• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video Game Music that's on your playlist (Ongoing)

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones

Reports are saying that Uematsu has come out of sabbatical (at least partially) to contribute some tracks to the FFVII remake.
Glad he did. It's not the same without him.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
3 hour SNES goodness:
I would listen to these more, but I gotta be respectful of others' eardrums.
WHich isnt to say they dont care for it, but I tend to put on background music and just let it play for a day or 3.
At a low volume, but still. ;)

5 hour 'atmospheric'

I'm thinking of making my own compilation, but good lord having to go allllll over the place and finding it all.. my version of a perfect start would be squaresoft games of a select few years, then incrementally move forward.
Once I get to the PS1 era, include N64 and gameboy versions.. a little overwhelming to think of all the music I've heard over the years that was chill enough for me to set the controller down and just listen until it repeats. :)
Northern snow area, FF7... garden theme, FF8, al bhed rest stop, FF10, any given cave in FF6 (Narshe must-have, but everything besides mt colt is chill, IIRC)

- - - Updated - - -

3 hour SNES goodness:
I would listen to these more, but I gotta be respectful of others' eardrums.
WHich isnt to say they dont care for it, but I tend to put on background music and just let it play for a day or 3.
At a low volume, but still. ;)

5 hour 'atmospheric'

I'm thinking of making my own compilation, but good lord having to go allllll over the place and finding it all.. my version of a perfect start would be squaresoft games of a select few years, then incrementally move forward.
Once I get to the PS1 era, include N64 and gameboy versions.. a little overwhelming to think of all the music I've heard over the years that was chill enough for me to set the controller down and just listen until it repeats. :)
Northern snow area, FF7... garden theme, FF8, al bhed rest stop, FF10, any given cave in FF6 (Narshe must-have, but everything besides mt colt is chill, IIRC)

tvstrip

any given cave in FF6 (Narshe must-have, but everything besides mt colt is chill, IIRC)
I was obsessed with the FF6 soundtrack, I have the original 3-CD OST, Grand Finale & the Piano collections. My favs are still the battle/boss themes, but I agree that the ambient tracks are pretty awesome too. Phantom Forest & Phantom Train just take me to another world, and Celes/The Aria temporarily made me an opera fan.

BusterLoads

My nipples are like bullets!
Too many to post links too but I will say that basically everything from the first three God of War games, Dante's Inferno, all the Silent Hill music, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 OST's are on a constant rotation on my ipod. There are also a few tracks from Destiny 2 that are really really good, namely the Genesis Mind and Dawning event.

tvstrip

This is the theme for the "Dark Visions" event that's currently going on in FF Brave Exvius.
Really fits the FF theme well.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

GET OFF MY SHIP SPACE MARINE!!

Freq3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Got these on my headphones at the moment...remixes by Char7ie of the game music from Jim Power, Turrican 2 and Pinball Dreams on the Amiga...some great guitar work in this lot! 🙂

Freq3

Got this on from Turrican 2 from the Amiga...remixed by Cirdan

tvstrip

Maybe not technically music from the game itself, but the song is basically synonymous with the game so I think it qualifies.

A Klassic

Freq3

More from the Amiga

Lotus 3 - Miami Ice remix by daXX