• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS5 Topic

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
trying to decide if i need to buy a new External HD for space on my PS5 when it comes out? i bought a 4 TB for my PS4 when i was continually having space issues, and would keep deleting games when there were updates or new games i need to download.
i am not sure if switching from the PS4 to the PS5,to the PS4,to the PS5 is going to be a good thing.
none of my friends will have the PS5 for a while - so i have to figure i'll still be using my PS4 on a 75/25 basis vs PS5.
any thoughts?

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
trying to decide if i need to buy a new External HD for space on my PS5 when it comes out? i bought a 4 TB for my PS4 when i was continually having space issues, and would keep deleting games when there were updates or new games i need to download.
i am not sure if switching from the PS4 to the PS5,to the PS4,to the PS5 is going to be a good thing.
none of my friends will have the PS5 for a while - so i have to figure i'll still be using my PS4 on a 75/25 basis vs PS5.
any thoughts?
I was wondering about storage as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the default for the PS5 a 1TB SSD?

I have a 1TB in my PS3 and I can't even fit half of my library on it.
Plus, isn't the SSD a solid requirement? That's going to boost the cost a bit too.

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
I was wondering about storage as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the default for the PS5 a 1TB SSD?

I have a 1TB in my PS3 and I can't even fit half of my library on it.
Plus, isn't the SSD a solid requirement? That's going to boost the cost a bit too.
You're wrong is not 1TO on ps5 is something in 800go and you can only use 667go for your games the rest is the OS.
That's the bad news!
Now what I wondering, I did the same than Walters I have and external hard rive 4to, can I put the hard rive on the PS5 without deleted my PS4 games from it?
or should i format my hardrive on the ps5?

tvstrip

I don't think I seen a console where you can just take an external HD from one and just plop in into another one, and still have the games playable. You'd basically be turning digital games into physical ones if you could do that.

I'm not sure about external HD compatibility for the PS5 either. Can you actually play PS5 games off of a non-SSD external HD?
Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of using SSDs in the first place?

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
3 replies and i've already made up my mind, Crimson bolt is 100% correct. it's only 800 and part of it is for the OS.
i just ordered another External HD, not even messing around with limited space

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
I'm not sure about external HD compatibility for the PS5 either. Can you actually play PS5 games off of a non-SSD external HD?
Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of using SSDs in the first place?
Yes you've won't play PS5 games on the external HD, but you can use it for storage!
And this is what a matter, my internet is pretty slow approx 3Hour to DL 1GO...
When I transfert a PS4 game on the external HD, It took approx 15 minutes for a game in the 40GO, so is much better!
If I had to uninstall games and when I have to play it again a few months later, it's pretty annoying because I have to wait 3 weeks for playing it again!
Even with physics game, there's always heavy updates!

tvstrip

Looks like even Sony don't have a complete solution to the HD issue:

With the launch of the PlayStation 5 this week, console gamers will be able to experience solid-state drive technology that has been fine-tuned for quicker loading times and transitions between games. Both models of the PS5 will come equipped with an 825 GB internal NVMe SSD, but only 667 GB will actually be usable.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem when external USB 3.1 hard drives are commonplace and can easily serve as a storage point for unused games, but the PS5 won't allow for its games to be temporarily moved and stored on one of these devices. If you run out of space you'll need to delete that game and then re-download it at another time, which could be a problem for people who have capped internet access.

Sony is looking into a solution for this, as Sid Shuman, senior director SIE content communications, explained on the PS Blog that "explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway."

PS4 games can currently be stored on a compatible external hard drive and accessed, a feature that the PS5 will continue to provide. In the options menu for storage, users can choose to always have PS4 games install on extended storage. This system comes with a catch though, as it will force all PS4 games to be installed on external storage and you'll need to choose which games to move onto the PS5's internal storage

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
Looks like even Sony don't have a complete solution to the HD issue:

wow Sony, you create this hardware and don't provide enough space then completely block users from storing games. figure it out jackasses

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I just don't have the urge to own one of these any time soon. Hopefully in a couple of years they will have that ironed out.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I just don't have the urge to own one of these any time soon. Hopefully in a couple of years they will have that ironed out.

Same. No desire whatsoever, especially with all this new release/rarity/scalper drama. I'm going to go back to Nintendo for awhile and by the time I'm bored of that, we'll see what games have come out. Although I have a feeling there will be a Switch update the moment I pull the trigger.

tvstrip

For sure, there is no reason to get a system at launch. We know there will be bundles with games included coming soon, price drops, and of course, the obligatory update.
Many new games are still going to be for PS4/5, so it's not like you need a PS5 right now.

tvstrip

I feel that all this talk about space just strengthens my desire for the Disc-PS5 when I get one. Sure, even physical games take up space with installation, but it's only a fraction of a digital game, plus you can always sell it if you don't want it anymore. It's like they're pushing people to physical when the trend is towards digital.