• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video Game Music that's on your playlist (Ongoing)

Freq3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Since a lot of my gaming started in the 90s back when I had my Amiga I am very familiar, and hold a torch for a lot of music that featured in the games I played then

Here's one of my all time favorites, a medley from Hired Guns (1993)

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Old School RTS gamers will appreciate this one:

Frank Klepacki's songs for the CC/RA and Dune games are synonymous with RTS gaming. I mean, who knows the composer for Blizzard games?

@greedo man I love mirror's edge. That song is so perfect for that game.

tvstrip

@greedo

Speaking of Mirror's Edge, did you see the video of the "Hidden" ending where you actually play through the final rooftop level instead of it essentially being a quicktime event?

tvstrip

With burnout in sight, Final Fantasy composer takes indefinite sick leave
https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/20/17882622/nobuo-uematsu-hiatus-final-fantasy-composer

Uematsu is the genius behind the music of Final Fantasy, literally from FFI. He is easily one of the greats of Gaming Music Composers and I really hope he recovers & gets back to doing what he loves.

So in his honor I'm on an Uematsu binge right now. I think my favs are from FFVI, so here are 2 battle themes which are always on my list:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
That is worrying, I truly hope he recovers.

tvstrip

OC Remix posted their new project: Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness!!

I've been waiting so long for this one! For those who don't know, "Seiken Densetsu 3" is the sequel to "Secret of Mana". So basically "Secret of Mana 2". I really loved this game because it really pushed the limits of what the SNES could do. The boss battles are particularly impressive, there are SIX different storylines depending on which you chose as you main character, and of course, the music is epic.

There are some songs that are influenced by SOM and are almost like remixes of them, but in general they keep the same musical atmosphere. So if you liked the music from SOM, you'll Love this album!

Free (legit) to download from: http://sd3.ocremix.org/

tvstrip

@Rane
Did Zimmer actually compose the soundtrack to Cysis 2? Did he do the trilogy too?
I love his work; "The Rock" is still my all-time fav movie score.