• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS5 Topic

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I heard sony tease that they still haven't revealed the biggest features of the PS5. Aside from processing power/graphical engines, I'm not sure what else can be fundamental to the system that they haven't disclosed.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I heard sony tease that they still haven't revealed the biggest features of the PS5. Aside from processing power/graphical engines, I'm not sure what else can be fundamental to the system that they haven't disclosed.

Graphic is a given. The new controller is already a thing (that's what I am excited to see). What else is there besides backwards compatibility (which wont happen all the way back, I'm sure), VR will prolly stay the same and I hope they don't obsolete my headset. I've barely explored that thing. Prolly some online stuff I don't care about? I mean, really what else is left?

tvstrip

Prolly some online stuff I don't care about? I mean, really what else is left?
Hopefully they WON'T make it a switch clone and try to shoehorn portability. I hate the idea of exposing my home console to the elements, and that I'm sacrificing processing power (or $) for that "feature".

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Hopefully they WON'T make it a switch clone and try to shoehorn portability. I hate the idea of exposing my home console to the elements, and that I'm sacrificing processing power (or $) for that "feature".

Considering everyone eventually rips off Nintendo, I guess that's not impossible, but I doubt it. Did Sony's handhelds do well? I had a used PSP for a bit but sold is as soon as I was done with Crisis Core. I never really thought they did well, but who knows. I don't see it happening but you never know.

tvstrip

Considering everyone eventually rips off Nintendo, I guess that's not impossible, but I doubt it. Did Sony's handhelds do well? I had a used PSP for a bit but sold is as soon as I was done with Crisis Core. I never really thought they did well, but who knows. I don't see it happening but you never know.
I don't think there was ever a sony handheld that did better than the equivalent ninty one. Hell, the 3/DS lineis what kept ninty alive when they were getting their ass kicked in the console market, and arguably kept them in business during the WiiU debacle.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I don't think there was ever a sony handheld that did better than the equivalent ninty one. Hell, the 3/DS lineis what kept ninty alive when they were getting their ass kicked in the console market, and arguably kept them in business during the WiiU debacle.

Not even close, no. Wii U is so underrated. Developers just didn't want to bother making games that utilized the second screen. Don't get me started..

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Yeah, this should be a given in 2020. Thing about XBox, you then have to use their backwards ass controllers. No thanks.

Playstation needs to stop nickel and dimeing with PS+ and PSNow. I'd like to play Red Dead Redemption 1, and I tried streaming it via PSNow and its blocky as shit. I lost my connection, and lost a save. I won't be renewing after the 7 day trial, that's for sure.

tvstrip

I mean, a next-gen system that can play 4 GENERATIONS of games. Just imagine if the PS5 could play PS2, PS3 & P4 games. That would literally be the largest console game library in history.
My only concern is that we know how it didn't go as planned with the PS3 FAT, so unless there's been a quantum leap in engineering, I'm not sure how reliable it might be. I'm interested in seeing if the series X has the same problems. If they manage to pull it off, sony better get their shit together.

Yeah, stick placement for xbox is odd at best. But I could lean to adapt. Also PS controllers (PS3 & 4) have that annoying "drifting left analog stick" issue, so there's room for improvement for sure.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Yeah, stick placement for xbox is odd at best. But I could lean to adapt. Also PS controllers (PS3 & 4) have that annoying "drifting left analog stick" issue, so there's room for improvement for sure.

I was raised a Nintendo kid. BAYX. I see B on the screen, I hit B. XBox has that shit flip flopped. I see B, I hit A. Super can't unlearn everything I've ever known. Even in my brain, when I play Playstation, I translate Triangle into X, Square is Y.

tvstrip

I was raised a Nintendo kid. BAYX. I see B on the screen, I hit B. XBox has that shit flip flopped. I see B, I hit A. Super can't unlearn everything I've ever known. Even in my brain, when I play Playstation, I translate Triangle into X, Square is Y.
Oh, that's what you meant. I was used to the BAYX as well; when I first started with sony I would always hit triangle when it prompted me for "X" as well. Deadly when it came to quicktime events.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I mean, a next-gen system that can play 4 GENERATIONS of games. Just imagine if the PS5 could play PS2, PS3 & P4 games. That would literally be the largest console game library in history.
My only concern is that we know how it didn't go as planned with the PS3 FAT, so unless there's been a quantum leap in engineering, I'm not sure how reliable it might be. I'm interested in seeing if the series X has the same problems. If they manage to pull it off, sony better get their shit together.

Is the PS5 not playing PS1 games or something.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Oh, that's what you meant. I was used to the BAYX as well; when I first started with sony I would always hit triangle when it prompted me for "X" as well. Deadly when it came to quicktime events.

Yup, X used to get me a lot too. Apparently X isn't X on the Playstation. Its cross. :rolleyes:

tvstrip

Yup, X used to get me a lot too. Apparently X isn't X on the Playstation. Its cross. :rolleyes:
? Isn't a cross supposed to be vertical? "+" ? And top-heavy? And don't they want to avoid all religious references? (See all those JPN games that had crosses and references to god removed??)

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
AFAIK all they have announced is that it plays PS4 games.

I only wrote that because you didn't mention the PS1 in your post. I thought it would be odd that they would only go as far back as the PS2. I still have PS1 games like the original FF VII, FF VIII, FF XI, Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon among many others that I would love to play on a PS5 if they're doing backwards compatibility, so I wouldn't have to switch out consoles.