• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video Game Music that's on your playlist (Ongoing)

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
@Rane
Did Zimmer actually compose the soundtrack to Cysis 2? Did he do the trilogy too?
I love his work; "The Rock" is still my all-time fav movie score.

No not on his own, he 'collaborated' with a couple other dudes on 2. I don't think he was involved in 1 or 3, (I could be wrong), but they like to throw his name in there because he's so awesome.

Speaking of Crysis 3, I loved the Alpha Ceph Theme. That music when the baddies come out or something big was about to go down was awesome!

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
That music when the baddies come out or something big was about to go down was awesome!
I love songs like that! Usually they're those epic boss battles where you just reached the end of a long dungeon and can just sense the boss coming up... then BAM!! BOSS FIGHT!

Speaking of, I'm back to playing the SaGa2 (Final Fantasy Legend 2) remake. The boss battle music was just amazing, esp for the gameboy. This quartet does a bang up job of the boss music... it's as much fun watching them as it is listening to their music :)

tvstrip

Current FFBE event is a Final Fantasy Type-0 level featuring Gilgamesh from FF V. This theme in Type-0 is a remixed version of his FFV song, and reminded me of some of the awesome versions made of this song:

Freq3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Another couple of fav classic Amiga themes

tvstrip

This is actually one of the songs that got me to start this thread. It's the main battle theme from the Free-2-Play Final Fantasy Exvius game you see us discussing on this forum.

I have literally heard this song every days for the past 2 years without missing a day, and I'm still not sick of it. It's up there with the FF greats, and the musicians are really getting into the performance on this one.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I didn't know this thread existed. I listen to way too much video game music that I'd be here all day listing it all. From in game music to remixes, mostly by OverClocked Remix, to music that was used in trailers, tv spots, or E3 press conferences such as Massive Attack's - Teardrop that was used in the original Assassin's Creed tv spot and Lorde's - Everybody Wants to Rule the World cover that was used in the Assassin's Creed: Unity reveal.

tvstrip

mostly by OverClocked Remix
Welcome to the thread!!

OCRM is like one of the most important websites for me. The talent there is unreal, and the fact that it's 100% Legal, but still free means VG Music is a hobby anyone can enjoy.

It's seems like it's picked up in the west (finally) over the past 10 yrs or so, but as a kid I remember getting the sheet music for Dragon Quest and other games which made me start the piano. Back in the days of CDs, Japanese music stores even had HUGE sections just for VGM, and I still remember going to the Tokyo Philharmonic Concerts. These days I have gone to the VG Live! and Zelda concerts since they are literally the only options you have outside of Japan to listen to this genre live.

tvstrip

Ducktales Remastered is getting taken down across all digital storefronts this week, so I think it's only appropriate that we honor one of the greatest video game songs of all time:

tvstrip

After watching the Aladdin Remake, I got a craving to play the original PC/Genesis game, which is probably the best animated game on the system and miles above anything (even the SNES game) at the time.

The music for the cave escape aka "Arab Rock" is one of my fav fast paced songs from the 16-bit era, and the remixes still hold up today.