• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Meanwhile, in the UK.... (British politics thread)

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I'm rooting for Liz Truss:

liz-truss-mp-chief-secretary-to-the-treasury-leaving-downing-street-after-a-lengthy-cabinet-me...jpg liz-trusssecretary-of-state-for-the-environmentfood-and-rural-affairsat-EWK763.jpg

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I'm rooting for Liz Truss:
The reality is that a large portion of politics, especially for females, is looks (ask AOC or the other female politicians who appear here)
I don't know what the other female contenders look like, but I'd say Truss looks pretty good as the face of British Politics.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Last edited:

tvstrip

One thing you got to hand it to the Brits, the election was one of the most diverse in the world, especially among 1st world democracies.

Granted, it was only for the party leadership (not a general election) and a white woman still won, you have 8 candidates among whom 4 were racialized people, and 4 were women. Those are stats that even "multicultural" nations like Canada, or "Big tent" parties like the US Dems can't even match.

Supafly

Retired
Bronze Member
She's completely insane. Even by conservative standards.

She really took you up on your words, and instantly sank the pound with a bill to, well, of course, they need the money!, lighten up the burden on the wealthy

And here she is today, trying to rebrand it

tvstrip

It does seem a little unfair given that she was doing everything she said she would do. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think there were any surprises (?), so for her own party to fault her for that makes me feel for her. It's pretty different from a politician doing nothing they promised.

tvstrip

One of the things that sank her was the insistence of tax cuts for the rich. While that might get you a war chest, I think you'll get more votes with tax cuts for the middle/lower incomes - so if you're a politician with a hard-on for cutting taxes, I'd say you should be focusing on that.

Supafly

Retired
Bronze Member
I blame the Labour Party for failing to first not getting an attractive badge of policies together they can run on, and then: Get a good candidate.

Is their internal party system so fucked up they rather lose than put up someone electable?

tvstrip

So does the new guy look like he will last longer than a head of lettuce?

Supafly

Retired
Bronze Member
So does the new guy look like he will last longer than a head of lettuce?
I think he already is as rotten as a lettuce that spent ten years in the shade... But the Tories made sure at least this one looks totally streamlined and professional, though they went over the top and he is so slick I bet no scandal will stick