• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Glenn Beck: "Muse are brilliant!"; Muse: "Please retract your endorsement".

I haven't actually heard the album yet. But if world renowned music aficionado Glenn Beck thinks it's great then I'm sure it'll be fabulous :1orglaugh

I sincerely doubt Mr Beck and the band would find any common ground politically. But you never know ;). To get an email asking for a retraction must have been heartbreaking for him, as he's obviously such a big fan....

They seem to have confounded many critics with their new release. It's had awesome critical reviews AFAIK :)

Aren't Muse British? That does not seem like the kind of country Beck would look for his art:dunno:

There was a hilarious comment on that mediamatters site. Someone responded that Muse is probably going to add a bunch of dates at trailer parks and nursing homes to their WORLD TOUR:rolleyes::1orglaugh

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Maybe they'll book a date in Salt Lake City and call it the Magic Underwear Tour. Glen and the whole Mormon gang can come. But the show will have to wind up by 9PM. The Morms get to bed early and they get up early... to create more fantastic conspriacy and religious theories.

I just got the album - I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for this thread :hatsoff:.

It's actually pretty good. Glenn Beck was right . . . . ::gasp!::

^^.....But he was only joking (about how good it was). :1orglaugh ;)

I can't get into Muse.

Probably their worst album to date but I guess Muse fans won't complaint since it's always under average. Now it's just more mainstream.

Depends on each track I suppose. This is easy on the ears - but probably less so in the popularity stakes.

No, it's not that they are too hard, or discombobulated for me. I listen to all kinds of much crazier, much more distorted and experimental progressive rock/metal type groups. The Mars Volta are incredibly scathing and almost random in their time and tempo, and I love them.

It's just Muse's overall sound that I don't like. And the singer, I don't care for his voice much at all.

It isn't like I hate them. Maybe it's just that I don't get them.