• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '17 Season Thread

God, it must be frustrating to be a Chiefs fan. I like 'em, I really do. Maybe I haven't watched enough Titan football, but WTF, KC? For yeeeaarrrs, you guys. Marty had you in the playoffs every damn year. Always on the verge. Must suck. At least my Redskins go to downright shit periodically, keeping it interesting.

I hope Matty Ice goes all the way back. Julio and the gang. That'd be cool to see, but that's me. I like the humbled comeback fighter narrative.

I was hoping Philip Rivers would make it into The Playoffs although I wouldn't have given the Chargers that much of a chance to win it all. Just would really like to see him make a quality run for a Super Bowl.

Agreed. I think he gets less respect among the real arms in the NFL, 'cause he's a bit of a goofy, born again shit-kicker, but I love that he's a QB that talks shit. Super competitive.

^ It's interesting seeing the times listed in Central, had a moment of confusion. The Saints have already beaten the Panthers twice this year. Maybe third time will be the charm for Carolina?

Third time was not the charm for Carolina.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Taking a fucking beating the past few weeks. Did make money on Detroit not making the playoffs. Soon erased. Buffalo and over. I hope that city slides down the river and over the falls.

Long, long ago, in a radio studio far away, I came across a full page ad in the USA Today, from a collection of Cleveland Browns fans, an open letter to Art Modell (then owner of the Browns, rumored soon to be pulling them from the market) pleading with him not to take the team away from Cleveland. It was fucking sad, because the word at the time was that there was no way he was staying. I've rooted for them ever since they got to keep the name, unis and records, etc, but I don't know how I feel about this. They're sure as shit snakebit, it's uncanny. But I think it's offensive to players among that 53 that worked their asses off, but couldn't do it alone.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
I'm (2-2) so far...

My picks for this weekend's Playoff games:

Saturday, January 13

NFC Divisional Playoff
Atlanta at Philadelphia
3:35p.m. NBC

AFC Divisional Playoff
Tennessee at New England
7:15p.m. CBS

Sunday, January 14

AFC Divisional Playoff
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
12:05p.m. CBS

NFC Divisional Playoff
New Orleans at Minnesota
3:40p.m. FOX

So that has to be the most soul-crushing loss in Saints history and the memory of it will warm my heart for years to come.

I really don't have a problem with either team that will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and I can hope that the Jags pull of the upset in the AFC. Today was a great day of football.

I want to see the Vikings and the Jaguars. In part, but not solely, because I want to see these idiot millennial TV sports producers try to spin the Jags shitshow-to-contender story, or scrappy Case Keenum and WTF are the Vikings going to ultimately do with their QBs (Remember that cliche, "if you have 2 QBs, means you have none?" That cliche can suck my dick. Minnesota's legitimately got 3 starting QBs). Small market teams with no stars. Fuck yes! And it's time for an NFL team to win it all in they own house. Bring it home, you workman-like, boring fucks with the solid D.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I want to see the Vikings and the Jaguars. In part, but not solely, because I want to see these idiot millennial TV sports producers try to spin the Jags shitshow-to-contender story, or scrappy Case Keenum and WTF are the Vikings going to ultimately do with their QBs (Remember that cliche, "if you have 2 QBs, means you have none?" That cliche can suck my dick. Minnesota's legitimately got 3 starting QBs). Small market teams with no stars. Fuck yes! And it's time for an NFL team to win it all in they own house. Bring it home, you workman-like, boring fucks with the solid D.

I think that's who its going to be, I don't see the Eagles making it without Wentz. I think the Jags win it all, Bortles was money on 3rd down and combine that with their defense is a recipe for a Lombardi.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
I'm (3-5) after a rough weekend last week.

My picks for today's Championship games:

Sunday, January 21

AFC Championship
Jacksonville at New England
2:05p.m. CBS

NFC Championship
Minnesota at Philadelphia
5:40p.m. FOX

^ Would certainly be an interesting matchup. I'm not a fan of New England but there is something strangely offensive to me about a team playing a Super Bowl in their home stadium. It's just too magical and gives off creepy family-film vibe. I'd still root for the Vikings don't get me wrong it's just . . . yeah.

Go Jags. #CatTeamBrotherhood

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I've taken the over on both games. Bet some boxes at work on the Pats game. Vikes - Eagles at 3 made me nervous. 7.5 is too close at Pats for me to take a stand. Enjoy your Sunday.

Well, we are now a week away from New England vs Philadelphia in Super Bowl LII. I know I should be rooting for Philly but I just can't seem to fully come around on that. While every fanbase has their bad apples I think if you took the worst 5% from all 32 teams and compared them, Eagles fans would be at or near the top of such a list. There is also the envy factor here. Two years ago, Carolina caught lightning in a bottle and and fielded the best unit in team history only to come up short while Philadelphia loses their MVP caliber starting quarterback this year, doesn't miss a beat and is now one win away from joining the Super Bowl club. It isn't fair that Philadelphia should win. On the other side of things, what difference does one more Super Bowl make for New England? Four and five were big for various reasons, but six is just piling on. The world won't suck anymore than it already did if New England wins. Can the same be said if the game goes the other way?

Well, we are now a week away from New England vs Philadelphia in Super Bowl LII. I know I should be rooting for Philly but I just can't seem to fully come around on that. While every fanbase has their bad apples I think if you took the worst 5% from all 32 teams and compared them, Eagles fans would be at or near the top of such a list. There is also the envy factor here. Two years ago, Carolina caught lightning in a bottle and and fielded the best unit in team history only to come up short while Philadelphia loses their MVP caliber starting quarterback this year, doesn't miss a beat and is now one win away from joining the Super Bowl club. It isn't fair that Philadelphia should win. On the other side of things, what difference does one more Super Bowl make for New England? Four and five were big for various reasons, but six is just piling on. The world won't suck anymore than it already did if New England wins. Can the same be said if the game goes the other way?

I have to give it to Doug Pederson. You work with what your QB is. He burned that Vikings defense to the ground, and that's not easily done. With Bradford or Bridgewater, I don't know if you have that outcome. I shouldn't root for Philly, as a Redskins fan, but I never do what I'm supposed to.

Goddammit.

Chiefs Agree to Trade Alex Smith to Redskins

49ers - He was having at the time his best NFL season in 2012 when he was benched late in the year in favor of Colin Kaepernick. The 49ers went on that season to the Super Bowl with Smith as a backup.

Chiefs - Last year drafted a quarterback in the first round for the first time in 34 years. Smith responded with his best NFL season. He was the NFL's top-rated passer with a 104.7 rating and set career records with 4,042 yards and 26 touchdown passes.

Welcome to another team that's fickle about their quarterbacks.

But seriously, I like this guy, even though it's a downgrade at QB, I think. I remember some game he was in with Singletary as his coach, and the 49ers were getting their asses handed to them. During a timeout, Singletary was intensely in Smith's face, sometimes seeming to gesture toward the scoreboard, and I got the feeling (you couldn't hear them) that coach was saying, "I oughta pull your ass", and the fucking home crowd was literally chanting in some boo, and sure as fuck, Smith manages to stay in the game, and he marched those motherfuckers up and down that field 3 times - they came up short, but it wasn't his fault after that sideline talk, and I said that sonofabitch has got fight in him. I'll take him.

What a fucking suck ass football season.
Not watching the Super Bowl

#PleaseStand