• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*2024 US Presidential Elections* - Candidates, Statistics, Campaign Timelines, Debates

Stephen1956

How far do you blow your load?
Those two German shepherd dogs kept by President Biden revealed a serious character flaw in their owner. Irresponsible. Mean.
I will not vote for Trump next November. I will not vote for a third party candidate, which would only help Trump..
If it comes down to a choice between those two, for the first time, I will not vote. I've been voting in every election since 1974.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Those two German shepherd dogs kept by President Biden revealed a serious character flaw in their owner. Irresponsible. Mean.
I will not vote for Trump next November. I will not vote for a third party candidate, which would only help Trump..
If it comes down to a choice between those two, for the first time, I will not vote. I've been voting in every election since 1974.
Isn't not voting helping Trump in the same manner as a vote for a third-party candidate? Same result, Trump's opponent does not get a vote. I thought the same thing in 2016 and voted for a third party candidate - a mistake I did not repeat in 2020.

Plus, why skip voting all together? There are plenty of other races on the ballot.

Last edited:

gmase

Interestingly, for provincial (i.e. state) elections in Canada, specifically in Ontario (where Toronto/Ottawa are), you can vote for "none of the above"

Ontario election: How to vote for 'none of the above'
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ontario-election-how-to-vote-for-none-of-the-above-1.1861675

The Federal election follows different laws, and don't have this provision though...
Leaving your vote blank and voting for ‘none of the above’ are the same. You can do the same in the US. No one is required to fill out the entire ballot. You can vote for one race or you can vote for all but one … or two … etc.

As the late great Neil Peart wrote:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Leaving your vote blank and voting for ‘none of the above’ are the same. You can do the same in the US. No one is required to fill out the entire ballot. You can vote for one race or you can vote for all but one … or two … etc.

As the late great Neil Peart wrote:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
It's actually different from leaving it blank or just writing in "none of the above", both of which will just count as a spoiled ballot and get tossed out. It doesn't get counted at all.

The article does a better job of explaining it, but the process actually does register the vote as valid, and that you declined to vote for none of the candidates. Every vote that goes through that proper procedure gets including in the official total vote count, and for all intents and purposes an actual "vote" for none of the candidates.

gmase

It's actually different from leaving it blank or just writing in "none of the above", both of which will just count as a spoiled ballot and get tossed out. It doesn't get counted at all.

The article does a better job of explaining it, but the process actually does register the vote as valid, and that you declined to vote for none of the candidates. Every vote that goes through that proper procedure gets including in the official total vote count, and for all intents and purposes an actual "vote" for none of the candidates.
Interesting. You vote for 8 of 9 races and your ballot gets rejected? Here they just don’t count the blank ones.

In 2016, about 1.7 million voters opted of voting for any Presidential candidate. Think about that!

Last edited:

tvstrip

Interesting. You vote for 8 of 9 races and your ballot gets rejected? Here they just don’t count the blank ones.

In 2016, about 1.7 million voters opted of voting for any Presidential candidate. Think about that!
Canadian elections don't have multiple issues on the ballot - it's generally just the election of the parliamentary representative, and maybe city council. But even then, they would be on different ballots (literally different pieces of paper), going into different boxes. So if you just didn't vote on one of those ballots, it would be spoiled.

gmase

Canadian elections don't have multiple issues on the ballot - it's generally just the election of the parliamentary representative, and maybe city council. But even then, they would be on different ballots (literally different pieces of paper), going into different boxes. So if you just didn't vote on one of those ballots, it would be spoiled.
That explains that.

tvstrip

That explains that.
I think it's important that the "none of the above" method is important since that vote is included in the final total. So if a large percentage do this, it affects the "% of the total vote" the winner got. So e.g. if 50% voted "none of the above", and the winner got 25%, they wouldn't be able to really brag about that total. The only problem is that most people don't know about that option, or just don't bother to vote in the first place.

Voter apathy can really win elections...

The Yak

I find the 2024 race is not as interesting as past years because there is no uncertainty around who the eventual nominees will be (unless one or both of them drop dead). If Biden died, the Democrats probably just move Kamala Harris up to first string so that's not as interesting. Trump dying would throw things into complete chaos. Would there be anyone who could carry the MAGA torch or would the party establishment assert themselves and give us a, as Republicans go, normal person. That would be fun to watch. Thus, it is settled. I hope Trump dies.

tvstrip

Thus, it is settled. I hope Trump dies.
My "dream" scenario (and probably most Americans) is to see both joe and tump unable to run (for any reason).

Let's have fun with that scenario - the most likely matchup would then be Harris vs Haley. 2 Indian-American women battling it out. I think that would be interesting.

gmase

Other old men ...
Joe Machin - 76 - is not running, but thinking about Veeps
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/15/manchin-romney-president-2024-00141654

RFK Jr - 70 - and his Super PAC ran an add in poor taste
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/13/bridge-funding-rfk-jr-super-pac-00141260

Let's have fun with that scenario - the most likely matchup would then be Harris vs Haley. 2 Indian-American women battling it out. I think that would be interesting.
All opinion: I think Haley would be a likely Republican choice. The Dems may shy away from Harris and I could see Newsom getting drafted.

tvstrip

Well, I think many of us thought Haley might have a chance in SC - and maybe her only chance. And yet:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/takeaways-republican-south-carolina-primary-2024-02-24/

Republican voters, or at least the majority that are voting in these primaries, are insane. It just blows comprehension

Like, how does tump have the support of veterans?
Saturday's result has to be especially frustrating for Haley, who became a political star in the Deep South state where she served as governor for six years.
She invested more time, money and effort in campaigning ahead of the primary, while Trump held just a handful of rallies. At the same time, she watched as much of the state’s political establishment turned their back on her and sided with the former president.
Perhaps most vexing was how poorly Haley did with veterans after she took Trump to task for criticizing her husband, an officer in the South Carolina National Guard currently on deployment to Africa, for being absent on the campaign trail. Haley also played up Trump’s past disrespectful comments about the late U.S. Senator John McCain, a decorated Vietnam vet.
According to exit polls conducted by Edison Research, Trump won 67% of the vote of those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces compared with just 33% for Haley.
Perhaps it was not surprising given how veterans told Reuters that even though they faulted Trump for his remarks, they were standing by him. Some were concerned Haley’s aggressive foreign policy views could lead the United States into another war.

tvstrip

Blow hard! - He can say all he wants. He's gonna lose by 8.4 million votes.
I truly want to see the biggest blowout in US history.
1) To see him so embarrassed that he'll never think of politics again
2) To see him so embarrassed that maga-ists will also shut up
3) To give GOP votes the reality check that you can't nominate someone without any substance, let alone someone who flaunts your own internal nomination process (like refusing to attend debates)

gmase

Blow hard! - He can say all he wants. He's gonna lose by 8.4 million votes.
I truly want to see the biggest blowout in US history.
1) To see him so embarrassed that he'll never think of politics again
2) To see him so embarrassed that maga-ists will also shut up
3) To give GOP votes the reality check that you can't nominate someone without any substance, let alone someone who flaunts your own internal nomination process (like refusing to attend debates)
Trump may lose by 10.2 million popular votes, but the Electoral College votes determine the winner. I am concerned about some of the swing states from 2020 flipping in 2024. That said, it is too early for me to get a reasonable feel for the election.

If the economy stays on track and Biden gets his message out, then I can see Biden winning. The concern for me is that the age narrative is taking over. He needs to nip that one quickly. Yes, he is old. So is Trump.

I do not see a blowout coming though.