• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Celebrity and Adult Performer Death Thread

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Sidney Poitier 1927-2022

With Rod Steiger, In the Heat of the Night (1967)

I know it's not in the same class, but I still love to watch the show. In fact I watched a couple of episodes today. Chief W.O. Gillespie, was the kind of a man, that you knew where you stood with him. Sidney add some GREAT movies under his belt to. God bless him, he made it to 94. Rest In Piece sir.

Reactions: sj1

Mr. Daystar

I saw the one they did for 2020. How did they miss Peter Green?

View attachment 939026

They also missed Richard Penniman (Little Richard) and Kenny Rogers (the First Edition)

... Although, they did have Neil Peart, Eddie Van Halen and Leslie West.
Maybe they think of Peter Greene as a blues musician, more then rock & roll. I mean look who's in the rock & roll hall of fame. Half of them aren't even rock & roll, and don't get me started on all of the bands that SHOULD be in it, but aren't because of stupid rules. Roc & roll isn't about rules, it's about what's in your soul. More then likely the guy that made the list doesn't even know who Greene is, or what he did for the genre, or even the great story of "Greenie". I also think these list makers put to much personal thought into the list's they make, whether it be because they don't like a band, or it's their favorite.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Maybe they think of Peter Green as a blues musician, more than rock & roll. I mean look who's in the rock & roll hall of fame. Half of them aren't even rock & roll, and don't get me started on all of the bands that SHOULD be in it, but aren't because of stupid rules. Rock & Roll isn't about rules, it's about what's in your soul. More than likely the guy that made the list doesn't even know who Green is, or what he did for the genre, or even the great story of "Greenie". I also think these list makers put too much personal thought into the lists they make, whether it be because they don't like a band, or it's their favorite.
Amen to that. :)

Mr. Daystar

Amen to that. :)
I live in Cleveland, I went to the Rock Hall ONCE, and I will never go back again. I will never get those 2 hours of my life back. Don't get me wrong, there were some cool things to see, like the Porsche the Janis owned. But the family took it back, and it was sold at auction. I understand the, the old school bluesmen, and early versions of rockabilly musicians DID IN FACT, pave the way, just like Les Paul did, but Run DMC, did not. Hip hop, did not. Michael Jackson, did not. To be honest, most of the bands I think are great, didn't really ever do well on the charts. Not many people can tolerate 30 minute songs.

Mr. Daystar

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
although it is meaningless to most, Mr. Sagat has the distinction of being the "famous Person" I was ever anywhere near close to. And by that I mean physically close. He and his crew walked by me many years ago at The Taste of Chicago in Grant Park. In my defense I did not recognize him, my daughter did.

Mr. Daystar

I remembered him after seeing the picture of him standing next to what appears to be a VERY baked, Bob Denver. No wonder Gilligan screwed up, he was still high from hanging out with Dobie.

Mr. Daystar

I just saw an article on Yahoo, and it appears that Betty White had stroke symptoms about 6 days before she passed in her sleep, and had another mild one, that was her cause of death. It was mild enough to not wake her from her sleep though. So thankfully she did in fact die in her sleep, peacefully, it just turns out, it wasn't from old age, or natural causes.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

Ronnie and the Ronettes. Sigh, my past fades away.
YOU'RE past will never fade away, if you don't let it it. I know what you mean.....the look on my face, the first time I heard "Cream played on the oldies station (No disrespect Bubb). and continuing up the '60's ladder....then, the knife, in my heart, and TWISTED!! Classic rock started playing "guns & Roses, You could go on the oldies station, and right after you heard a great blast from the past, you heard disco. Radio in the city of Cleveland has always been sad and pathetic, if all you wanted, was good old rock & roll. you had to have satellite, or a nice cd player. This city always has had the problem of having a good station.

SO after my little rant, I sigh, and remember the last's I've seen, and know, you've seen more. It just seems a damn shame that the ones the mattered, left us to soon.

I would bet you have a lot of good stories, I wish I had the time, and ambition to take a road trip, and buy you a nice drink of your favorite flavor of whiskey., You know, chat, chew the fat, talk some shit