• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official Formula 1 Racing Thread

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Crikey, we all had it pretty much right this time! Verstappen IS a strong contender, and he is close to making it to the top - bt when push comes to shove, Mercedes has the superior package, if all is to be combined:

The perfect car, the pit crew, the strategic team, and the pilot that delivers on the spot, switching strategy and then burning the final rounds up, hunting Verstappen, until Max had wasted all the rubber he had left, and couldn't defend his lead no more. That was excellence of execution by Hamilton!

Damn, now we have to wait all August for Spa!!!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I can't recall another race where a well executed, late strategy call made ALL the difference. If Lewis had been in the lead, could Red Bull have done the same? I don't know. I suspect Lewis would have been able to turn up his engine more than Verstappen could with that Honda. But tire wear was the limiting factor, so who knows? Really exciting race though!

Rey C.

And the revolving door at Red Bull continues to turn: Pierre Gasly out - Alex Albon in.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
14 weeks to go to Spa. Memories of last years race, with the win for Vettel, putting Hamilton in second, and an strong Verstappen. Promising!

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
So the GP at Spa is nearby, Qualifying is thru, and we got what we wished for:

Ferrari is taking the front row, Leclerq Pole, Vettel second. behind Hamilton and Bottas, THEN Verstappen and his old teammate Riccardo.

This will be good

Rey C.

Congrats to Charles on a blistering pole lap! Hopefully Ferrari will start backing him better than they did at the start of the season. He's their future, not Vettel.

And since I think Lewis has this championship all but wrapped up, I'll be pulling for Leclerc to get his first win tomorrow. Spa would be an amazing place to get his maiden victory.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Rey, I have a question, and be honest:

Do you practice dark magic and conjuring? Did you make this starting grid happen???

Come on, you can tell me, we're mates :stir:

Rey C.

:D

I had to dance around a red chicken, kiss a black cat and light a candle while I was in the bathroom (totally different reason for that though).

I'll be pulling for Leclerc to win, Hamilton to be 2nd and Bottas 3rd. Hopefully Verstappen and Vettel will put on another duel. Should be a good race. Spa usually is.

I heard about the F2 driver, Anthoine Hubert, that got killed today. Let's hope and pray that the balance of the weekend is a safe one for all. Condolences to that young man's family and friends.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Finally, Charles Leclerq could reap what he was working fr for some time. And in this GP, Ferrari gave Vettel the clear instruction halfway through, to cover his teammates back, when the race would come to an end, and Hamilton would attack (As he did)

So the finish was:
1 - Leclerq
2 - Hamilton
3 - Bottas

4 - Vettel

Verstappen would very likely have played a major role in the outcome, but once again, he rushed in too eager, too early, and pushed into traffic into the very first corner, throwing his chances away. Still the fool.

Rey C.

I think they gave Driver of the Day to Lando Norris. But IMO, Alexander Albon deserved it. I've been impressed by that kid all season and he raced through the field from the back of the pack at Spa. Norris did a good job, and his car failing at the end wasn't his fault. But he didn't do much actual racing. With the way he skillfully carved through the field, Albon proved that his promotion to the senior Red Bull team was well deserved.

Hey, I got the podium right. Looks like my voodoo chicken dance worked. :chickendance:

dpantski

Cumming to a town near you!
Albon had a good race but with Verstappen out at the first corner it was hard to know how the Red Bull matched up in race pace to the other teams. Also Spa is one of the best circuits to overtake on so that should be taken into account. Was he ahead of Norris before the McLaren broke down?

Rey C.

No, initially he and Sergio Perez were behind Norris. Once he took Perez to school (and dropped him off without any lunch money :D), he got 5th because Lando was parked by then. Sad result for Norris, as he drove a good race.

I didn't know who Alexander Albon was this time last year and wondered why Red Bull would spend money to buy some Formula E driver out of his Nissan contract. I guess I see why now.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Memories of Monza, 2018. A controversial GP, in that year. Hamilton was somewhat ruthless, pushing through, make it or break it, and Bottas doing similar, just not with the same luck, against Verstappen.

We can expect another nailbiter

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
The first crazy story about the 2019 Monza GP:

This qualifying mess. What the hell were they thinking?

Anyways, Leclerq has another pole and Hamilton and Bottas are on 2 and 34, chaing him from the get-go. Vettel, on 4, can try his best to get involved.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
The new Ferrari hero proives more and more, that he is as ruthless as his teammate and as Hamil,ton, if push comes to shove.

And he took his pole position to the win in Monza.

1. Leclerq
2. Bottas
3. Hamilton

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
The official F1 channel took the liberty of posting a special Leclerq-win video. Enjoy.