• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official Formula 1 Racing Thread

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I couldn't help but cheer for Leclerc instead of Lewis. Clearly he learned something from that battle with Verstappen where he lost.: he now knows how to get his elbows out. And Lewis showed how much better he is than Bottas. He pressured Leclerc hard on aging medium tires. Yet on newer medium tires, it was all Bottas could do to keep up with Leclerc.

As for Vettel... what can one say? If you wrote his downfall into a movie script, no one would believe it.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
This season has some people so exited that one of the regulars in the community center for elder people of our neighbourhood keeps calling me late night to talk about jhis perspective on the Downfall of the House of Ferrari, Vettels dilemma, etc.

Well, I can't blame him!

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Vettel is on the edge of getting aban. I did not realize that!

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Looking back:

And forward to this weekend's GP, Singapore

The first of the night races, an inner city track, lots of square corners, and Vettel on the dge, pushing for getting back into the championship, while sitting on 9 out of 12 points to get him banned from a race, if collecting those next three points punishment.

We can expect a real show this weekend

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Qualifying through, and he's done it again, three races in a row now:

The third pole position in three races for Charles Leclerq. And Sebastian on position three, after Lewis Hamilton, next to Verstappen, in front of Bottas.

Yeah, that will be a fun start ^^

Rey C.

Boy, I tell ya... that was some dirty, low down business by Ferrari. Lewis has the WDC all but wrapped up. So I'll be cheering for Charles to win some more races (that Binotto can't sabotage), but I won't be cheering for Ferrari. I hope that Leclerc leaves them at some point in the future when they're struggling the most. This is at least the third time this year that they've shafted that kid. :thefinger

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Oh, I hear you. That was rotten politics for Ferrari.

But we just have one week to wait for the russian GP, on 29/09/2019

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Qualifying in Sotschi is through, and Ferrari isn't fully dominating the grid, as would have been possible, were both pilots as good with the current car they have as Leclerq. Vettel, again, had temporary pole positions, but he could not keep it up. So we see Leclerq on pole, and Hamilton on #2, again.

It still can get highly volatile, because the weather, which was supposed to be really rainy, was dry. Maybe the rain comes back, and then anything is possible.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
WHAT A MESS

I am lost for wrds about how much in a turmoil Ferrari is right now. So now, Mercedes takes the spoils

Rey C.

Right you are. This isn't the Ferrari team that Schumacher left. And Karma doesn't like Vettel. :nono: Still, I'm glad that Leclerc got another poll. And Lewis is now on 82 wins... only 9 away from Schumacher's record of 91. This one was gifted to him by the safety car - although that was apparently why Merc decided to start on medium tires. Extending the stint opens up more opportunities to steal a pit stop.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Bottas iz ze man zis year in Japan!!!

Quite a race!

Second: Vettel, and third Hamilton

Rey C.

Because of the weather, ESPN pretty well goofed up my DVR settings for the Japanese GP weekend. I missed qualifying and the pre-race show. Fairly interesting race. Good on Mercedes for paying Bottas back. I think that Lewis could have made the tires last til the end if he'd known it was a one-stopper. But that's OK. Bottas deserved a thanks for all that he's done to be a good team player.

And what's with Lewis' snowflake meltdown last week?! Dude races in cars that get about 3 miles to the gallon, he just sold his private jet that polluted enough in one year to kill 100 polar bears - yet he still flies on other peoples' private jets all around the world (including his many back & forth trips to celebrity events)... and now he sounds like he wants to off himself because the world won't go vegan? Oh puuulease! :facepalm: Yeah, he's still my favorite driver. But if Ayrton was still around, he'd bitch slap Lewis in the mouth and tell him to grow a pair. Love ya as a racer, Lewis. But get off your social justice warrior soapbox, dude. You're coming off as almost as big a hypocrite as Lebron James.

As for the new rules proposals, I just hope that goofy gimmicks like reverse grids and qualifying races die a quick death. If they'd even up the awarding of [NOBABE]the prize fund[/NOBABE] based on performance (not history), that should help some of the have nots close the gap. Course, there are teams like Williams that probably need to be restructured from top (especially) to bottom before they'll have a chance of being competitive.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
The story of Formula One is the story of bending and breaking rules. Here is a new attempt