contend with when living in another country. This being in the UK. One likes to integrate and embrace the new country perhaps at the expense of hiding his roots, but the wife likes to stay true to her roots.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Marisa Tomei: Mmmmmmmmmm
MCV is like the perfect highlight reel for her.
Also watching it again, I'm just now seeing how Pesci's "Home Alone" slip might have had its origins in this movie.

Seriously, the movie is a freaking masterpiece, getting the legal stuff right, well written comedy lines, believable characters who can turn on the emotion when needed.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I watched "Cocaine Bear" Sat. afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. It had some comedic moments, and quite a few gory ones too. I'll watch it again, but if I had paid to see it in a theater, I might not think I got my moneys worth. The best thing about it is, seeing Ray Liotta one last time.

usman19

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Mutant Mayhem

I enjoyed this film alot. Great notable cast which includes Ice Cube, Jackie Chan, John Cena and Seth Rogen. Film is more a reboot than a sequel from the previous films. It has similar vibes to the Spider Man into the Spider verse films where it is computer animated with a comic book style. I would say if you enjoyed that film, you will love this. It's a film which not only children and/or men can enjoy. Film had alot of cultural references of other films etc

After Blue

Great Indie film that set in a alternate future on another planet

Old Rick

You looking at me?
Honest Thief. Liam Neeson & Kate Walsh movie on Amazon Prime. Another good action movie by Liam.

Attachments

• honest-thief-singaporean-movie-poster.jpg
    honest-thief-singaporean-movie-poster.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 86

tvstrip

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Mutant Mayhem

I enjoyed this film alot. Great notable cast which includes Ice Cube, Jackie Chan, John Cena and Seth Rogen. Film is more a reboot than a sequel from the previous films. It has similar vibes to the Spider Man into the Spider verse films where it is computer animated with a comic book style. I would say if you enjoyed that film, you will love this. It's a film which not only children and/or men can enjoy. Film had alot of cultural references of other films etc

I have to ask, between this and Spiderverse, what is with the claymation-style jerky FPS that seems to be the rage these days?
I get that it's an artistic choice, but was there something that happened that made it popular in these types of movies?

It might just be me, but I prefer the silky-smooth high-fps animation

usman19

I have to ask, between this and Spiderverse, what is with the claymation-style jerky FPS that seems to be the rage these days?
I get that it's an artistic choice, but was there something that happened that made it popular in these types of movies?

It might just be me, but I prefer the silky-smooth high-fps animation
i can't really say what kicked the trend off to be honest with you. What films has the high fps you talking about so i can compare?

tvstrip

i can't really say what kicked the trend off to be honest with you. What films has the high fps you talking about so i can compare?
Most Pixar films are a good example - Elemental is the latest one.
And if we're talking non-animated movies, about 1/4 of Avatar 2 is video-game tier FPS

usman19

I think it also a cost saving issue, but i think it really just to highlight the comic book style

tvstrip

I think it also a cost saving issue, but i think it really just to highlight the comic book style
I think it costs more money to make it that jerky, since rendering software isn't made to do stuff like that. So it would have to be conscious, likely artistic reason.

As for "comic book style" - has that low FPS style been typical of comic book stuff? I don't recall. The only time I recall it being used is claymation/stop motion animation.

usman19

Spontaneous

Film is like 3 genres into one. Comedy, horror and romance. This film has some gore in, so won't recommend to anyone who is sensitive to that imagery. The film is set in a school setting, and people seem to explode, and the best part is, its unexpected, even when you think someone will explode, they don't till least suspect it, leading to some jump scares.

How to lose a guy in 10 days

Don't mind chick film rom coms, and this is no different. Probably one of Kate Hudson's most iconic films. I didn't know this was loosely based off a book. Premise seems to be like alot of films, two strangers meet, there is a possibility of will they will they not stay together. This film highlights well from the start both the main stars having two different ulterior motives in being together. Matthew McConaughey makes a bet that he can make any woman fall in love with him, while Kate Hudson plans to write an article about how she led her boyfriend to dump her hence the title of the film.

usman19

Equalizer 3

Thought i would make the most of cinema weekend which seems to have been running across all cinemas this weekend for very low prices in the UK. Thought i would go watch this.

Denzel has done it again. The film may not have hit the mark as the first film. but i felt it was better than the 2nd film by a long shot. Was a bit surprised film was set in Sicily rather than the states. I feel due to Denzel's age, the action was a bit tame and slowed down rather than it being a full action packed film one would expect.

Happening

Quite a graphic french film if you are sensitive as this i think is based on a true story of when abortions were still illegal in France during the 1960's. It is quite an insightful film when critics call out about UK and USA having issues with teen pregnancies, and that this has only become an issue now, however this film shows this kind of thing always did happen during the old generation era. i further add it being graphic as you see pretty much a full aborted scene on screen and seeing fetus close up a few times.

usman19

Custody

A french film about a custody battle for the child. Film highlights how the system can get it wrong on how the father is violent and despite pleas from the mother to get sole custody of the child, joint custody is still given which places the kid in danger.

Last night in soho

I really enjoyed this film. Stars Thomasin McKenzie and Anya Taylor-Joy where even though they are two different cast members, i like how Thomasin who is from the present, goes into an alternate universe in the 60's morphed into Anya's role, even though on screen you see Anya. Everything seems all fun and games, where Thomasin plays the naive outsider with mental health issues. There is a nice twist where both universes meet and not everything meets the eye

Mulan

Originally meant for release during covid, this had limited release. Even though this is a slightly different film to what we have seen with the animation film in the 90's, it is still a good watch. I don't understand why this got alot of hate, not per say on the film, but the star who played Mulan got threats.

tvstrip

Mulan

Originally meant for release during covid, this had limited release. Even though this is a slightly different film to what we have seen with the animation film in the 90's, it is still a good watch. I don't understand why this got alot of hate, not per say on the film, but the star who played Mulan got threats.

Didn't she share a post from the CCP supporting the police crackdown in Hong Kong?

Kind of ironic that the film did poorly in mainland China.