• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Israel Not Guilty According to Author of Goldstone Report

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Still guilty of using illegal and excess force in boarding those two boats carrying supplies....

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

That's good to hear.
That report caused me to question the degree of respect I'd always held for Israel.

Now, how many posts do you think it will take until somebody suggests Goldstone was bought off?

The Goldstein Report determines that they're not guilty of anything, not never.

Perhaps this was simply meant to be a sardonic comment. But if not then no that's not the case. It was only a report on this one conflict. And though it absolves Israel of having a policy of targeting civilians it still maintains that in certain cases there is evidence some individual soldiers may have (or did).

emceeemcee

Banned

Another facepalm moment from the pro-Israel crowd.

The fly's in the ointment:

In Friday's article, the South African judge wrote that a follow-up report by a separate U.N. committee of independent experts found that Israel has carried out investigations into more than 400 allegations of misconduct in Gaza.

1. Got that? It was Israel that found itself to be innocent. Yet again. What a surprise. Now all Hamas need to do is investigate themselves, find themselves innocent as well and we can rap this thing up :facepalm:

2.The independent expert's report that Goldstone cites, notes that Israel has neglected to investigate itself properly, so the idea that's been proven that Israel didn't kill civilians as a matter of policy is completely BS:

47. The information available to the Committee suggests that not all allegations of violations identified in the FFM report have been adequately investigated. These includeallegations related to higher level decisions about the design and implementation of the Gaza operation, including those related to the nature, objectives and targets of the Israeli military in that conflict.62 The Committee has no new information leading it to change its view that Israel does not appear to have conducted a general review of doctrine regarding military targets. However, it has been informed of media reports suggesting that if criminal charges are brought as a result of the investigation into the al-Samouni case, it is possible that there will be deliberations on the broader question of the rules of engagement that obtained during Operation Cast Lead.63

48. Nor has the Committee uncovered information concerning investigations into certainalleged human rights violations committed in the West Bank, including allegations of torture, discrimination, lack of access to effective remedies, unlawful detention, violations of the rights to freedom of expression and to peaceful assembly, or alleged violations related to the removal of residency status from Palestinians.
http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/16session/A.HRC.16.24_AUV.pdf

3. Even Goldstone says cases (of war crimes) against individual soldiers still stand:

Those investigations, he said, indicate that "civilians were not intentionally targeted as a matter of policy," though they backed the validity of some cases involving individual soldiers.

4. Even Israel admitted to committing war crimes -using an 11 boy to check for booby traps. The soldiers were just demoted as 'punishment'.

5. This is another report, not a legal investigation. The original recommendations were for the ICC to carry one out. Until that happens any notion of being 'cleared' is null and void.

6. The allegations of war crimes against Israel are corroborated by other organizations: HRW, Palestinian centre for human rights and the infamous Breaking the Silence testimonies

7. Attacking civilians is Israeli policy as per the 'Dahiya doctrine'

In the beginning of October 2008, the Commanding Officer of the IDF’s Northern Command, Maj. General Gadi Eisenkott, gave an interview to Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper, in which he unveiled what he called the “Dahiye Doctrine”: ‘What happened in the Dahiye Quarter of Beirut in 2006, will happen in every village from which shots are fired on Israel. We will use disproportionate force against it and we will cause immense damage and destruction. From our point of view these are not civilian villages but military bases.This is not a recommendation, this is the plan, and it has already been authorized.’

Nothing to see here.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

Trident1

Less than 1,000 posts away from my free Freeones T-shirt
Fuck fuck?

Trident1

aren't you the slightest bit embarrassed to be so ignorant?

Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious for the rest of us.....

Ignorant of your tripe? I wish. I'm glad I piss you and others off. Shalom.:hatsoff:

Trident1

So we can look forward to more awesome fail-threads where you make a complete tit of yourself?

Can't wait!

Child, it's more like slammin' yer threads and runnin' circles around you.:1orglaugh