• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cyberpunk 2077

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Hey guys, some important news to share. Cyberpunk 2077 has now been delayed until Dec. 10th. After going gold. Yeah that happened.

hoochimama

Baconsalt > WTC7
You only get one shot at a first impression (and reviews), better get that polish on. TW1 for instance caught a lot of crap in reviews for its long load times, despite the "issue" getting fixed/patched a mere week after launch. Since CP2077 is going to be a console launch game they also need to make sure performance is up to par on both of the new machines so that it doesn't get embroiled in the platform wars (AC Unity...).

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Another delay, which makes me happy inside. Take allllll the time you need, guys. If its as nearly as good as Witcher 3 was, we're in for a treat.

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
Another delay, which makes me happy inside. Take allllll the time you need, guys. If its as nearly as good as Witcher 3 was, we're in for a treat.
I'm a little bit surprised about that delay, I've heard that the game became gold one week ago...
Weird.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I'm a little bit surprised about that delay, I've heard that the game became gold one week ago...
Weird.

I'm sure part of it is the PS5 release. Maybe they are taking time to polish a few things in the meantime. I do think, its a little like Breath of the Wild. It came out on Wii U and I got it on there, but if it didn't, I'd prolly have gotten a Switch to play it at some point. It's been a few years now and I'm barely starting to want a Switch.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I'm sure part of it is the PS5 release. Maybe they are taking time to polish a few things in the meantime. I do think, its a little like Breath of the Wild. It came out on Wii U and I got it on there, but if it didn't, I'd prolly have gotten a Switch to play it at some point. It's been a few years now and I'm barely starting to want a Switch.
The reason for the extra 21 days delay is that they want to make sure that the game works well and runs smoothly, so they're going to be play testing the game on 9 platforms. Xbox One/X, compatibility with Xbox Series S/X, PS4/Pro, compatibility with PS5, PC and Stadia.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I swear, Xbox and their names. No idea what's what. Not sure what they're thinking but if I'm confused, think of all the dumb parents. There's going to be some seriously disappointed kids on December 25th.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Its coming. A terrible time for me to rent Red Dead 2 again.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I'm still in the middle of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. I knew this was gonna happen though.

Same for me and Red Dead. I was wise enough to hold off on my 3rd play through. My copy of Cyberpunk will be here in a couple days, not in a rush.

CrimsonBolt

Is there a huge graphic downgrade between the first PS4 (fat) and the PS4 Pro?

I heard someone saying so, I'm still on the PS4 fat model, and I don't know when I will get the PS5, the game will be mine at XXXmas, should I have to wait the PS5 for playing it? Or the game look not that bad on PS4 fat?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Its going to look as intended for regular PS4, and maybe with more blacker blacks on a pro, but only if you have the right TV for it. I've yet to notice any serious different. I have a 4K TV and a regular PS4, everything looks good. My sister has a pro, and I don't really see the difference, but maybe her TV isn't as good?

I wouldn't get a whole system just to play one game when I already have the system, but that's just me. PS4 pro VS Switch, you can see the difference, but its not gamebreaking.

I found this on duckduckgo, maybe it'll show some comparisons: https://www.digitalfoundry.net/2020...o-frame-rate-tests-can-consoles-run-cyberpunk

CrimsonBolt

Thank you Adam, I've just check the video, the colors are a bit better on PS4 Pro, but honestly I don't see a huge difference between the two! :)

My Tv is an LG 4K, (a friend of my, sold me because he buy a bigger one) the screen is not that bad when I don't put the HDR on console, I don't like the HDR effect, the colors get so wrong.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Yeah, I noticed mostly blacks are a little bit darker, but nothing I'd bother upgrading an already great system. My copy of Cyberpunk comes tomorrow, I believe. I am a big fun of the genre and play tabletop versions of it already. It will be neat to see it in video game format. Its by the same people as Witcher 3, so I know this is going to be great.