• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Coronavirus

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The water flows, but where is it going?

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The answers are often found in the questions we ask.

Hey Orban, say something or we will think you have less of a pulse than Joe Biden.

Have you ever had a sheet pulled over your face by accident while you were eating a sandwich sitting on a park bench?

Say something, dude. It's alright.

Are you more into break dancing? I know a kid who's practically a mute but he has learned to communicate and create his own language through break dancing. When you ask him questions give him a little room especially if you want a detailed conversation. His mommy will be there as his interpreter to translate his answers.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Hey Orban, say something or we will think you have less of a pulse than Joe Biden.

Have you ever had a sheet pulled over your face by accident while you were eating a sandwich sitting on a park bench?

Say something, dude. It's alright.

Are you more into break dancing? I know a kid who's practically a mute but he has learned to communicate and create his own language through break dancing. When you ask him questions give him a little room especially if you want a detailed conversation. His mommy will be there as his interpreter to translate his answers.
patrick-good-luck.gif
to get a response

tvstrip

As for the topic:

https://www.who.int/news/item/05-05...g-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-pandemic

tl:dr
The WHO Director-General concurs with the advice offered by the Committee regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. He determines that COVID-19 is now an established and ongoing health issue which no longer constitutes a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC).

Not that it really has much meaning at this point. Most of the world basically decided it was over sometime in 2022.
Part of me is hoping it makes a comeback just to see if people will still take it seriously.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.

DrakeM

Who watches the watchman?
Sadly, I totally agree. Which is kind of why I want to see it happen. Help thin the herd.
Is that morbid?
Nope, thinning the herd of people who don't believe in science and won't get vaxxed is a good thing. HOWEVER, I have finally given up masking in public except for buses, trains, planes, etc. I've had every shot available to me, lost count to be honest, so even if I do get it, which is likely inevitable, it should be mild. I just can't look at stadiums full of unmasked people and think, "they are all wrong" anymore.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Even if a new strain of covid appeared and started killing over 1000 people a day, most businesses would stay open and defy orders to close.
The only voluntary measures they would take would be to wear masks, safe distancing, and wash hands. That's what they did in Sweden, and according to their government they had about the same percentage of casualties as countries who enforced full quarantines.
There are millions who still believe covid was a hoax or overblown, masks killed more people than any virus, and ahole Trump is still president.

Orban89, I may be wrong but Lee may be trying to recruit you into an alt-right heavy metal cult !!! 😲

tvstrip

Nope, thinning the herd of people who don't believe in science and won't get vaxxed is a good thing. HOWEVER, I have finally given up masking in public except for buses, trains, planes, etc. I've had every shot available to me, lost count to be honest, so even if I do get it, which is likely inevitable, it should be mild. I just can't look at stadiums full of unmasked people and think, "they are all wrong" anymore.
Who knows, maybe if the fatality rate & symptoms are significantly higher, things might be different. Although the level of stupidity and ignorance among many of the public exceeded all expectations, so I can't rule anything out.

In terms of masking, I still do so. Not so much because I'm fearful of infection, but because I've come to enjoy the perks. I can still get people to respect my personal space when in line/etc - not something you can really ask for if you're not wearing a mask. I also like the idea that masks help protect personal privacy. Not that I'm on the run from the law, but it's nice to know that when Walmart is recording me when I'm checking out, they don't have my full face.

Plus, I've come to appreciate that everyone looks better wearing a mask. Including me.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
For the past 2 years I've been buying toilet paper when it's on special for about 25 cents per roll in packs of 16 rolls.
I use about 3 rolls per month, and I have about a 2 year supply so far, so I'm prepared for the next pandemic, recession, war, flood, or alien invasion.

EUDvXXsWAAQALu2

Luxman

#TRE45ON
China is suddenly dealing with another public health crisis: mpox - Aug 1, 2023
While the scale is vastly differently than covid, the government is already repeating some of the same mistakes.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2023/08/01/1077047/china-public-health-crisis-mpox-outbreak/

I asked the AI to summarize the article in valley girl speak.

The article is about this outbreak of a disease called "mpox" that's, like, been happening in China. The article says that China's government, like, hasn't been doing a good job of containing the outbreak and that there's a lot of fear and uncertainty among the people there. But the government is, like, trying to downplay the severity of the outbreak and, like, not being totally transparent about the number of cases. It's, like, a really complicated and serious situation.
The Chinese government's response to the outbreak has been, like, criticized for being slow and not very effective. And the article says that, like, people are really scared because there's not enough information about the disease and there's a lot of stigma and discrimination against people who have it.
The article talks about the history of the disease and how it was, like, first discovered in the 1970s. And it, like, goes into the details of how the disease is spread and the symptoms it causes. But, like, the most interesting part is the social and political implications of the outbreak.
One of the main issues with the outbreak is that it's disproportionately affecting certain marginalized groups in China, including men who have sex with men. And this is, like, creating a lot of stigma and discrimination against these groups. It's, like, a really complex issue with a lot of layers.