• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What Is You Favorite Album Of All Time?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I gotta go with the first Black Sabbath album. I've listened to that album over and over and over since I was a kid and still enjoy it now.

61%2BWpO1Fn9L.jpg

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Tough choice with so many I like.

However, It would probably be Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien as its very nostalgic for me and brings back loads of great memories from the time I first listened to it.

Surfing with an alien.jpg

and some other noteable mentions which top my list:

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

Gamma Ray - No World Order

Robert Miles - 23am

Symphony X - V

Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams

Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Nightwish - Oceanborn

Dreadzone - Second Light

Tame Impala - Currents

Devin Townsend Project - Trancendence

Ayla - Nirwana

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Tough question. Ask me tomorrow and I'd give you a different answer. But today, it's Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. There's something for everyone on there.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
01. George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
02. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
03. The Mothers of Invention - Absolutely Free
04. The Allman Brothers - The Allman Brothers Band
05. The Band - Music From Big Pink
06. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
07. Fleetwood Mac - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
08. The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
09. Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
10. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
11 - Van Morrison - St. Dominic's Preview
12. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
13. The Beatles - Let It Be
14. The Who - The Who By Numbers
15. Ten Years After - Ten Years After

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Tough question. Ask me tomorrow and I'd give you a different answer. But today, it's..................................

That's where I'm always at with music. Right now my answer is, Rick Wakeman's-"The Six Wives Of Henry The Eighth". Tomorrow it'll be Pink Floyd-" Animals".

But no matter what it is, it'll be good for the head! :D

Ozzy -Diary of a Madman

One of the first ones that I bought.What gets me about it is,other than the great songs,the incredible guitar sound.I had no clue at the time who Randy Rhoads was but man,what an incredible talent!
I recently was watching some YouTube videos on Randy.On one of them, a story about a fan meeting Randy in LA was told.
The fan asked Randy where he was going.Randy replied that he was going for a guitar lesson.The fan knowing that Randy taught guitar before joining Ozzy asked him who he was teaching?
Randy replied that he was the one getting the lesson.He was brushing up on classical guitar.Imagine you are a legit guitar god and you are not afraid to tell a fan that you are getting guitar lessons.He is missed!

Attachments

• D50E1EE2-E5F6-4283-8B22-BAD0A008C2B4.jpeg
    D50E1EE2-E5F6-4283-8B22-BAD0A008C2B4.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 83

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Tough question. Ask me tomorrow and I'd give you a different answer. But today, it's Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. There's something for everyone on there.

Quite a masterpiece. And there are dozens of great songs recorded for that album that aren't even on it.
Probably about 70 songs he wrote and recorded and theyre all good.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Quite a masterpiece. And there are dozens of great songs recorded for that album that aren't even on it.
Probably about 70 songs he wrote and recorded and theyre all good.

True. They released an album of songs they say didn't make the final album, Pices Iscariot I think it was called.

Mellon Collie was their peak and in hindsight the beginning of the end for the given how things panned out on tour..

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
True. They released an album of songs they say didn't make the final album, Pices Iscariot I think it was called.

Mellon Collie was their peak and in hindsight the beginning of the end for the given how things panned out on tour..

Pisces is actually a Gish and Siamese Dream outake/singles type album.
At one time I painstakingly research thier known recording history (as I did with Nirvana as well) in order to download it. I think I managed to locate and download about 90% of what they recorded pre 2010ish.
Today that would be more difficult to do.
The outake albums for MCIS are called MCIS Demos I, MCIS Demos II, BIllys Gravity Demos, Sequence IV, and the easily findable The Aeroplane Flies High.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Operation Mindcrime is tied with Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets on my favorite album of all time list, with oodles of runners up.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Operation Mindcrime is tied with Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets on my favorite album of all time list, with oodles of runners up.

I wouldn't have guessed that. I like mostly 80's Metallica but now it makes me stressed out when I hear it.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Pisces is actually a Gish and Siamese Dream outake/singles type album.
At one time I painstakingly research thier known recording history (as I did with Nirvana as well) in order to download it. I think I managed to locate and download about 90% of what they recorded pre 2010ish.
Today that would be more difficult to do.
The outake albums for MCIS are called MCIS Demos I, MCIS Demos II, BIllys Gravity Demos, Sequence IV, and the easily findable The Aeroplane Flies High.

Riiiight. Have you listened to any of the post Zeitgeist material?

DrakeM

I'm a lapsed atheist
So many to choose from but if forced at gunpoint to pick just one, Pink Floyd's The Wall.

If not at gunpoint, then based on whole-album instead of just hit songs pick from:

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Best band catalog without a particular album: The Tragically Hip (R.I.P. Gordan Downie)

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Riiiight. Have you listened to any of the post Zeitgeist material?

yeah a couple EP's and the first songs that came from the album he was putting out 1 or 2 songs at a time. Teargarden by Kaleidyscope ( I had to look it up).
After that I lost track and havent followed them at all. But I still like them. I got into Dinosaur Jr after that and thats about all I bother with now.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I would be hard pressed to name my favorite Metallica song; Ride The Lightening, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and Black are all albums I can put on infinite repeat and never get tired of, the rest of their catalog is still miles beyond any other band I listen to, Thrash is my favorite genre, just listening to the first five seconds of Master of Puppets takes me back to Jr. High... I listen to all kinds of shit and like most genres, but yeah, beyond any question, Metallica is my favorite band.