• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Less gun-control leads to ore crimes

Johan

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Missouri gun murders 'rose after law repeal'

Researchers claim a new study provides some of the most compelling evidence yet for tighter gun controls in the US.

The team followed the consequences of the State of Missouri repealing its permit-to-purchase handgun law in 2007.
The law had required purchasers to be vetted by the local sheriff and to receive a licence before buying a gun.

Reporting soon in the Journal of Urban Health, the researchers will say that the repeal resulted in an immediate spike in gun violence and murders.
The study links the abandonment of the background check to an additional 60 or so murders occurring per year in Missouri between 2008 and 2012.

"Coincident exactly with the policy change, there was an immediate upward trajectory to the homicide rates in Missouri," said Prof Daniel Webster, director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research.
"That upward trajectory did not happen with homicides that did not involve guns; it did not occur to any neighbouring state; the national trend was doing the opposite – it was trending downward; and it was not specific to one or two localities – it was, for the most part, state-wide," he told BBC News.

The team said it took account of changes that occurred in policing levels and incarceration rates, trends in burglaries, and statistically controlled for other possible confounding factors such as shifts in unemployment and poverty.
What was stark, added Prof Webster, was the rise in the number of handguns that subsequently found their way into the hands of criminals.
The team counted a doubling of handguns shortly after sale being recovered from scenes of crimes or from criminals.
"This study is compelling confirmation that weaknesses in firearm laws lead to deaths from gun violence," said Prof Webster.

The Johns Hopkins researcher was participating in a discussion here at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
The theme was "science-based strategies for reducing gun violence".

America currently has more than 300 million firearms in circulation. But the issue of gun control remains a hugely contentious one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26222578

Missouri repeal its gun control laws and the consequences are more guns being used in crimes, more people being killed by guns. And that trend doesn't affect other states nor no-gun violence. It only affects gun-violence in Missouri.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Less gun-control leads to ore crimes
I really don't see a lot of iron mines being robbed, but if you say so.

That's pretty funny, because in Ohio, we can carry, and we can carry in bars...haven't heard a single thing about rising crime rates. In fact, it seems to me, I remember hearing about a couple of places with strict gun control, that are the most dangerous places to be in the United States. If you take a good long look at California, I think you will find more gang violence, then just about anywhere else in America.

Oh, and please don't insult our intelligence by siting ANY OTHER source for gun violence, then the national FBI crime statistics...we aren't that naive, or stupid. Especially from a group of people that don't even come from America.

D-rock

Of course the fact that having more gun control leads to more future tyrannical governments oppressing their own people with no reasonable power to stop them because the only effective response as a last resort to that no longer exist.

Funny, all the pro gun control people out there never bring that point up, like ever.

I'm willing to except a moderate increase in crime and people's ability to commit crimes, and the resulting risk to myself and others, if it insures the perpetual freedoms and liberties of everybody.

And no the thinking that some more powerful force, possibly one that's internal, is going to someday oppress you or your descendents isn't some half baked conspiracy theory crap. The whole history of humanity clearly shows things like that are only a matter of if not when for everybody.

Philbert

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26222578

Missouri repeal its gun control laws and the consequences are more guns being used in crimes, more people being killed by guns. And that trend doesn't affect other states nor no-gun violence. It only affects gun-violence in Missouri.

Again, Johan and his lame libbie agenda never alters...I have stated this before and in spite of the squeals of various idiots it is still a fact...if Johan posts it, it's not true.
Anyone who wants can easily check and see Missouri has NOT, fer instance, repealed it's "gun control laws", merely changed one .
With 300 million+ firearms around, Missouri having 60 additional average gun killings a year (maybe, maybe not) isn't a national tragedy unless it's Mommies and babies being murdered by maniac family members who now have all-access to firearms.:facepalm:
Especially when everywhere there are rational gun regulations, including CCP and other free use of the 2nd Amendment, the crime stats go down and stay there.
I strongly doubt the Missouri stats are a true story, like every agenda-driven article the left comes up with.

The repeal possibly made it easier to get a gun if you are a felon or some other disqualifier, but the researchers have no way to know if those deaths would or not have happened anyway with illegally obtained guns...obviously the checks and other restrictions don't work if it's that easy to get and use firearms with one simple rule change.

MustBeGood

Again, Johan and his lame libbie agenda never alters...I have stated this before and in spite of the squeals of various idiots it is still a fact...if Johan posts it, it's not true.
Anyone who wants can easily check and see Missouri has NOT, fer instance, repealed it's "gun control laws", merely changed one .
With 300 million+ firearms around, Missouri having 60 additional average gun killings a year (maybe, maybe not) isn't a national tragedy unless it's Mommies and babies being murdered by maniac family members who now have all-access to firearms.:facepalm:
Especially when everywhere there are rational gun regulations, including CCP and other free use of the 2nd Amendment, the crime stats go down and stay there.
I strongly doubt the Missouri stats are a true story, like every agenda-driven article the left comes up with.

The repeal possibly made it easier to get a gun if you are a felon or some other disqualifier, but the researchers have no way to know if those deaths would or not have happened anyway with illegally obtained guns...obviously the checks and other restrictions don't work if it's that easy to get and use firearms with one simple rule change.

Here is Philbert's self made pic:

guitar-redneck-gansta-redneck-guitar-gun-gangsta-1291577260_m.jpg

Blame the Dem's singled minded idiot :)

2hj4.jpg

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Of course the fact that having more gun control leads to more future tyrannical governments oppressing their own people with no reasonable power to stop them because the only effective response as a last resort to that no longer exist.
[...]

I'm willing to except a moderate increase in crime and people's ability to commit crimes, and the resulting risk to myself and others, if it insures the perpetual freedoms and liberties of everybody.
I would buy this argument if it weren't for the fact that we're more armed than ever, yet losing freedoms and liberties faster than ever.

At what point will having those arms protect our rights from the government? Because that point definitely isn't now.

BingoTheDingo

Freeones is my God
I used to be all for civilians owning guns, but then I remembered that most people are nowhere near competent to handle the responsibility that comes with it.

assari

God damn it, Baconsalt!
Guns do not kill, but people who do not know how use them properly will surely kill.

If you own a gun make sure that no one else can get it, learn how to use it and then there's no problem.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Gun homicides in 2011 were around 11,000 in the U.S.

Population living in the country at the time was about 310,500,000. Not including anyone here temporarily or illegally.

That’s about a .003% chance to get shot.

Compared to a .0001% chance to get struck by lightning.

That’s only 30 times more likely to get shot than have a random bolt of electrical energy surge from the sky and strike you, assuming everyone shot is at random.

Let’s note that in 2012 only 88 deaths were attributed to mass shootings.

So around 313,000,000 people in 2012.

That’s about a 0.00002% chance to die in a mass shooting.

You are 5 times more likely to be struck by lightning than die in a mass shooting when you crunch the numbers.

In 2012, the FBI estimated that there are 110,000,000 rifles owned by law-abiding American citizens.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...many_assault_rifles_are_there_in_america.html

In 2012, the FBI released that there were 358 cases of murder where the primary weapon used was a rifle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

358/110,000,000 = 0.00032

Thirty-two hundred thousandths of the rifles in the US were actually used as scary killing machines. That’s less than half of a ten-hundredth of them. Do you know how comically small that is? Almost as comically small as the size of Johan's "cock." Yes I used quotation marks to hammer home the fact that Johan's penis is ironic.