• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MLB 2023

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism … on hiatus
Spring games started this weekend.

A few new rules this year promise to speed up the game and increase batting averages: https://www.mlb.com/rule-changes-2023

Speeding up the games is a good idea. Getting them back under 3 hours would be appreciated (at least by me).

The shift restrictions are more interesting. I can't see teams caving in and using a traditional alignment.

Reactions: sj1

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
We're not playing Strat-O-Matic baseball. So anything is possible as to the team that wins the World Series.

The elimination of shifts will bring up batting averages. That's good. Having a pitch timer is another. It will cut down on the time of games.

But having Trevor Bauer not pitching in the league. That's the best. :p

Last edited:

legmann61

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, Freeones lasts forever
Hope springs eternal! #LFGM

pete-alonso-mets.gif

legmann61

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, Freeones lasts forever
Vida Blue 1949-2023

Rest In Peace

Godspeed 🙏

Blue was the first of only five pitchers in MLB history to start the All-Star Game for both the AL and NL.

Can anyone name the other four? They're pretty obvious.... only one is still active.

gmase

Godspeed 🙏

Blue was the first of only five pitchers in MLB history to start the All-Star Game for both the AL and NL.

Can anyone name the other four? They're pretty obvious.... only one is still active.
I got 2! :(

How about those Bucs? It was a good start to the season, but it's time to regress back to the cellar by the ASG.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Godspeed 🙏

Max Scherzer, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, and Roy Halladay.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Giants did not play last night. Wow! Julio Urias got crushed last night in the 16-8 loss to the Cardinals.

His line:

lad-5.18.JPG

Nice to see that guy lose a game.

gmase

Those were the days: three Pirates - John Candelaria, Dave Parker, and Goose Gossage (hiding on the edge). Too late for my native team …

How about them O’s? They took the season series from the Yankees. I saw them at Camden a few weeks back. Wonderful atmosphere. Lots of orange seen around the city. It is great to see them surge. Party like it’s 1983.

1690807928521.png

• Love

gmase

Much like politics, the truth doesn’t work in sports. You would think pointing out this season’s improvement was a good thing. Angelos gets mad because his 29th-ranked payroll (thank you Oakland) has the second best record in the MLB? Maybe they should start losing so the announcers don’t have to point out the obvious.

https://sports.yahoo.com/orioles-an...about-teams-former-losing-ways-222809697.html

• Love

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
It was nice to Toronto give a "1 day contract" to let Bautista retire as a Jay

gmase

The improbable season continues. The O’s are 34 games over 0.500 for the first time since 1997. They also have a 19 game lead on the Yankees who are 4 games under 0.500.

The Yankees started a 30-year streak of winning seasons in 1993. The same year the Pirates embarked on their 20-year losing streak. No offense to any Yankee fans, but it would be nice to see the streak end this year. (Yes, I am jealous of them!)

gmase

Giants did not play last night. Wow! Julio Urias got crushed last night in the 16-8 loss to the Cardinals.

His line:

View attachment 1060429

Nice to see that guy lose a game.
This comment aged well.

They cleaned out his locker, covered up murals, AND cancelled his bobblehead night! DV incident number 2 is frowned upon by the Dodgers.
https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-cl...elony-domestic-violence-arrest-184455576.html

In better news: Happy Roberto Clemente Day!