• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Concerts You've Seen

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
Only because I've seen a few more acts since I last posted will I bump this ancient artifact:

Grunge acts (Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam) at least one more time each.
Steel Pulse
Mark Knopfler
Living Colour (again)
Beck
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Delbert Mcclinton
Stone Temple Pilots (with their new lineup)

I was supposed to see ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, and Gary Clark Jr. all at one venue, but it ended up being cancelled because Dusty Hill broke his hip or something. I consider that the one that got away.

On a side note, dirk never doted on me that much. That lazy motherfucker.

ApolloBalboa

Only because I've seen a few more acts since I last posted will I bump this ancient artifact:

Grunge acts (Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam) at least one more time each.
Steel Pulse
Mark Knopfler
Living Colour (again)
Beck
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Delbert Mcclinton
Stone Temple Pilots (with their new lineup)

I was supposed to see ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, and Gary Clark Jr. all at one venue, but it ended up being cancelled because Dusty Hill broke his hip or something. I consider that the one that got away.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
At Roskilde Festival in '96, on the Orange Stage, all in one day:

Nick Cave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cypress Hill
I didn't stay for the reunion of the Sex Pistoös, they sucked huge donkey balls, so my evening was awesome, especially all those free spliffs making the rounds during the Cypress Hill show

This list may be long and drawn out, but I'll try to keep it to the notable folks:

1. REO Speedwagon/Cheap Trick
2. Charlie Daniels Band - mid 90s
3. Kenny Chesney/Phil Vassar/Sara Evans/Carolyn Dawn Johnson
4. Pearl Jam
5. Robert Randolph & the Family Band
6. Derek Trucks Band
7. Michelle Branch/Jude
8. Digital Underground
9. GWAR
10. Oteil Burbridge & the Peacemakers (mostly 1/2 the Allman Brothers Band)
11. Pearl Jam
12. Neil Young & Crazy Horse/Lucinda Williams
13. Brad Paisley/Kellie Pickler/Taylor Swift/Jack Ingram
14. B.B. King
15. Pinetop Perkins/Willie "Big Eyes" Smith/Bob Margolin/Bob Stroger - basically Muddy Waters' Band -Muddy
16. The Fabulous Thunderbirds
17. Ray LaMontagne
18. Fall Out Boy
19. Train/Vertical Horizon* seen VH twice
20. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band *seen them several times, good friends of theirs for awhile
21. Candye Kane - yes the former sex worker/adult star turned blues/roots singer - I've talked to her several times. Very wonderful lady.
22. Gary Allan/Jake Owen
23. Montgomery Gentry
24. Default/Hinder/Bif Naked
25. Merle Haggard

I have went to very few concerts myself, but here are my couple.

Status Quo when they played 4 shows across the UK in 11 hours & 11 minutes and got into the Guinness Book of Records.
Bon Jovi a long, long time ago.

Does going to watch War of the Worlds live on stage 3 years in a row count?

Quality rather than quantity. :)

zipper_666

True Amateur Models
Approved Content Owner
Slayer
Metallica
Malevolent Creation
DRI
Septic Flesh
Rush
Possessed
Six Feet Under
7 Seconds
Corrosion Of Conformity
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Testament
Suicide Silence
Morgion
Sadistic Intent
Clutch
Trivium
Shadows Fall
Megadeth
Anthrax

But there are too many shows to list though ....and a few that I cannot even think of at the moment. But yeah, I've been to a lot of shows, and being a musician, have always played with some of the bands mentioned.

ApolloBalboa

Bumped because why the fuck not? And yeah, I've seen a few more acts.

Andy McKee (the guitar player, not the bass player)

Paul Simon - finally. He was great, and considering he's hinting at retirement, I consider myself fortunate to have seen him at least once. He played a bunch of stuff from his new album, and a lot from Graceland, but also some from his self-titled album and The Rhythm of the Saints.

Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy - just last night. I was hoping that they'd share the stage, but it probably made sense to split them up into two separate acts. Buddy came on first, and for being almost 80, seemed as spry as could be. His stage banter was great, and at one point he had a guitar solo whilst moving about the periphery of the crowd. I saw a lot of people snap photos with him, and it's the ONE time I've cursed having good seats inside the arena as opposed to on the outskirts. Beck came on next, and while I think it was cool that he had younger musicians with him (2 ladies as bass and rhythm guitar, and a lady and male vocalist singing at different times), I wish he'd played more from his older albums. Wired was one of the first albums I remember hearing as a kid, and I was hoping to hear "Led Boots" or "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat", but he touched on Blow by Blow so I'm content.

Trying to possibly see Black Violin this fall with some friends, we'll see if that works out.

ApolloBalboa

This year was a slower year for concerts.

Greta Van Fleet - for an up and coming group, they rocked like old school. There are times where they really do sound like Led Zeppelin.

Foo Fighters - after trying to see them for years. I had to travel 3 hours there and back to see them, but it was worth it. Dave Grohl is a musician's musician and plays a show like nobody else. You can tell it's really about the fans with him. A++

John McLaughlin - I couldn't believe it when I saw he was touring; having grown up listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra and his contributions to Miles Davis albums I couldn't let a chance to see him slip by. He was touring with Jimmy Herring (who I thought was good but too technical); when he came on and started playing some of his newer work, you were taken away by his talent. After his group played for an hour Jimmy Herring and his group came back on stage and joined them in playing through The Inner Mounting Flame. Hearing that was like listening to it on vinyl and being back in the 70's, an experience. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Dead & Company - I'm not a huge Deadhead, but I figured seeing them with 3 of the original members would be as close as I could ever get to seeing a piece of history. Honestly, I was disappointed. The mixing was pretty bad; the keyboard overpowered everything (drums, guitars, vocals) and even though I knew that the crowd would be rowdy I wasn't prepared for people to literally be jumping up and down in front of me so I couldn't see the stage. There really wasn't a change of tempo in their songs either. I ended up leaving halfway through.

I forgot to add AC/DC with Bon Scott. My dad took me to a lot of cool shows. The Led Zep and Lynyrd Skynyrd were priceless experiences.

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
In date order starting with my very first

23/05/02 - HIM

18/07/02 - Joe Satriani on his Strange Beautiful album tour

21/10/02 - Dream Theater

22/11/02 - Avril Lavigne on her debut album (Let Go) tour

03/04/03 - Yngwie Malmsteen on his Attack album tour

19/06/03 - Evanescence on their debut album (Fallen) tour

31/08/03 - Nightwish on their Century Child album tour

27/12/03 - Lacuna Coil

29/06/04 - G3 tour with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai & Robert Fripp

16/07/04 - Nightwish on their Once album tour

04/11/04 - The Rasmus

12/02/05 - Nightwish on another date of their Once tour

21/05/05 - Avril Lavigne on her Under My Skin album tour

30/05/05 - Yngwie Malmsteen on his Unleash The Fury album tour

04/09/05 - Within Temptation on their Silent Force album tour

25/09/05 - Nightwish on their Dark Passion Play album tour

06/10/05 - Goldfrapp on their Supernature album tour

10/02/06 - Goldfrapp another date on their Supernature tour

20/06/06 - Joe Satriani on his Super Colossal tour

13/10/06 - Lacuna Coil on their Karma Code album tour

23/12/06 - Iron Maiden on their A Matter Of Life & Death album tour

18/03/07 - Shakira

14/04/07 - Within Temptation on their Heart of Everything album tour

08/07/07 - Metallica on their Sick of The Studio tour with HIM, Bullet For My Valentine & Mastadon @ Wembley Stadium

22/07/07 - Steve Vai

27/11/07 - Within Temptation

27/03/08 - Nightwish

20/05/08 - Joe Satriani on his Professor Satchafunkilus album tour

04/06/08 - Avril Lavigne @ the O2

26/06/08 - Def Leppard & Whitesnake

05/07/08 - Iron Maiden on their Somewhere Back In Time world tour (Within Temptation supporting) @ Twickenham Stadium

02/03/09 - Metallica on their Death Magnetic album tour

17/04/09 - The Prodigy on their Invaders Must Die album tour

20/10/10 - Joe Satriani on his Black Swans & Wormhole Wizards album tour

25/10/11 - Joe Bonamassa

22/10/12 - I Am I on their debut album (Silent Genocide) tour

To add on from my last post almost 5 years ago

12/06/15 - The Moody Blues

19/12/15 - Nightwish on the last date of their Endless Forms Most Beautiful tour at Wembley Arena

19/02/16 - Symphony X on their Underworld album tour

I definitely need to see more live music!