• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS5 Topic

Excited?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I have no idea what the next bump up is going to be like, but I feel its going to depend on your TV more and more. I'm curious about the video. Will it impress me? We'll see.

freeones_regina

Administrator
I've skipped the PS4 but I got all previous versions. Maybe I will get a PS5 but it is too soon to tell.

I think any modern TV can handle it but games will move forward more and more towards HDR and 4K in the future and to benefit from that you need a TV that can display that quality. But if you don't have one, the quality will just be down scaled, it's probably not a problem, still will look good.

Definitely will get one. I will pre-order once it becomes available. I felt like the PS4 was a bit of a disappointment. I still think the PS3 had better games. I'm ready to go all out on next-gen and drop $500.00!!!

freeones_regina

Administrator
A games store chain in the Netherlands has started the pre-orders this week :rolleyes:
A bit early I'd say. You have to pay 50 euro up front as well.

A games store chain in the Netherlands has started the pre-orders this week :rolleyes:
A bit early I'd say. You have to pay 50 euro up front as well.

How is that even allowed???? :1orglaugh

I mean this news just dropped. Who knows when it will release let alone having people hand over money already lol

I've skipped the PS4 but I got all previous versions. Maybe I will get a PS5 but it is too soon to tell.
Kinda the same here. PS2 & PS3. Skipped PS4 as I have a little over a couple hundred games on my PS3 backlog.

BC really makes PS5 attractive though, and it would be nice to play all the games I missed out this gen.
You raise a good point about TV quality. PS4Pro kinda hinted at that, and I don't know if I want to/can buy a 4K TV just to get the benefit for gaming. But it would suck missing out on a large part of the upgrade to PS5.

I mean, I've perfectly happy with 720p and lower for my TV shows, and even at 1080p PS3 games look great.

Visuals aside, I'm interested in the immersive controller. Sounds like a cool feature, but give the costs of DS4, can you imagine how much more expensive a DS5 would be?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
How good can the rumble be? I've head the Switch has that fancy feature (Nintendo nails something original first again) but I never really hear people talking about it. I'd love to be impressed.

freeones_regina

Administrator
BC really makes PS5 attractive though, and it would be nice to play all the games I missed out this gen.

Too bad it is only BC with PS4 games, or at least I think it is. I also have a big backlog with PS3 games and the consoles prior to that, would love to be able to play all of them on a PS5.

You raise a good point about TV quality. PS4Pro kinda hinted at that, and I don't know if I want to/can buy a 4K TV just to get the benefit for gaming. But it would suck missing out on a large part of the upgrade to PS5.

Now I read some where that they are even aiming to push 8K :eek:

freeones_regina

Administrator
How is that even allowed???? :1orglaugh

I mean this news just dropped. Who knows when it will release let alone having people hand over money already lol

You basically buy yourself a spot on the queue when the console is released. The sooner you sign up, the higher you are in the queue and the better chance you have to get a console on day 1.
Still, not something I would ever do.

It's perfectly legal though, nobody is forcing anyone to sign up and pay the 50 bucks. It's also a well known game shop chain in the Netherlands, sort of like Game Stop in the US I guess, not some shady business.

Preorders aren't guaranteed here in states. Still first come first serve no refunds if run out of product. And this is say 14 months before release?

Just collect money and oops sold out. :brick:

Or get the system early and be wrapped up in all the bugs and issues. Not worth it in my opinion.

Give it 6 months after release and see what happens

I'd be tempted to wait a few years to get a new system baring some amazing game coming out that I for some reason couldn't live without. Part of the problem with that is unlike a long time ago it seems like the price of the newest generation consoles hardly ever lowers that much even years after it's released.

I'll probably wait a year or so before I get one. Usually the launch titles are lackluster and the games you really want come out a year in. I didn't get my PS4 until Destiny was released.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I will definitely get one.

How good can the rumble be? I've head the Switch has that fancy feature (Nintendo nails something original first again) but I never really hear people talking about it. I'd love to be impressed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall a vid of miyamoto shaking a controller and saying it can emulate ice cubes rolling around in a glass. Never tried it myself, and like you said, no one talked about it or used it in a game AFAIK.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall a vid of miyamoto shaking a controller and saying it can emulate ice cubes rolling around in a glass. Never tried it myself, and like you said, no one talked about it or used it in a game AFAIK.

I am very curious about that feature. I've heard the same thing about the ice cubes. I'd love to see it in action. I was actually thinking of getting the Switch Lite, but.. I dunno. There's no rumble on there I recently heard. I am Switch curious, always been loyal to Nintendo. Guess I'll wait and let the console price keep dropping. PS5 really needs to convince me for me to touch it early. The rumble does have my attention.

freeones_regina

Administrator
I read in an article last week that with the new controller you can feel the difference between for example walking on grass or on a pavement.
It sounds interesting and I can imagine it can add the overall immersive feeling when playing a game.