• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

georges

Staff member
IP MAN 4 with Donnie Yen and Scott Adkins

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

Ford v Ferrari (2019) - James Mangold

luis: I thought it was okay / pretty good. You don't think it ended on a VERY sappy note?? Also, the Josh Lucas character was not realistic. The Project was his responsibility - why would someone in that position NOT want the best driver possible, to give him the greatest chance of success?

Yes, I should investigate more about the real case, but Josh Lucas character sounds inverosímil, playing against the company exit.
Regards.

Hey guys, I also saw this movie. I thought that it was pretty decent. I'm not a Matt Damon fan, but I guess he did a pretty good job playing Carroll Shelby. Still, hard for me to watch a Hollyweirdo tree-hugger playing a hardcore gearhead and a true American legend though. I was/am a BIG Dan Gurney fan also. Only saw him from a distance in the pits and never got to meet him when he was running the All American Racers/AAR team in IMSA and CART. In fact, he was the author of the famous White Paper that started CART IndyCar back in the day. He won in Sports Cars, Formula One, NASCAR and Indy cars. Another true racing legend. I could watch a movie just about him. He just passed away last year. And here's a factoid that I didn't realize when I was watching the movie: in the movie, Dan was played by his son Alex, a former CART driver. That was great to know.

Here's one piece of Hollywood fiction:
Ferrari using Ford to leverage more money out of Fiat is fiction. Fiat didn't buy a stake in Ferrari until early 1969, well after Ford's first Le Mans win.

And if you're curious about other Fact vs. Fiction in the movie, here's a great site that I found after I watched it:

How Accurate is "Ford v Ferrari"? The True Story of Ken Miles & Carroll Shelby