• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The New FreeOnes (NOT THE FORUM) Suggestions, Comments, Complaints

Ariadel

9 out of 10 perverts prefer Freeones
Hey, I have a question about credits carrying over from the old site. I still haven't received mine, and I sent a contact form like somebody suggested earlier in this thread a while ago (like a few months) but still haven't heard anything back or received my credits. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Automate

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
Yes of course.

However, this had zero to do with programming.
Intended to reply to this a LOT sooner. Oh well. Anyway, SSL issues having nothing to do with programming is obvious. What I really referred to there (and should have explained) was that in general, I've seen statements a year (sometime after the main site update anyway I think) ago where you said something to the effect of the programmer who made x no longer works here and made it seem to me like that problem was then an eternally unfixable one. With proper documentation that shouldn't be possible. If those earlier cases were of e.g. Perl programmers no longer being there, then that's understandable.

I was intent on finding the exact quotes and the cases I meant, but doesn't seem like that's going to happen..

Anyway, a much more pertinent issue: do reported problems on the main site reach those that they are intended to reach? Some months ago I reported one video (once) detailing that all videos from the Scoreland channel had that extremely aggravating green blocky video corruption, on at least most of those uploaded in 2022. I made just that one report at the time 'cause I couldn't be bothered to tolerate the site enough to go through all the hundreds of videos that have that video corruption and report all of them individually. I am very reasonably sure that that corruption is right there in the video file and not a bug of the OS, browser, video player or anything else since I tried downloading them and tested on several video players and have had no such problems with videos from anywhere else. Still seeing a glitched video from Nyx Baltimore uploaded as recently as 30.1.2023.

What is the cause of that? Hard drive corruption, scoreland sending you broken video files, videos somehow corrupting in the uploading process to your site, some codec parameter misstep, no oversight on the quality of the uploaded video after the fact, video seemingly pristine after uploading and then corrupting some time after uploading, combination of all of those or what? There are probably hundreds of those corrupted videos from Scoreland and I think you'd want to prevent that from happening again. Did anybody else even report this? It can't be just my system that's making those videos glitch.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
Intended to reply to this a LOT sooner. Oh well. Anyway, SSL issues having nothing to do with programming is obvious. What I really referred to there (and should have explained) was that in general, I've seen statements a year (sometime after the main site update anyway I think) ago where you said something to the effect of the programmer who made x no longer works here and made it seem to me like that problem was then an eternally unfixable one. With proper documentation that shouldn't be possible. If those earlier cases were of e.g. Perl programmers no longer being there, then that's understandable.

I was intent on finding the exact quotes and the cases I meant, but doesn't seem like that's going to happen..

Anyway, a much more pertinent issue: do reported problems on the main site reach those that they are intended to reach? Some months ago I reported one video (once) detailing that all videos from the Scoreland channel had that extremely aggravating green blocky video corruption, on at least most of those uploaded in 2022. I made just that one report at the time 'cause I couldn't be bothered to tolerate the site enough to go through all the hundreds of videos that have that video corruption and report all of them individually. I am very reasonably sure that that corruption is right there in the video file and not a bug of the OS, browser, video player or anything else since I tried downloading them and tested on several video players and have had no such problems with videos from anywhere else. Still seeing a glitched video from Nyx Baltimore uploaded as recently as 30.1.2023.

What is the cause of that? Hard drive corruption, scoreland sending you broken video files, videos somehow corrupting in the uploading process to your site, some codec parameter misstep, no oversight on the quality of the uploaded video after the fact, video seemingly pristine after uploading and then corrupting some time after uploading, combination of all of those or what? There are probably hundreds of those corrupted videos from Scoreland and I think you'd want to prevent that from happening again. Did anybody else even report this? It can't be just my system that's making those videos glitch.
We're still working on the Scoreland issue. I'm waiting for a reply but we can say it's not us corrupting the video. I think it's actually an anti theft measure they added in at some point.

Automate

We're still working on the Scoreland issue. I'm waiting for a reply but we can say it's not us corrupting the video. I think it's actually an anti theft measure they added in at some point.
Just checked this again and saw that Nikky Wilder @ XLGirls channel today still contains the artifact bullshit. The right way - if you as a site would have any kind of backbone - would be to harshly just let them know "We'll stop uploading any videos you send for as long as this shit with the artifacts continues. You will either give us pristine clips to show as promotional material or nothing at all."

Last edited:

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Just checked this again and saw that Nikky Wilder @ XLGirls channel today still contains the artifact bullshit. The right way - if you as a site would have any kind of backbone - would be to harshly just let them know "We'll stop uploading any videos you send for as long as this shit with the artifacts continues. You will either give us pristine clips to show as promotional material or nothing at all."
If you haven't already, please create a ticket for this here and somebody will look into this in the next day or so.

Automate

If you haven't already, please create a ticket for this here and somebody will look into this in the next day or so.
Done now.

How many different places do I need to report site issues in order for any kind of action to be taken? It's like I outlined in my post above: I used the on-site report function in the video section first to report a broken video and outlined in that report already that everything from scoreland is corrupted. Didn't go and hit report for all the hundreds of corrupted clips though, as you might imagine. Then I posted to this thread when nothing seemed to be happening so that Petra would know about it.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Done now.

How many different places do I need to report site issues in order for any kind of action to be taken? It's like I outlined in my post above: I used the on-site report function in the video section first to report a broken video and outlined in that report already that everything from scoreland is corrupted. Didn't go and hit report for all the hundreds of corrupted clips though, as you might imagine. Then I posted to this thread when nothing seemed to be happening so that Petra would know about it.
Petra doesn't check the board every day, but I do several times. The issue is being looked in to, thanks for the report ticket.